Pennsylvania
Options

Sweet Exposures Photography Issues????

Hello,

I got married in June 2012 and hired Sweet Exposures as my photographers for the day. THANKFULLY we actually received our disk with all of our pictures however as part of our contract (the most expensive package) we were supposed to receive a wedding album, 20 various sized prints, and a DVD montage thing. We have yet to receive any of those items. I was wondering if anyone else was dealing with the same problem? We have attempted MULTIPLE and MANY times to contact them through email and calling... they have not replied to our emails or have returned our phone calls and as you can see it's been more than a year. I tried to go through Facebook and their website as well, now it appear the Facebook no longer exists, unless I've been blocked? Not sure, can no longer find it. I am happy that we at least received our pictures but we paid a lot of money for our package and shouldn't have to pay out of pocket now for an album and all of the prints we were expecting. We are about to contact attorney soon since we have a contact stating we would receive these items but I don't want to do that if I don't have to. I was wondering if anyone else is dealing with or dealt with the same issue from this company and what you are doing or did to resolve it? They were such nice people to deal with and I read so many good reviews about them on this very board before deciding to book them, not sure what happened here.
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Sweet Exposures Photography Issues????

• Options
    We used them also. Im surprised they haven't been responding to you though. We just got married July 27th and got our teasers within a week and half. We LOVE Mike and Marco and can not wait to get our pro pics back. We used them for our epics at Knoebels and they did a kick ass job.
    Its not my place to say why they arent responding however I'll just let you know that they have had some recent life changes and are putting photography on hold.
    I emailed about their FB page and that's the basic response I got.. also.that nothing changes regarding your package or photos.
    I know isn't the answer you were probably hoping for but its better than nothing. Trust me, they're well worth the wait!!!
    :-)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    A side note, If you need prints I would use Shutterfly or something... I know your package has them included but SF usually has free promos and awesome deals for prints or a photo book if you cant wait for Mike. HTH
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    You're not alone, I'm in the same predicament! Here's part of what I've been posting on review sites, it sums up the gist of the situation:
    "I hired Mike Sora to photograph our wedding on July 14th, 2012, ordering "The Sweetest Deal" package for $2400. Mike and his assistant showed up on the wedding date and took photographs, as promised. By October 2012 my wife and I received digital copies of the photographs, both on a DVD and an online website. By February 2013 we mailed in the form to select which enlargements we wanted, the pictures for the album and for the DVD montage. As of August 26th, 2013, I have not received any of these products.

My last communication with Mike Sora, one of the two business owners, was on April 3rd, 2013 via e-mail. I have not heard from either Mike or Kerri since that time, despite e-mails from myself, my wife, and my mother-in-law, starting in July 2013. I have also called their phone number about a dozen times over the past month and left messages asking them to get back in touch with me to give me an update on the order. It is impossible to get in contact with them, and at this point I have to assume they are deliberately ignoring any communications."

I understand that life can happen, and up until the past couple of weeks I've been very understanding in my messages to them, just asking for an update and explanation on what is going on, nothing more. If you contract with people and take their money, you owe it to them to explain why there may be delays, life problems or not. If your business has to be put on hold, you need to contact your customers if you have unfilled orders, you can't just ignore people. My sympathy can only go so far.

myfeverplays, I don't think you're out of line about contacting an attorney. They need to respond to their customers!
  • Options
    We were married August 2011. We also purchased the sweetest deal. We did receive our photo disk but nothing else. We have left 30+ messages and never heard back from mike or Keri. I want my albums ( I purchased one for us and several parent albums) along with prints. This is fraud. If you are looking for a photographer please find another. This year will be our 3 year anniversary and unfortunately "sweet exposures" is brought up every year. Our only wedding regret.
  • Options

The same thing happened to me!  We got married April 2013, and had a terrible time communicating with them about the time frame of our pics.  It was six months later and we still had not heard.  It is February 4, and we are still trying to get what we paid for in advance.  We will be seeking legal counsel as we have left him voicemails and emails and he has yet to respond.  I understand life issues but if that's the case return the money that was given to you in good faith.  I believe "The Knot" should remove "Sweet Exposures" from their list of favorites.  I am truly disappointed, but not defeated.  My suggestion to anyone looking for a photographer please find someone else, "Sweet Expressions" is a scam!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards