March 2014 Weddings

Wedding Rings!

Hi ladies! So my FI and I basically have everything done. Just need to do last minute stuff (seating chart, menu and program printing, wedding party gifts etc.), but we haven't ordered our wedding rings yet! I am kind of freaking out. We would like to spend no more than $1,000 for both of them. Does anyone know of a good place online to get them? I would like white gold with some diamonds on them. He seems to like platinum, non shiny metal bands. Thanks for your help!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Rings!

• We got ours at Kay's, mine is a twist white gold with diamonds. His is steel with black diamonds. Around $600 for both :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Check out Blue Nile. FI has bought me jewelery from there before and I have zero complaints. I think they might be running a sale for valentines day right now. Check retailmenot.com for coupon codes too.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We went to a local jewelry place, that we weren't expecting to have much of a selection.  They had THOUSANDS of rings to choose from and we were thrilled.  FI went 2 weeks ago and put a deposit down on our rings.  They are hand made in Canada, and NO ONE will have something like ours unless they get the name of the designer, etc and figure out which one we ordered.  LOL.

I can not wait.  They'll be in mid-february hopefully.  So exciting.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • We ended up getting ours at a friend of the family's jewelry store in LA (CA not Louisiana, lol). We were shopping for a while for one to go with my engagement ring that has pink sapphires next to the diamonds and teardrop sapphires on the sides under the diamond.  I had fallen in love with a Tiffany's one that was way too much $$.  The jeweler was able to create one similar (and much prettier) within our budget and within the week that we were in town for his brother's wedding.  I absolutely love it. Can't wait to wear it.  FI's was much easier, he wanted a tungsten one and they had more of a selecting than other stores we were at.

We saw a lot of nice rings at Jarred (where FI purchased the engagement ring) and Kay's.  Try there?
  • We ended up getting ours at a friend of the family's jewelry store in LA (CA not Louisiana, lol). We were shopping for a while for one to go with my engagement ring that has pink sapphires next to the diamonds and teardrop sapphires on the sides under the diamond.  I had fallen in love with a Tiffany's one that was way too much $$.  The jeweler was able to create one similar (and much prettier) within our budget and within the week that we were in town for his brother's wedding.  I absolutely love it. Can't wait to wear it.  FI's was much easier, he wanted a tungsten one and they had more of a selecting than other stores we were at.

We saw a lot of nice rings at Jarred (where FI purchased the engagement ring) and Kay's.  Try there?
  • Check out Blue Nile. FI has bought me jewelery from there before and I have zero complaints. I think they might be running a sale for valentines day right now. Check retailmenot.com for coupon codes too.

I second this, I LOVE Blue Nile.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Having a friend of the family with a jewelry store is AMAZING.  I custom designed my wedding band after a Tiffany design as well.  I got a great price because our jeweler is our close friend's stepdad. 
    I highly recommended befriending jeweler or someone related to one, lol. 
  • I agree, @silver0319.  I told FI to always get me stuff done from them.  lol
  • There is a deal on LivingSocial for Blue Nile. $100 for a $200 voucher. https://www.livingsocial.com/deals/1007479-200-to-spend-on-fine-jewelry-free-shipping
  • This sounds crazy but I bought mine off of ebay for $200 and similar styles sell for almost $1000...this is their store if you want to check it out: http://www.ebay.com/usr/lord_of_pearls

• My mother works for Littman Jewelers, so we ordered his platinum band through her, and my band from the jeweler he used for my e-ring (it had to be custom fit so it's one of those bands you can't wear on its own, it kinda molds around the center of the stone/halo center).  So one the one year anni im going to request an eternity band i can wear on its own :D

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• rakkaya87 said:
    My mother works for Littman Jewelers, so we ordered his platinum band through her, and my band from the jeweler he used for my e-ring (it had to be custom fit so it's one of those bands you can't wear on its own, it kinda molds around the center of the stone/halo center).  So one the one year anni im going to request an eternity band i can wear on its own :D
    My girlfriend has one of the halo rings.  She said trying to find a band is a PITA.  She has time...her wedding is in October.  

I on the other hand - ours are custom design/hand made.  I told FI that for our one year anniversary I want the eternity band and I'd get him his custom design ring w/his jeep headlights, etc on it.  He's a weirdo sometimes.  Heh.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 0 awaiting reply
  • Etsy! I love the idea of wearing something that's more unique and/or "vintage"
  • Picked my rings up yesterday evening!!! Now it's getting real!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 0 awaiting reply
  • I used http://pompeii3.com/. They work through ebay so they would set up a listing for you. Great communication and price! I got his $1300 band for $600.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @verna25  we used a hand made jeweler out of Toronto, Canada.  We paid a total of $256.00 for both our rings.  His was just a little more than mine but we love them to pieces. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 0 awaiting reply