African American Weddings
Options

What would you do? (Long)

So I reconnected with a former best friend that I have known since 1991. Actually she was more like a sister. Our families kept in touch even when we were not speaking. Her mother who was like a mother to me recently passed away, and now we are back on speaking terms after 3 plus years. There were times during that I reached out to her and she reached out to me, but I guess we were in different places in our lives. There was never actually any I'll feelings or animosity between us.

We always talked about being each other's MOH. When she got married she went to the JOP her mother was her witness. I will admit I was a little disappointed not to be included but I understood. Thing is my fiancé is my bestie, my baby sis is my MOH, I'm having a destination wedding and my invites have gone out.

I am not sure what to do. I want to invite and include her in some way, but I am not sure how...

Re: What would you do? (Long)

• Options
    cjeanmaq IMO your plans have been set and so has your wp.. I honestly wouldnt change a thing, the only difference is i would extend an invite (if you can afford to) and let her know shes more than welcome to come and celebrate with you other than that i wouldnt change anything for her.  Especially since you all havent been the best of friends for sometime i wouldnt go out of my way changing my already set in stone plans... sorry

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Options
    I wholeheartedly agree with what @misstira said.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you for your advise. I appreciate it. Definitely nothing to be sorry about. Just didn't know how to handle it. I can afford to invite her but since it is a destination wedding I don't her to feel obligated to be burdened with the expense, and I don't want to not invite her though. 

Thanks, again!
  • Options
    I agree with misstira. Invite her, maybe make her a bm
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    What everyone else said... That's nice that you all reconnected :)
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    misstira said:
    cjeanmaq IMO your plans have been set and so has your wp.. I honestly wouldnt change a thing, the only difference is i would extend an invite (if you can afford to) and let her know shes more than welcome to come and celebrate with you other than that i wouldnt change anything for her.  Especially since you all havent been the best of friends for sometime i wouldnt go out of my way changing my already set in stone plans... sorry

this 100%

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Options
    @thedivav thank you. I'm glad too.
  • Options
    What everyone else said. Invite her but don't worry about involving her. Nice that you reconnected!
  • Options
    Another vote for inviting her but I wouldn't feel obligated on involving her at this point.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards