Connecticut
Options

Venues for outside, glatt kosher caterers?

Hi CT Knotties,
My fiance's family is glatt kosher, which means we need to have a reception that is served by a kosher-only caterer that follows some strict rules. We've been looking at venues for a few weeks and I've been surprised by how few allow outside catering, or specifically whatever caterer you choose. Some allow a choice of a couple caterers, but that usually doesn't work for us. Thus far we've really only had luck with Lighthouse Point Park, but my best friend is getting married there soon so that may be an issue.
Any recommendations for venues? And glatt kosher caterers, for that matter?
Thanks!

Re: Venues for outside, glatt kosher caterers?

• Options
    There used to be a restaurant in Stamford called Kosh. (Short for Kosher) It had closed, but is no re-opening, apparently, under a new name. The new place is Six Thirteen. - I don't know what the new place will be like, but perhaps someone there could provide leads for Kosher caterers. - The website for the old restaurant has a little bit more information. As it turns out, by chance, tonight is their soft open.  http://www.itskosh.com

Wishing you good luck!
  • Options
    Pinnacle View from Engaged Connecticut allows outside vendors.  My future brother in law family has the same issue, and I've gone with my sister to a ton of locations because of this.  We also looked at Wickham Park, the UConn Alumni Center and the Nathan Hale Homestead. 
    counting down to the big day
  • Options
    There used to be a restaurant in Stamford called Kosh. (Short for Kosher) It had closed, but is no re-opening, apparently, under a new name. The new place is Six Thirteen. - I don't know what the new place will be like, but perhaps someone there could provide leads for Kosher caterers. - The website for the old restaurant has a little bit more information. As it turns out, by chance, tonight is their soft open.  http://www.itskosh.com

Wishing you good luck!
    Thanks so much! I had heard about Kosh from my fiance's family but had never been there. What a funny coincidence that they just reopened, we'll have to check it out.

Pinnacle View from Engaged Connecticut allows outside vendors.  My future brother in law family has the same issue, and I've gone with my sister to a ton of locations because of this.  We also looked at Wickham Park, the UConn Alumni Center and the Nathan Hale Homestead. 
    @missmarry2013, thanks for the referrals, is the UConn Alumni Center the same as the Branford House? If so, I have seen things about that venue before and the pictures are very pretty. I can't find a whole lot about Pinnacle View for whatever reason, is it new?
    We looked at Eolia recently and kinda fell in love, but they will only work with one particular Kosher caterer and she hasn't gotten back to me. It's probably been over a week since I first tried to get in touch and I'm not sure what to do about it. The venue books up quickly, but obviously I don't want to book the it without talking to our only option for catering.
  • Options
    I am getting married at the Lounsbury house in ridgefield. You have to have offsite catering for the venue.
  • Options
    I got married at Wickham Park in Manchester.  It was beautiful log cabin overlooking the Hartford skyline.  You have to bring in all your own vendors so bringing in a Kosher vendor should be no problem.  Also where the cake is served is in a different building then the tent where you eat so you may be able to get away with a meat meal and a dairy dessert
    We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz
  • Options
    Pinnacle View is brand new.  Alumni Center is different than Branford House but maybe run by the same people. 
    counting down to the big day
  • Options
    I am getting married at the Brandford House - there are no restriction on caterers, you can bring in who ever you want! 
    We initially liked Eolia but loved being able to pick who WE wanted for everything!
  • Options
    Brandford house on the UCONN Gronton campus and the UCONN Alumni house should be at Storrs. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards