Massachusetts-Boston

Smith Barn/Brooksby Farm

2»

Re: Smith Barn/Brooksby Farm

• Hi ladies, I'm getting married at Smith Barn this September and using Cloverleaf Catering. My wedding is small with only about 75 guests. So if you have any other questions, I'd be happy to help! Also, for those having a small wedding and looking for a rustic barn on a budget, there is a place that opened rentals again after I had already booked Smith Barn. It's the barn at Codman Community Farms in Lincoln, MA. The woman I spoke with was very kind, her name was Barb. This was all the information she gave me so far: At our last board meeting, we just now approved barn rentals again. The proposed cost is $1,500 plus membership to the Farm ($40 single or $75 family). There will also be an approximate $500 fee for the services of a Codman-approved bartender/manager for the event (who also has to have availability for the date requested). Tables and chairs are included and maximum # of guests is 100. An outside caterer is needed to bring in food (the Barn does not have a catering kitchen and cannot have outside heating sources (no candles in chafing dishes). So that might be an option for some of you still looking. Also, my hairdresser had her wedding at Smith Barn too. She had about 180 guests and found there to be plenty of space. The only thing she didn't like was having to place some guests on the upper level but it all worked out in the end!
  • If you still want the rustic vibe, you could check out Salem Cross Inn (which claims they can accommodate up to 200, but I think it would be in separate rooms). They are affordable and have a beautiful place. Also, Spencer Country Inn is rustic and larger. I am not sure about their pricing but I believe that it isn't very expensive.Last suggestion: Publick house in Sturbridge. Again, rustic and accommodates up to 200. It is a very nice place that I have been to for a couple weddings.
  • Just booked Smith Barn for 8/29/15! I'd love to share ideas with anyone else planning a wedding here (or any barn venue for that matter). I already have a lot of decorating ideas! Very excited, but wow sending in that deposit was such a scary step!

@katsap that is exciting! Are you going to have your ceremony at the Woodland Gardens? It was hard for me to get a good idea of how it looks under snow cover. I have seen photos online of couples getting married at the gazebo behind the barn as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards