May 2014 Weddings

Monday Progress Updates

With all of our weddings coming up soon I figured we would all be pretty busy with wedding stuff on the weekends and it might be fun to have a new post every Monday to share what we got done over the week. I didn't get a whole lot done this week, but I did create a sample for my invitations and bought a couple more things for my bridal party gifts. What did you girls get done?

Re: Monday Progress Updates

• Great idea! And it'll motivate me to get stuff done on the weekends instead of putting it off :)

I got my invitations in on Friday! We're not mailing them out until late March, but I'm glad I have them early so I'll have plenty of time to address them all.
  • Booked caterer and are ordering invites today

• -hashed everything out & our caterer is drawing up the final quote for us to sign.

-filled in the invitation template with all our info.

-bought gel pens to start addressing our envelopes. I tried to buy ink to print them, but of course the store was all out. :-p

-bought some copper mercury glass votive holders for the cps.

• Great idea! I put stamps on our response card envelopes! lol I've been doing things little by little
  • Had a super productive weekend!  My wedding is in another state and I don't get to get back for meetings very often.  So I went crazy with wedding meetings this weekend since I FINALLY made it back there.

-Went to the seamstress.  Alterations on my two dresses now in progress and veil being made!

-Florist finally booked...after meeting with 7 different florists!  ( I think this has been the biggest pain of the whole wedding so far)

-Catering contract signed

-Baker booked for wedding and grooms cakes (my last one backed out on me and I just about had a panic attack)

-Makeup trial done

-Hair trial done (didn't like it though, going to have to keep looking)

-Flower girl dresses ordered

-Mother of the bride dress picked out....she needs to hurry up and order it!

-Invitations dropped off with caligrapher

-Started looking at rentals (jaw drops...going to keep looking around)

Wow....no wonder I'm still sitting here in my pajamas!  Definitely an exhausting weekend but now I can breath a little easier!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We didn't do too much this past weekend, but the weekend before, we bought our rings! I'm ridiculously excited :)

This weekend, I contacted my dress shop to coordinate my first fitting for when my sister is home for Reading Week, and I confirmed that we're good to print our invites after receiving the final proof. I also ordered a bathing suit for our honeymoon :)

And then today, the mail brought the pocket watches FI ordered for himself and his brother (BM)!

• Let's see, the tuxes are all picked out. And so far the local men have gone and gotten fitted. I just need my dad and step dad to get fitted for theirs. Tomorrow FI and I are going to a cupcake place to check them out. Then Wed FMIL and I are going to Sam's club to check out their bakery and after that we are going for my first fitting for my dress. Our invites are in transit and should be here on Thursday!!
    Anniversary
  • We met with our pastry chef to pick out our wedding cake design.
    Went to the jeweler to look at wedding bands.
    Started my first DIY wedding project - table numbers!
  • Why do my pics always post sideways?! :/
  • I mailed out all of our invitations today. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills... it seems I am the only person involved in this wedding who thinks we are mailing out invitations a little too early. My FMIL is especially adamant that we needed the RSVP's back by March 1st. The wedding is May 3rd! When I suggested the last week in March for the RSVP date, everyone looked at me liked I had grown a 2nd head! They're done now though, so I'm just trying to let it go. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah so, my officiant backed.So upset. Not at her...circumstances out of her control. But upset because we had everything finally planned and we were going yo buy our invites today. We literally were siting on the couch doing the wording on the invites when I got her message.had to just save our invites and will have to order them later
  • *elle. said:
    Why do my pics always post sideways?! :/
    I'm not sure why they do that, but when I click on it to make it bigger it shows up the right way.
  • @dluberts, why can't you still order the invites?  You will find someone to marry you, that won't change, just the person.  Was her name on the invite or something?  I know in my state, IL, they are able to send out a JOP to your wedding if you need it.  I understand that is probably not something you would want to do, but it is a fall back option.  Is there someone else in your family you would like to do it?  I'm having my older brother officiate our wedding and he isn't ordained or anything, he will have to do that online.  You'll find someone to officiate the wedding, so I would go ahead and order those invites cause you don't want to wait until the last minute for something like that.
    Anniversary
  • I have:
    1.  made my invitations, stamped the envelopes, and printed the addresses on the envelopes. PS it was super easy and its cursive writing and looks nice!!
    2. Blocked hotel blocks
    3. Reserves a Chuppah...because I'm jewish
    4. Finally met with our rabbi officiant
    5. Looked at honeymoons and am driving myself crazy trying to decide
    6. found hair and makeup ... do i need to do a makeup trial?? what are you paying for your makeup?

I need to figure out our honey moon for sure. I will send out invites soon, once i get the link for the hotel block. I need to order lights we are using for decorations. I also need to get our ceremony music figured out. May have a live performer.... I don't know. It's starting to get stressful again :(

• @omargotz I would recommend having a makeup trial done.  I had a friend who didn't and her wedding makeup unfortunately did not turn out how she wanted it on her day and it's now in all her wedding photos!  Just to be safe I would have one.  I just had mine last week and it was $45.  When you book your trial I would tell them your just coming in for a makeup application and then if you want to book them you can tell them its for your wedding.  The lady told me that the 'bridal' makeup trial is $65 but it's the same exact thing you get for $45.  Don't get ripped off! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • omargotz said:
    I have:
    1.  made my invitations, stamped the envelopes, and printed the addresses on the envelopes. PS it was super easy and its cursive writing and looks nice!!
    2. Blocked hotel blocks
    3. Reserves a Chuppah...because I'm jewish
    4. Finally met with our rabbi officiant
    5. Looked at honeymoons and am driving myself crazy trying to decide
    6. found hair and makeup ... do i need to do a makeup trial?? what are you paying for your makeup?

I need to figure out our honey moon for sure. I will send out invites soon, once i get the link for the hotel block. I need to order lights we are using for decorations. I also need to get our ceremony music figured out. May have a live performer.... I don't know. It's starting to get stressful again :(

If you haven't had your make up done professionally before by the place you pick I would definitely recommend getting a trial. It's much easier to change things if you don't like them at a trial than it will be on your wedding day. 

I'm paying $45 for my make up and the same price for my trial. 
  • The lady i found said a trial is $35 and then my makeup at my wedding will be $75. is that reasonable?My hair will be $50
  • My officiant did hers online, in illinois, but the state will not recognize her licsense because she did not go to a school of theology. @KRISTEN625 I would dbl check with your brother snd the stste to see if he can do it. I couldnt order invites since now I dont know what time things are going to be, and that info goes on the invite

• @dluberts I actually just called the county clerks office today (I live in IL in Kane county) and double checked with them on everything.  I told the guy that my brother is a CA resident, and will be getting certified online, and he said all that is fine.  He gave me the same info that was on their website which was all really relaxed.  I felt better for calling though and just double checking.  So I would check your county clerk's website if they have one.  Ours also had the price for the marriage license, and what we need to do to obtain one.  I also learned that first cousins can't get married unless they are both over the age of 50 or something like that.  Anyways, that makes more sense about your invites.  I didn't realize it would also change the time of day for you.  I hope you find someone soon!!
    Anniversary
  • I have a few peope in mind, just gotta finalize with fi then book the officiant

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards