Getting in Shape

Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred

Has anybody done the 30 day Shred? I just started doing the level 1 which is free YouTube.com. I use the Xbox to put it on the t.v. so that it is easier to watch. I am wondering if anyone has done the level two or three as I am not sure if I am going to purchase it or if I am going to stick to the level one. I also plan on checking out some of her other videos. I am also cutting down on the soda. I have gone from drinking probably more than 5 cans a day to one or two most. I have a year and three months until my wedding and I am hoping to make a permanent change in my endurance and health.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred

• I don't have the 30 day shred, but friends of mine have said great things about it.  I'm a big fan of Jillian's videos.  I have her Six week Six pack and Yoga Meltdown videos and I love them.  I also go to the gym to use equipment, but on my cross training days the videos are amazing!  
  • The 30-Day Shred is worth it.  Each level is 20 minutes and all are hard in their own ways.  I've been using it for a while and I think it's great!!!  If you are also looking at her other videos, maybe try Yoga Meltdown...it's a nice aerobic spin on Yoga so it will stretch you out while getting your heart rate up.
  • I will have to look into the Yoga Meltdown, Thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I actually like the 30 Day Shred, especially in the winter time when it's a bit too cold for my liking to run! It's what you make of it - and the DVD is only like 10 dollars at Wal-Mart, so it's worth it if you stick with it!
  • I got pretty good results when I did it. Ripped in 30 is better IMO though- a little better warm up/cooldown and you switch workouts each week instead of 10 days so you don't get as bored. 

I think they are on youtube now. 
  • I think I am going to finish my ten of level one and check something else out. I know they dvd's are pretty cheap but I do not know if I feel like spending the ten bucks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Worth the $10! I agree with FiancB, I prefer ripped in 30. Jillian is definitely a step up from traditional workout videos. You can actually get quite a decent work out if you push yourself. I wasn't the biggest fan of yoga meltdown as I felt like I was wasting my time a bit.
  • I love the 30 Day Shred, but I do agree with others that Ripped in 30 is a bit better. I like that Ripped varies the moves up a little more. They're both $10 or less and well worth it in my opinion!
  • Have to agree with PP's that Ripped in 30 is a good one. I used it after the holidays to get back into a routine instead of going to my usual gym since I knew it would be packed with New Years resolutioners. I completed the 4 weeks and now I'm doing her Shred It with Weights DVD which I love. It's a kettle bell based workout, but you can use a dumbbell, which I do since I don't own kettle bells. I really think her DVDs are worth the $10-$12 since you'll always have them, it's only 20-30 mins a day, and you get a great workout....cheaper than any gym!
  • I have a bunch of Jillian's DVDs and love them all. She cracks me up and yet is so motivating. My favorite, which I'd highly recommend depending on when your wedding is, is Body Revolution - it's 90 days long, and around $75 to buy online (from Amazon)... but seriously worth it. It includes 15 DVDs, a diet plan, and an exercise cable (you have to supply your own free weights).. and it really works. I'm halfway through it (have done it twice in the past as well) and am shocked at my progress, in terms of weight loss & muscle definition, and stamina. I love it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards