North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham
Options

XP: Alterations in Raleigh/Durham

Hi!  This is my first time posting on this board - I live in NC, but am getting married in Rhode Island. Can someone recommend a good tailor to do wedding gown alterations?  I think I found my dress, but nowhere in NC has is to try on one last time before I buy it (I found it in PA with my Mom). So my options are to find a store I haven't been to before to order it through them, order it through the store in PA, or buy over the internet (Pearl's Place) for a couple hundred dollars cheaper than in store. I also would want to meet with the tailor to get measured before I order (if I order online) since my hope is to alter the back of the dress from a corset back to a zip up with buttons. Does anyone have someone they can recommend to contact?

Thanks so much!

Re: XP: Alterations in Raleigh/Durham

• Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Olga. 

Her location has changed but I think the phone number is the same.  She's like a magic seamstress.  She books quickly so go ahead and call, even if you don't have the dress yet.

You can google "Olga alterations Cary" and find all sorts of glowing reviews. 
  • Options
    MrsKtotheEMrsKtotheE member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Olga and she did an amazing job!  I would definitely recommend her.  
  • Options
    Tania3179Tania3179 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Olga is booked until October! Is there someone else you guys can recommend? I've only been living in Raleigh for 3 months and wish I had known about Olga the day I moved here, but didn't blah! Help anyone? lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I say give Olga a call anyway..  I contacted her at the beginning of
    August, only thinking that I needed to get my dress hemmed for my Nov wedding.. However, I needed some additional alterations.  Went for my first fitting, 2 weeks after dropping my dress off, now waiting on her to contact me for my 2nd fitting.  FYI-You do have to be willing to work around her schedule so be flexible!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards