November 2014 Weddings

Any Nov. 2014 Rustic Brides?

Hi! We're getting married November 22, 2014! It'll be in the midwest, halfway between Chicago and the Iowa border in a barn! Any other rustic/country/diy brides? I'd love to hear your ideas and what you have planned so far.

Re: Any Nov. 2014 Rustic Brides?

• Hi! We're getting married November 22, 2014! It'll be in the midwest, halfway between Chicago and the Iowa border in a barn! Any other rustic/country/diy brides? I'd love to hear your ideas and what you have planned so far.
    @daynamarie6

I am not doing anything rustic but a lot of ideas can be found on the DIY board :)  Good luck and congrats!
  • I'm getting married November 8, 2014 and I am having a rustic country wedding. However our barns are full of cattle, hay, manure and crops. So I do not have a spare to use also it will probably be cool during that time here in Maryland too! 

I collect mason jars and have since before it's been a fad and I am setting out a few of my antique jars with some fresh flowers.

We are doing slabs of wood for the centerpieces with two mason jars one of which will have fresh flowers and the other will have a floating candle. We are then wood burning table numbers in a small piece of cut wood and we will be alternating pumpkins and gourds on all the tables also. 

For the flowers we are doing sunflowers which are my favorite flower, white roses for my deceased grandmother and daisies for my deceased cousin. Which also happen to be favorites of mine.

The girls are wearing their boots,and the guys are wearing white button down wrangler shirts and blue jeans.

Hope you coming along in all of your planning! Would love to also hear some of your ideas!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!
  • I'm getting married November 8, 2014 and I am having a rustic country wedding. However our barns are full of cattle, hay, manure and crops. So I do not have a spare to use also it will probably be cool during that time here in Maryland too! 

Hello, date twin!

I guess I'm technically DIY rustic, but mostly budget. My reception will be in a brewery and the ceremony at a church, so it's not a barn wedding. But, I do LOVE burlap and lace, so we'll see what happens. We'll probably put baby's breath in empty wine and beer bottles on our tables (long wooden tables with bench seating, reminds me of picnic tables), maybe a few mason jars too, and a burlap runner.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, 'Search for Paradise.' " - Kiba, Wolf's Rain

Hello, date twin!

I guess I'm technically DIY rustic, but mostly budget. My reception will be in a brewery and the ceremony at a church, so it's not a barn wedding. But, I do LOVE burlap and lace, so we'll see what happens. We'll probably put baby's breath in empty wine and beer bottles on our tables (long wooden tables with bench seating, reminds me of picnic tables), maybe a few mason jars too, and a burlap runner.

That sounds BEAUTIFUL! In a brewery!? I bet the venue is SO nice! I like having a date twin! :) Are you going on a honeymoon?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!

• That sounds BEAUTIFUL! In a brewery!? I bet the venue is SO nice! I like having a date twin! :) Are you going on a honeymoon?

Probably. Money/time may run out so it may be delayed. What about you?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, 'Search for Paradise.' " - Kiba, Wolf's Rain

• I"m 11/15/14 in Florida.  Ceremony will be in my family's pasture near a pond.  The reception will be back up towards the house in the "barn"  It's not really a barn but that's what we call it (our actual barn has too much farm equipment and animals in it!).  It's more of a wooden shed with a big pole barn attached to it.  

We are sitting on hay bales at the ceremony, with an "old rugged cross" as a backdrop.  We've played around with stacking hay bales at the beginning of the aisle separated by a rod and a curtain to hide me before I go down...but haven't quite figured that part out yet.  

At the reception, we are kind of going country/rustic/shabby-chic/DIY-ish.  Basically whatever we put together that goes together with the right colors will work.  Each centerpiece will probably be a bit different, but each will incorporate some flowers (at least one sunflower) and a candle or two...mixed with whatever "pretties" we find to coordinate.  I have a great coordinator/decorator who is amazing at finding random things and putting them together to make them look like they came right out of a decorating magazine.  White lights in the trees.

I'm also toying with the idea of stacking a few hay bales (maybe like 3 so it's asymmetrical), draping my grandmother's white handmade crochet tablecloth over it, and putting pictures of friends/family that have passed away (mainly my grandmother, my dad, and my great aunt who have all passed in the last few years) along with a quote of some sort.

Girls are wearing cute shorter dresses with boots, guys will be in dark jeans, boots, and vests (FI will be in a jacket too if he can stand it).  Florida is likely to still be very hot here even in the middle of November.  I'll have my dress and flats for the ceremony, but I plan to change into a cute hi/lo dress with boots for the reception after the cake cutting and all.
  • Hi, My wedding is also on November 8, 2014. With a rustic vintage theme. We are getting married at a fruit farm. I too wanted a barn, but being from Northeast Ohio we couldn't find any that wasn't 1-2 hours away. The inside is all wood, a wagon wheel chandelier which has cream drapes on the ceilings and a huge fireplace. The fruit farm has a room of weddings past. It is basically a room filled with all kinds of rustic decorations. I just have to go pick out what I want to use.  Myself, bridesmaids and flower girls are all wearing cowboy boots. We are super excited and I am happy we all share the same date! Happy Planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards