Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

UPDATE: She legitimately thinks she is a bridesmaid

2»

Re: UPDATE: She legitimately thinks she is a bridesmaid

• Options
    i understand why you fiance doesn't want her invited any more. To my ears her mentioning she is going to give a toast at your wedding is a veiled threat. It's probably because i've heard too many stories, and seen too many movies about horrible, inappropriate, drunk wedding toasts and it's a vague secret fear of mine. Can you imagine her standing up to give a toast and starting out with "so i was suppose to be a brides maid..."
    That thought hadn't even occurred to me. Holy effing shitballs.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    amandaj424 Did you end up having a talk with her? How did it go?

This story is nuts, but I totally agree with PP. Firm and straightforward seem to be the way to manage her. Don't give her any wiggle room. If you say things like "awww, wish you could be there but we don't have space" seems like she will show up and with her own chair and not eat since she isnt *technically* taking the space of anyone. 
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you had to go through that. But I'm laughing so hard right now. Girl is nuts. I don't even think I would invite her to the wedding.
  • Options
    Well holy crap. I guess that's one way for the problem to resolve itself.

Clearly she thought giving you an ultimatum, you'd pick her, she's really just that crazy.

Dsaaaaamn.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options

Even if she did think she was a BM, what on earth made her think that you would ever pick her over your MOH in a ultimatum situation?  That is crazypants.  Obviously MOH is the MOH because you consider her to be the most important person in your wedding party.  Why would you ever pick sides against her?

This girl is nutballs.  You'd be lucky if she never contacted you again.

• Options
    Wow.

Well, at least that's over with.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options
    Sounds to me like she has other issues she needs to address that won't  be solved by simply being a BM.
  • Options
    I'm sorry, but this update cracked me up.  I never thought that she would eliminate the problem by "removing herself" from the WP!

There you go.  Advice from now on: let crazy take its course and remove itself.  

WOW.
  • Options

Wow, she sounds like a whole mess of crazy there. Honestly, I'd just stop all contact with her to keep your stress levels down!

~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Wow... I'm sorry because I know that had to be stressful for you but I'm cracking up right now.
  • Options
    Wow is right!! I know of a train wreck of a wedding coming up that sounds like it could a perfect fit for crazy ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    There are no words. I, along with PPs, am dying with laughter. I'm sorry to had to go through this but there really couldn't have been a more comical way for this situation to resolve
  • Options

You should be flattered to have someone so obsessed with you and your wedding. ;)

I would hire security.

• Options
    OMG.  That's hilarious, sad, and quite disturbing all at the same time.

Don't talk to her about the wedding anymore, ever.  Don't invite her to the wedding.  Hire security and give them her photo.

Wow.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards