African American Weddings

I have a confession to make....

Hey Ladies, I know it has been a while since I have been on but I missed you guys so I wanted to say hi and to confess something...

OK SO I REALLLLLLLYYY MISS PLANNING MY WEDDING!  I really miss it. I really enjoyed the process and connecting with good people like you all.  I miss looking for colors, table linens, invitations, gifts for hubby, wedding bands, bridesmaid dresses.  I MISS IT ALL!  But I am thank for the experience.  It was truly enjoyable.  Anybody else out there feel the same?  Or am I alone in this....hopefully I am not or I will feel really silly! But it is all good either way....

P.S. HELLO TO ALL THE NEW BRIDES TO BE!  I am in the process of getting caught up so I can't wait to read about all of your special days.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I have a confession to make....

• Hi @RanyattaCasey!

I've heard others say the same thing you are saying so you are not alone.  I've been married two months now, so I haven't experienced missing the planning.  I hope I don't.  LOL :-)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey Ladies, I know it has been a while since I have been on but I missed you guys so I wanted to say hi and to confess something...

OK SO I REALLLLLLLYYY MISS PLANNING MY WEDDING!  I really miss it. I really enjoyed the process and connecting with good people like you all.  I miss looking for colors, table linens, invitations, gifts for hubby, wedding bands, bridesmaid dresses.  I MISS IT ALL!  But I am thank for the experience.  It was truly enjoyable.  Anybody else out there feel the same?  Or am I alone in this....hopefully I am not or I will feel really silly! But it is all good either way....

P.S. HELLO TO ALL THE NEW BRIDES TO BE!  I am in the process of getting caught up so I can't wait to read about all of your special days.
    I dont quite miss the planning part.. but there is a void..lol I kind of miss getting the attention of being a bride and having the big day to look forward too..lol

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • LeciaB is missing it thats why shes in full blown gender reveal planning LOL LOL LOL.... luv ya chica

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Heeey girl! I tell my husband all the time we should get divorced so we can do it ALL OVER AGAIN! I had a blast planning, dress shopping, DIY'ing! Or we should be like that one lady who her and her husband renew their vows every year. lol. For real though- that would get spendy as hayle, but I just wanna craft something up and put on a pretty dress.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I do miss it too. I swear I have planned 3 other big events since I got married so that fills the void. 
    imageAnniversary
  • Hello ladies, Im new to this forum and my wedding is next summer. I already have an headache with the wedding planning LOL. Congrats to all the new brides :)
  • I miss it too!  I almost got caught up and volunteered to plan our family reunion this year just so I could have an event to plan.  Then I remembered that I have two graduation parties to host a month apart and shut that right on down.  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm not there yet, but I predict I'll miss the planning process. I love to shop, so the experience of designing my tuxedo, tasting wedding cakes, and visiting different venues was fun. If anything, wedding planning has been a positive distraction in my day-to-day life. I 

Sunday, May 18, 2014 - Baltimore, Maryland

"Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever" - Audre Lorde

• My wedding is months away but I can't imagine I'll miss it. Too much stress
  • I'm in the middle of planning my wedding, and I'm enjoying it so far.  Other than a few minor problems, there really hasn't been too much drama.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I kinda miss it too but one of my friends is getting married in May and doesn't have a clue so I help her. Also, my stylist wants to plan a reception at home after her and her hubby eloped in Vegas a few months back so she wants me to help her so I get in where I fit in... LOL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • I hate it!!
  • Professionally I am a project manager. As a bride, I find that I am best at delegating and letting go. The emotional factor is too overwhelming. I just had to be able to generate my vision and and a fundamental task list. I let the maid of honor manage and control. Ooooh, and I am good at financial reconciliation. FI is thrilled that I am bringing us in under budget. I think we have $350 left to pay for the whole thing not including our honeymoon. I am freaking out a little bit, hence delegation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards