Getting in Shape

T25

Has anybody every done, or is currently doing T25? I'm on day 3 of the Alpha phase. I love this program, but it is sooooo hard! Its kicking my butt. I'm going to stick to it because I know its going to work for me because it has me sweating harder than I ever have. Plus the fact that its only 25 minutes a day is perfect for a working mommy. What are your experiences with this program. I'd love to hear some success stories 

Re: T25

• I have been doing this work out regiment since Thanksgiving and I love it. It's hard work, but it really is worth it so long as you keep it up and stick with it. I have lost 8 inches from my stomach and 6 inches from my hips and waist. I had to order a dress sized smaller than what I was anticipating and now that is even a little big on me. All in all, I am more than satisfied. The workouts work as long as you work for it.
  • hlpopper said:
    I have been doing this work out regiment since Thanksgiving and I love it. It's hard work, but it really is worth it so long as you keep it up and stick with it. I have lost 8 inches from my stomach and 6 inches from my hips and waist. I had to order a dress sized smaller than what I was anticipating and now that is even a little big on me. All in all, I am more than satisfied. The workouts work as long as you work for it.
    You have had great results! That motivates me to stick with it. It is really hard but im excited to watch my body change. I dont have a lot of weight to lose at all, maybe 5 lbs at most but I really want to lose inches and tone and I think this program will get me there
  • I would suggest don't look to lose pounds but inches just because you are going to gain muscle mass. My weight fluctuated a little, but I put on some muscle which we all know is heavier than fat. It really helps you tone up and after a while you actually start feeling better when you are finished. Warning, the weeks where you do Alpha total body circuit is brutal, just brutal, you'll want to cheat and not do one or two workouts, but if you do, Beta is going to kick your but even harder. You cannot cheat and you need to make sure you do the stretches or you're going to severely regret it.
  • @hlpopper I am so afraid of today because it's my first Friday so this will be my first time doing two workouts in one day. I think I might die. 
  • You do not have to do two workouts, it is just suggested. The first 2 weeks I did T25 I could only do 1. Just try 1, see how you feel and if you're not dead, try the 2nd one. If so, there is no shame is only doing one. If you want to just try 2, I'd suggest stay with the modifier for both.
  • @hlpopper I have to stay with the modifier anyway at this point because I am shamefully out of shape, but I try to push myself as much as I can. I was thinking about doing one today and one tomorrow instead of taking Saturday off. 
  • No, you want to take Saturday off, trust me. Your body will thank you. It needs a couple days to recover after the stress from the high impact work out you did. And there is no shame in going with the modifier. Do the best you can do and you will have results. When you feel you know an exercise really well, start to move away from modifier and try doing the normal workout. You will get better and stronger, you just can't quit. Listen to your body and stick with the calendar.
  • This is a great thread!  I've been looking into starting T25 in March, and I've heard wonderful things about it.  So many people have had great success!

What kind of exercises does it involve? How exactly does it kick people's butts so hard? haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • I just did it for my first time this morning! I already love it...there were definitely 2 times where I had to pause it, sit down, catch my breathe and say WTF. But not WTF it's so hard, more like WTF I'm so out of shape and should be able to do this hahaha. I'm like you @raeah219 I only have like 5 pounds to lose, more just toning up. I can't wait to stick with it. 

@marzipan13 I just started today so I don't know what the other dvd's are like but the first one was a lot of running in place but with high knees and jumping side to side and squats, the stuff that really makes the muscles burn. Especially since there's no breaks. 

• I'll be starting Gamma cycle next week.  I took a bit longer than 5 weeks to finish Alpha thanks to a hip injury and the holidays.  Make sure you focus on getting the form perfect, especially on squats and lunges, to protect your joints.  Also, make sure you're wearing a cross training shoe, NOT a running shoe.  You need the flatter sole and ability to spread your toes.  I didn't have weight to lose and actually gained a few pounds. That said, my dress came in back in November and was snug through the hips.  I had my first fitting in January and it definitely needs to be taken in now.  I didn't change my diet at all as I'm a good eater to begin with and wasn't out to lose weight.  Stick with it and don't be afraid to do a few extra weeks in Alpha to really master the workouts before moving on to Beta.  It'll be worth it to master the moves as Beta takes them to the next level.

• I'm on my last week in alpha! I haven't lost weight but I'm sure it's becuase of how I've been eating. I am also starting the 21 day fix next week!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was doing T25 before the holidays and loved it but fell off track. This has inspired me to get back on board. I'm going to start over with week 1 tomorrow!! :) 

@Tiffany101015, what is the 21 day fix? 
  • @jordanblackcrows, 21 day fix is by the same company as T25 (Beach body) It's all about portion control and helping you eat healthier. (That's why my T25 isn't working- I eat like CRAP!) It has colored containers that signify veggies, fruits, etc. Plus they give you some 30 minute workouts too. I can't wait for my package to come on Friday! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've heard this is a pretty cardio based workout.  Do you get some good muscle work in too??  Also, I train a couple of nights a week with cheerleading.  I don't want to be doing this and be too tired/sore for regular practices, especially since we're in the middle of competition season.  Any suggestions if this'll work out ok??

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards