Chit Chat
Options

I've created a monster. *Sherlock spoiler*

JCbride2015JCbride2015 member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited February 2014 in Chit Chat
We just watched the most recent episode of Sherlock, in which Watson gets married.  (BTW-- how cool are British morning coats?)  Watson's wedding has purple uplighting.

FI: OMGeee we should have purple lights at our wedding!
Me: But won't that look weird with the teal and gold? [On rereading, I've realized this would create a Mardi Gras color scheme.  No thanks]
Fi: We can have purple AND teal!  The lights are already there, it will cost like $8 to get purple plastic!
Me: But I don't want purple.
Fi: BUT IT'S MY WEDDING AND I WANT PURPLLLLLE!

I've created a monster.  Pretty soon he'll be coming on TK and saying, "But it's MY day!"

ETA spoiler alert in title
Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

Re: I've created a monster. *Sherlock spoiler*

• Options
    WinstonsGirlWinstonsGirl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    Why don't you just do 2 weddings??  1 for him and 1 for you??  I think this is a perfect excuse for a PPD.  ;)

ETA - PPD = Pretty Prince Day in this case

• Options
    LMFAO, I can totally see a JCGroom account popping up this weekend...

I think right now that I want purple uplighting but we don't have any other colors picked out yet, so we can work it in lol.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    Aaaahhh we LOVE Sherlock!! FI has some fancy techy thing on his phone that streams movies and tv to the TV (I don't ask questions). We saw all 3 episodes of this season of Sherlock in the first week in Jan. I'm already aching for thr next season!

P.S. Good luck with your monster! :)
  • Options
    pinkcow13 said:
    LMFAO, I can totally see a JCGroom account popping up this weekend... I think right now that I want purple uplighting but we don't have any other colors picked out yet, so we can work it in lol.
    LOL this would not be the first time that idea's popped up.  He usually asks me how "the ladies" are doing and "is there any gossip?"  I hate him reading over my shoulder so more than once I've told him, "It's a public forum!  Read it yourself!"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Hahaha I love when FI/DH stories pop up on this board because they're always ah-mazing. You should ask him if he wants a gold crown to match the other gold touches, so that everyone knows it's His Day.

• Options
    JCbride2015JCbride2015 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    Hahaha I love when FI/DH stories pop up on this board because they're always ah-mazing. You should ask him if he wants a gold crown to match the other gold touches, so that everyone knows it's His Day.
    @pumpkinsandturkeys Fi says: "Wait... is she fucking with me?  Do I really get one?"

ETA we are obsessed with Sherlock.  I know there are mysterious ways to get the third episode but I'm not savvy enough.  PBS will come around for us soon enough.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    DH actually said that once, during our wedding planning, when I had suggested that red candles plus orange koufeta bags plus yellow gourds were FINE because it was an autumn wedding.

DH: But I think they should match.
    Me: They do match. Our colours are autumnal, so it works.
    DH: But don't you think the candle holders should be more of an amber colour, or should the koufeta bags be more crimson?
    Me: I think you're over-thinking this.
    DH: It's my wedding, too! I want a say in this!
    Me: You are welcome to care about this, but I don't, and the options you want are twice as expensive as the options I've picked, so if your say is to over-spend, go right ahead.
    DH: Oh. Yeah, you're right. 
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    Lmao. I haven't had that happen yet. For me it's been more. Me: which candle do you like? Him: they look the same. Me: this one is white and this one is blue they do not look the same. Him: I like the one that lights.
  • Options
    Lol- yea FI is used to me being on here. When he sees me on the computer or curled up next to him in the couch furiously typing away, he's like "are you knotting, again?" He actually asked me that a little while ago haha
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    This is fantastic!

OMG DID NOT REALIZE THAT THE NEW SEASON OF SHERLOCK CAME OUT!! EEEEE!!!  FI is going to be super excited too!  (We don't have TV.. and we don't have a data plan that allows us to stream anything.. so we just wait until one of our local libraries get it and do a Sherlock binge)

FI was pretty committed to getting married in a barn.  He also wanted to get married on top of a mountain, which is cool.. but I talked to him about not wanting to exclude people, price, etc. etc..  He then suggested that we could just rent a helicopter for them... I think he was only half joking.

He is currently in charge of contacting the cake tasting person because we are going to be up near our venue (2.5 hours away) and figured it would be a good way to check that off our list.  With cake flavors, he doesn't under stand why having apple spice cake and carrot cake wouldn't really be giving enough options.  His argument... "BUT EVERYBODY LOVES CARROT CAKE!".  No, sweetie, they don't.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    FI knows I go on message boards, but he hasn't quite figured out what TK is, other than knowing that he likes the Checklist feature haha. I'm sure he'll wisen up eventually, but until then, all I hear is, "You're always on your iPad..." Haha

ETA: totally forgot that I was going to say that FI recently started complaining that he knows nothing about our wedding, other than the date and time, and guest list. He threw a bit of a fit about wanting to be more involved, and then when I asked his opinion on tablecloths, the feedback I got was, "whichever is cheaper and the least ugly." That was the end of that haha

• Options
    FI knew I went on the knot to look up venues, dresses, etc. But then I started telling him about some of the ridiculous things the snowflakes post on here. I also started relaying some advice I've received or just read here, so now he gets it. So sometimes he's also curious about what's going on when I'm "knotting away" lol
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    I explained the SS brigade to FI one day on the way home, and he just shook his head and was like, "I don't know how you keep track of all of this stuff." I find that amusing because (generally), his life is more dramatic and convoluted than mine.

• Options
    FI is always amused when I read him the really crazy, against-etiquette ideas people come up with. He wasn't raised around a lot of good etiquette, but he's been in the professional world long enough to know now what is good and what is not.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
     With cake flavors, he doesn't under stand why having apple spice cake and carrot cake wouldn't really be giving enough options.  His argument... "BUT EVERYBODY LOVES CARROT CAKE!".  No, sweetie, they don't.
    Thank you!!  Nothing healthy should ever go into cake.  Cake does not have veggies.  If I'm having cake, it better be full of sugar and icing or I'm not interested.  

• Options
    Fi's head almost exploded when I tried to explain PPDs to him. "But... but they're married already."  "Yes."  "But they're married."  "Yes."  "But they're already married, so how can they have a wedding?"  "They can't."  "So why do they want to do that?"

I love him.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
     With cake flavors, he doesn't under stand why having apple spice cake and carrot cake wouldn't really be giving enough options.  His argument... "BUT EVERYBODY LOVES CARROT CAKE!".  No, sweetie, they don't.
    Thank you!!  Nothing healthy should ever go into cake.  Cake does not have veggies.  If I'm having cake, it better be full of sugar and icing or I'm not interested.  

The cake is the one thing FI was really adamant about. We have this joke at weddings where we fauxplain about how no one has a traditional white wedding cake. We're not serious about it but it is a running joke for us. So when we started talking cakes he was about us having a traditional white cake. Lol.
  • Options

FI is a bit of a health nut... the first birthday of mine that we were dating, he decided to make me a cake.  He also decided that frosting had too much sugar.. so he tried to make it without confectioner's sugar.  I cried.  He is now very aware that I take my frosting extremely seriously.

*Note- I don't normally cry about things such as frosting, it was built up because I don't think that EVERYTHING has to be healthy.  If you're going to have cake with frosting, have delicious cake with frosting!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with sugar overload in cake (and chocolate, damnit!), but I loooooove me some of my Oma's carrot cake with cream cheese icing. Yum!

• Options
    Don't hate me, but...

I don't like cake. Or sweets.

*runs and hides*
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    But... But... You're the cookie pusher!

• Options
    Don't hate me, but...

*runs and hides*
    I don't really have a sweet tooth either.  I enjoy baking, but after half a cookie or a little bite of cake, I'm done.  My weakness is the crunchy/salty snacks: hummus, pretzels, chips and guacamole.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I will admit to you ladies only (and all of the lurkers) that I still eat the cake first and the icing last like a 6 year old so that I can get huge forkfuls of icing.  Corner pieces are my favourite.  So yummy.  

• Options
    But... But... You're the cookie pusher!
    She pushes them... towards other people!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Don't hate me, but...

*runs and hides*
    I never understood being annoyed with someone for not liking something that you do...

@Cookie Pusher @JCBride2014 Not liking cakes and sweets makes you people I'd want to hang out with.  More sweets for me!  I love all cake and cake derivatives (cupcakes, cake rolls, I could go on).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SPOILER ALERT IN TITLE PLEASE.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am also not a cakes and sweets person. I rarely rarely want sweets, but when I do, BY GOD, I want it to be sweet and delicious and unhealthy and I also eat the cake first and icing last.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SPOILER ALERT IN TITLE PLEASE.
    Oh sorry!  Watson is married in all the books so I didn't think it was really a spoiler.  :-/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Icing always last.  And a corner piece, please!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I know it seems odd that the Cookie Pusher does not like sweets, but it's a very sad situation. I lost my ability to properly taste sweet in my early teens (the signals from my taste buds to my brain get all crossed up so I can taste sweet for a bite or two before the receptors get overloaded and then everything tastes bitter like burnt coffee - prolonged exposure actually causes me physical pain). I have always been a prolific baker from participating in school bake sales so I just kept on baking and getting better. I bake by smell, and I know what the texture of each dough/batter should be to give me the results that I want. FI taste-tests everything before I gift or sell so I don't send things that taste awful. The downside to this is that FI is nearly 40 lbs heavier now than when we first started dating. Oops!

And @JCBride2014 is correct - I push the cookies to other people! lol I will, however, devour a bag of French Onion Sun Chips in 2 minutes flat. Mmm... salty goodness...
    ~*~*~*~*~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards