Moms and Maids

MOHs makeup

So, I'm DIY my makeup, and I know my bridesmaids probably will too, especially my MOH. However, my MOH loves wearing dark lipstick, or bright red lipstick, and I think it looks absolutely terrible. I'm surprised that she thinks it looks good, because she's worked for a few makeup/skincare companies, so she's definitely had training in makeup application. How can I (politely) ask that she stick to a more natural palette?

Re: MOHs makeup

• So, I'm DIY my makeup, and I know my bridesmaids probably will too, especially my MOH. However, my MOH loves wearing dark lipstick, or bright red lipstick, and I think it looks absolutely terrible. I'm surprised that she thinks it looks good, because she's worked for a few makeup/skincare companies, so she's definitely had training in makeup application. How can I (politely) ask that she stick to a more natural palette?
    ...can I just ask how her choice of lip color affects you at all? For one, I'm sure it doesn't look as terrible as you're claiming; I expect it's just not a look that is to your personal taste. But it's her face, not yours.
  • The color of your MOH lipstick will have zero bearings on your wedding and your pictures.  Why this is even something you are concerning yourself over is beyond me.

• Leave this alone.  Her personal taste in cosmetics is her business, not yours.  You just toss this off your list of things to worry about.
  • You can't dictate how she does her makeup.  Also, she will probably be hurt and insulted if you try to tell her that her day-to-day makeup looks like shit (even if you word it "nicely").  Anyways, BM lip colour doesn't really matter.  Some pictures of BMs with different makeup:  
    imagered bridesmaids dresses
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards