June 2014 Weddings
Options

Getting Closer: What is your biggest still To do?

I am so happy there is less than a half year to go (got engaged Christmas Eve 2012). We need a rehearsal dinner venue lickity split. FI says he's on it. And I am busily making invitations (last major DIY).
20130121-125529.jpg 
  Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Getting Closer: What is your biggest still To do?

• Options
    Booking our church, finding a limo, making invitations, my daughters dress and his vest/tie, deciding where and if we're going on a family vacation but that will depend on tax money lol
  • Options
    We are planning on ordering our invitations this weekend, so that is almost done. We also need to book our rehearsal dinner venue/catering, but that is on hold until we meet with our officiant next month and schedule our rehearsal. *sigh*
  • Options
    We have to book the limo and the shuttle, which we will probaby do next week sometime.  We also still need to book our honeymoon, we are waiting for the travel agent to get back to us on one smaller detail before we officially book.    Ordering invitation next month too. 

Anniversary

• Options

Flowers.  Still not 100% sure what I'm doing with those.  Otherwise we're good with photographer, catering, dress, and venue and those are the big things in my mind.   I think it's little details that are going to overwhelm me as we get closer.

• Options
    wabanziwabanzi member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2014
    ab6704a said:

Flowers.  Still not 100% sure what I'm doing with those.  Otherwise we're good with photographer, catering, dress, and venue and those are the big things in my mind.   I think it's little details that are going to overwhelm me as we get closer.

Definitely true.  My email inbox filled up in January with wedding website reminders.  I got so excited when engaged, I think I signed up for ever website in the world (of course now, I mainly only use a few).  Most of those todos are pretty minute, but time consuming:
    e.g.: Make a photo-shot list (ugh).

But, it should make the time go fast.  I am determined not to stress. Enjoy it all, and have fun.  

--so we shall see how that goes--

20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    HAHA! EVERYTHING! We are not even officially engaged yet... I know it will be BY March 1... I am trying to talk my mom into going to look at dresses with me BEFORE we are engaged because I am cutting it close. My FI won't let us book anything until there is a ring on my finger. WOOP! lol
  • Options
    Ugh - photo shot list.  Don't even want to think about it!
  • Options
    We just applied for our passports today. I have a few diy decorations left, the men need to order their suits? We have a DJ, but we need to come up with some sort of playlist (and learn to dance). And, you know, the most important part...actually planning the ceremony!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Really, almost everything is basically done and I just need to pay for everything. 

I did have to reorder rsvp cards bc of an oversight on my part *facepalm* but zazzle.com was so helpful and actually gave me a credit towards a re-purchase so I did that today. 

Next month I am taking my daughter and one of the other younger bridesmaids to get their dresses. 

Bridesmaids' gifts are chosen and need to be purchased.

Rehearsal dinner will be handled by the future in laws.

Of course addressing and mailing invites.

Waiting on the rest of the bouquets to be shipped...moh, bm, jr bm.

Oh, I decided to get different shoes so I'll do that when I'm shopping next month.

I guess that's it :)
    ~*~June 21, 2014~*~

• Options
    We just got the catering done. That is a relief. I want to get our invitations printed soon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Ordered the Bridesmaid dresses yesterday...and got to see my wedding dress as it came in early :)

Just finalized the catering, am working on the invitations, doing some diy decorations and are meeting with the officiant next week to plan out our ceremony. We just booked our honeymoon too and we're so excited!!

I guess the biggest thing is for the guys to rent or buy their suit/tux, buy the rings and book some wedding night accommodations.

• Options
    nothing... only thing really left is to address invites and figure out rehearsal dinner (my FPIL are hosting it) and ceremony readings/music.  :/    *twiddles thumbs*
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Wow I feel like a slacker. I have everything scheduled but nothing really done yet.

• Options
    It's mostly little details for me too, but those are going to add up!

Biggest thing right now is finishing designing the invites and getting those printed and addressed. 
  • Options
    Ugh, don't even like to think about it at this point. I just got a big one out of the way- emailed my parents concerning some drama they started throwing around, and everything was waiting on that. Assuming we don't completely change plans, I have a photographer picked out but need to officially book, and I need to make (gulp) my invitations. And we need to pick out what we're doing for food before doing that if we go with a plated dinner. 
  • Options
    I just finished ordering my invitations! Now I just have to wait for them to arrive and address them all :|
  • Options
    FiancB said:
    Ugh, don't even like to think about it at this point. I just got a big one out of the way- emailed my parents concerning some drama they started throwing around, and everything was waiting on that. Assuming we don't completely change plans, I have a photographer picked out but need to officially book, and I need to make (gulp) my invitations. And we need to pick out what we're doing for food before doing that if we go with a plated dinner. 

Luckily, no drama to date (fingers crossed). I hope things are calmer for you now.
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Our Big Stuff left:

- Get the guys dressed (FI is really dragging his feet on this)

-Get the girls jewelry and my accessories

-Start/Finish our chuch prep (This one is driving me crazy.  We have to do a FOCCUS Test and counseling with the church over the course of a couple visits.  I've asked a couple times to set it up but they keep telling me someone will call closer to the date.  FI and I have a really busy Spring and it would be much better to do it now rather than wait two more months)

-Complete Invitations.  We have the style done, now we just hav to work out wording and layout of enclosure cards.

• Options
    Yay we just booked our wedding limo and transportation! Another big check off the to do list!

Anniversary

• Options
    This has been such a helpful post, as i didn't know if i was on schedule or not!!
    We've been engaged for over a year now, but didn't start planning until last month, so everything has been piling up!

Right now my two biggest projects are booking our honeymoon and finding an officiant

But i also have to deal with:

-My invites are in, i just have to start addressing them
    -we need to register still
    -girls picked out their dresses, but i am waiting on one more girl to get measured so they can all order
    -have to start thinking about what our centerpieces will look like (my sister is making them for us)
    -I need to find someone for hair and makeup, and then book trials
    -have to book limo, shuttles, hotel block
    -FI has to finalize who his groomsmen are...........
    -FI has to decide about his attire/groomsmen's attire....
  • Options
    This has been such a helpful post, as i didn't know if i was on schedule or not!!
    We've been engaged for over a year now, but didn't start planning until last month, so everything has been piling up!

Right now my two biggest projects are booking our honeymoon and finding an officiant

But i also have to deal with:

-My invites are in, i just have to start addressing them
    -we need to register still
    -girls picked out their dresses, but i am waiting on one more girl to get measured so they can all order
    -have to start thinking about what our centerpieces will look like (my sister is making them for us)
    -I need to find someone for hair and makeup, and then book trials
    -have to book limo, shuttles, hotel block
    -FI has to finalize who his groomsmen are...........
    -FI has to decide about his attire/groomsmen's attire....

We too have one groomsman -the best man-up in air. He is unsure if he can make the long trip. We gave him a deadline and keeping our fingers crossed.

Registering-we started, but it is a mess. We don't want much. Some some plates and serving pieces. But we have much to do in that area.  Ugh.  I didn't think registering would be such a chore.
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Registering-we started, but it is a mess. We don't want much. Some some plates and serving pieces. But we have much to do in that area.  Ugh.  I didn't think registering would be such a chore.
    we are seeing it as a chore to register too!  we're finding it hard to pick things out because we don't have room for much in our apartment, nor do we need much of anything, though we know we will need more once we move out.  So he doesn't see the point in registering.  I'm trying to motivate him with the prospect of going around the store with a scanner and shooting lasers at things he wants.....
  • Options

we are seeing it as a chore to register too!  we're finding it hard to pick things out because we don't have room for much in our apartment, nor do we need much of anything, though we know we will need more once we move out.  So he doesn't see the point in registering.  I'm trying to motivate him with the prospect of going around the store with a scanner and shooting lasers at things he wants.....
    My FI loved that part.  But now it all has to be sorted out.  He scanned everything! Blah.
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We won't know where we will be living after the wedding until the end of April. That made registering difficult! The lady at Bed, Bath, and Beyond would ask a question like, "What colors are going to be in your bathroom?" and the whole time I was thinking, "I don't even know what state my bathroom is going to be in!"
  • Options
    elBecko said:
    amakayeb said:
    We won't know where we will be living after the wedding until the end of April. That made registering difficult! The lady at Bed, Bath, and Beyond would ask a question like, "What colors are going to be in your bathroom?" and the whole time I was thinking, "I don't even know what state my bathroom is going to be in!"
    We had a similar situation. FI's aunt is making a quilt for us and she wants it to match our living room colors. Considering we've been short-term renting cheap college apartments, it was a pretty hard question to answer. 
    Well, perhaps this is the better way to do it.  It is much easier to paint to match existing objects than the reverse.  You can take any object into a paint store and they can match it.  But it also means you have unlimited choices now.

We just finished our registry tonight.  I never, never thought it would be so hard!  We both got cranky right away trying to figure everything out. But in the end we have about 70-80 items --about 1/2 of those below $25--for 160 guests.  So I'm hoping we get it all.  We kept our registry minimal as most people in both our families gift cash.  

I wanted to register for some new windows for the house, but thought that might be pushing it. Ha ha.
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    elBecko said:
    We bought our wedding bands today!  Mine is a plain 2 mm yellow gold band, and FI's is titanium  with yellow gold around the edges (below).  We both got off work today for the weather, so I've convinced him to go pick out groomsmen attire!

That band is very similar to one FI likes.  He hasn't completely decided yet, nor have I.  There was a bridal showcase yesterday in our town and we were both trying on rings.  So fun :-)
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Let's see... Invites still need to be ordered, gifts for attendants, tuxes for guys, and we need to register soon. The shower is in 2 months!
  • Options
    I'm pretty much done with everything except paying everything off, finding flowers (!!!), and addressing invitations. I have them, but I don't have the willpower to sit down and hand write that many addresses. I get a headache just thinking about it.
  • Options
    Just this week, we signed the contract for the ceremony venue, the transportation to the venue, and finally got a quote from the reception venue, which should be finalized next week. No stress! <sigh> Now that we're set, I can finish designing the invites and get them printed. Hooray! That's the big stuff. Next items: pick a photographer and get a DJ. Then we have a bunch of little things, but that'll be fine.
  • Options
    Still haven't booked a DJ. I already have someone in mind but my FSIL keeps telling me that her DJ friend will do it for a cheaper price (and who doesn't look cheaper, right?) so I've been waiting to hear back on that. But that was a week ago...so I'm waiting. Giving her until next week and if she can't get ahold of him than I'm going to go with the guy that I was originally planning on! And the BP flowers...that's another big thing that I haven't quite figured out yet. Mom thinks that I should DIY them to save money, but I'm not creative or crafty, however, I think we'll probably go that route anyway...I'm sure we can figure it out...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards