Not Engaged Yet

Another Monday

So how was your weekend?Anything exciting happen? Was anyone else as excited as me for Walking Dead to be back on last night? Anything you are looking forward to this week? Any goal in particular to hope to hit this week?

My weekend was ok it was far too busy.  Friday we stayed in I ran to the veggie market got some fresh veggies for the week. We had tacos and nachos for dinner.  Saturday I had an exhausting 7 hour rehearsal, then we drove about 1 1/2hrs to visit FI's friend who he hasn't seen in awhile and who I haven't met before who is in the WP. It was nice to meet him, and his wife and their son was adorable!  I had rehearsal on Sunday for a few hours and then came home and relaxed and watched Walking Dead. I also made some banana bread from scratch, FI loves it too, he requested I make it over the weekend too. 

I'm just hoping to make it through yet another exhausting week of rehearsals, the show opens in two weeks. We're supposed to get another big snowstorm on Thursday that I'm not looking forward to at all.

Anniversary

Re: Another Monday

• @peaseblossom55 we will watch the walking dead tonight, but FI is stoked that it was on again.  I'm not a lifer, but I watch when FI is watching, if you know what I mean.  He always tries to watch during dinner and that's just weird for me :)

This weekend was pretty excellent.  We went to Orlando on Saturday and it was rainy and disgusting but we saw our buddies from Tampa and went bowling (random much?  FI & I won.  That's all that matters.)  Sunday, we organized our storage unit and picked out some glassware for centerpieces and went out to dinner for our one year engagement anniversary.  Yum.  We had rock shrimp for an appetizer (they are kinda like..miniature lobster-like?) and FI made fun of me cause I asked how to eat them.  I just like to be doing things correctly!  Plus, he didn't know either so he benefited from me asking obviously.

Our first payment is due to our vendor this week (gasp) lol so I guess I have to get on this wedding planning thing.  Our first RSVP came in on Saturday, though!! :)  We also had our first person call my mom and ask if their daughter can come lol - mom said yes, of course.  She's paying so I'm not complaining (there are only 4 potential add-ons for our whole list and a significant number of "and guests" extended to older family members who won't bring a guest, so it's kinda a moot point in the long run.)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Ugh, so not excited about this snow. *eyeroll* Good luck with rehearsals this week, @peaseblossom55!

This weekend was whatever. I was exhausted on Friday, so I snuggled up on the couch in my PJ's and watched a movie (Life As We Know It, I think) and just had a lazy evening. On Saturday I buckled down and did my taxes and finally got the returns mailed off, so that feels good to have out of the way. Then I worked that evening. Sooooo boring, but I'm glad I'll have a few extra hours for the paycheck nonetheless. On Sunday I did a ton of wrapping and crafting for my friend's bridal shower which is this coming Saturday. Omigod. I am the worst crafter, but I worked it out. :) Did a little studying for my exam tomorrow, and then watched...THE WALKING DEAD! All I can say is that Carl needs to calm himself down a bit. I mean, he's been through a lot in his short life, but seriously, why the excessive crankiness? I thought this episode dragged quite a bit, but dang it, I want to know what happens next!

• @TwoDimes hugs! Sometimes families don't know when to keep their mouths shut.  After all, we already know they're excited, but there's a difference between excited and nagging.

I think our next family event is our wedding - how weird is that? lol
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @TwoDimes, *hugs*. Sorry the weekend wasn't relaxing. I hope things with your BF's family improve soon! That's no fun.
  • edited February 2014
    This weekend wasn't good for me at all. Friday night BF had gaming. 

Saturday morning I woke up in the worst neck pain of my life - getting out of bed took a solid 20 minutes of crying, getting into a shower was a 10-out-of-10 on the pain scale, and I didn't get the pain settled down enough to take any meds until 2 hours after I got up. BF was on a side job all day. I saw him for all of 30 minutes that day. I'm just glad I got the pain mostly settled on my own. He went to gaming again that evening, but in fairness, that had been scheduled a couple days out.

Sunday I was supposed to get to go to my parents' house and block baby afghans. Friday before I left work that got ruined - another friend of BF's contacted me to reschedule their gaming session for Sunday. I didn't even know there was supposed to be gaming on Sunday. So BF gamed all 3 days this weekend and it was pretty darn irritating for me, especially since it messed with my nice day with my mom. I didn't want to reschedule it, though, because my BFF games in the Sunday group and messing with her world isn't fun. I can go to my mom's some other time. Just kind of a combination of pain and irritation led to a really lousy weekend for me.

On the plus side, I got to OD on Olympics coverage.
  • I watched the WD last night and thought it was pretty good. I freaking hate Carl and was pretty much cursing him through the entire episode. He's such a little shit. 

Does anyone watch True Detective? It's on HBO with Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson. Last night was the 4th episode and I can't wait to get home and watch it. The first 3 were a little slow but I feel like that's the case with a lot of new shows since they're building the backstory and the characters. The previews for this week's episode have had me on edge all week. 

My goal for the week is to start working out again. H gets up at 4:30 for work and I always wake up with his alarm and then barely fall back asleep before mine so I'm going to try getting my butt out of bed and getting a 30-40 minute workout in before I have to shower and get ready for work. I think this will be more sustainable than trying to work out at night when I get home because I'm so bad at that. 

Other than possibly doing dinner with H on Friday, my week will be pretty uneventful. 

• edited February 2014

I thought the episode of Walking Dead did drag a bit, I was hoping it would focus more on what happened to everyone after leaving the prison.  Carl was being an ass but I thought it was just typical teenager stuff.

I would just like to be back in bed and asleep again.

ETA we don't have HBO which saddens me because I miss Game of Thrones,  After the wedding I think we'll renew.  I heard @swazzle True Detective was a good show.

Anniversary

• @Blue We did have of our payment to the reception vendor last month and ouch.  Yay for starting to get responses back.  My goal is to begin to order my invitations this week.

Anniversary

• We got a few things accomplished this weekend.

Friday I was in a training class all day for work. It was called Dialogue Based Negotiations and I loved it!! I really feel like I took a lot away from the class and it's going to be easy to start applying some of the principles our instructor discussed. That evening FI and I met up with my parents and @southernpeach89 and her H and went out for delicious bbq. I locked in our RD menu with the bbq restaurant and he offered to help us rent tables and chairs as needed without any upcharge. We can still make changes to the menu as needed based on how many people we actually have coming but I wanted to go ahead and lock in our prices now. I think we're getting a really amazing deal.

Saturday FI and I got up and met with the woman who did @southernpeach89 's wedding invitations. It was intended to be an exploratory meeting but FI and I found a design we liked and I didn't see any point in waiting to go back and order so we ordered right then and there! Here's what we ordered!

We decided to do all script font instead of the two different fonts and we removed the swirly thing at the top because there would've been too much going on with the script. The color of the paper is kind of an ivory/ecru and we went with a charcoal colored ink instead of black. The font is also thermographed which I think adds a nice elegant touch. Otherwise the invitation is really simple...just the beveled edge and the little trefoil symbol that separates "Reception to follow" from the other details on the card. FI isn't really into a lot of extra detail and design and honestly neither am I. There was another sample that I loved more that had a beautiful rope sort of design pressed into the edge but FI didn't like the color of the paper. It was a really dark...almost yellowish ivory and it didn't come in any other colors so we didn't go with it.

After we ordered our invitations I met with one of my really good girlfriends and we went shopping for a reception dress for her. She isn't in love with her wedding dress so she wants to wear it only for the ceremony and then change into something more comfortable that she can dance in for the reception. We ended up finding a GORGEOUS high-low style white gown from the BCBG outlet. It has a beautiful lace detail under the bust that goes around to her back and it fit her beautifully. She and I were so excited! And she got it on sale for $60! So in all she ended up spending about $140 total between her ceremony gown and reception gown. She and her FI are paying for their wedding by themselves so I think she did an amazing job! Then she and I did some more shopping for engagement outfits. She found a coral top and I found an outfit from the Gap for my engagement session in March. And then we had tasty tasty pizza and all the wine to celebrate.

On Sunday FI and I went to T-Mobile and switched our plans. He and I have both been with Verizon for years and years and we're spending over $200 on our separate plans...even with work covering a portion of the bill. We got a shared plan with T-Mobile and once we've paid for our new phones our plan will be something like $120 a month for unlimited talk and text and 2.5 gigs of data. Plus my company offers a 15% discount for employees who have T-Mobile so it was totally worth the switch. Then we got some other errands done and had dinner and Downton Abbey night at my parents.

• @LivLeighton - I've seen some elliptical cardio interval work-outs that look really fun, if you want to shake things up a bit!  I don't have access to an elliptical so I haven't personally tried them.
  • @LivLeighton - LINK - 8 elliptical work-outs
  • I worked Friday & Saturday. We lost in overtime on Friday, but won our big winter homecoming game on Saturday, so that was fun. 

Yesterday I slept in, then BF & I went to brunch. It was a restaurant we've been to before, but just for dinner, and it was delicious! I had a breakfast panini with eggs, bacon, and cheddar cheese and it was sooo yummy. They also had really good coffee - I love a place with delicious coffee.

We stopped at the pet store for cat food, then swung into the car dealership down the street because I'm thinking about trading my car in. I could really use a lower payment - and I think what I'm paying for my car now is ridiculous for what I have. I do really love my Subaru, but... I just feel like I don't NEED it. 

Then we went to Target, and I picked up a new shower curtain & bath mat. I like redoing things like my bathroom every now & then, just for a refresher. I got this curtain:
    And a light gray bath mat (because they didn't have the matching one at my store). The bath mat is pretty much the softest thing EVER, and I didn't want to get off of it this morning. So if anyone is in the market for new bathroom stuff, Threshold by Target. You won't regret it. 

Then we watched the Olympics for most of the day - he wanted to watch True Detective, @swazzle, but I made him DVR it because the men's downhill was on, and I had to watch Bode! We'll watch True Detective tonight (as long as there isn't anything good on the Olympics haha). 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @Brisox81 I got some of the bathroom stuff for our home in Target I believe most of it was from the Threshold line too. At least in the bathrooms FI & I use (we have 4).  It was nice stuff.  I love the shower curtain you got!

Anniversary

• Thanks @peaseblossom55

I don't know if it's the new curtain or what, but Brady decided to be a creeper this morning. I was washing my hair, and had my eyes closed while rinsing. I opened them, and the little bastard was sitting on the edge of the tub between the shower curtain & the liner. I know he's just a cat, but it was awkward. hahaha

*******************************************************************************************

• @livleighton - he usually sits outside & waits for me. He hasn't climbed between & watched me like that since we lived in the old place! Cats are so strange. I love them, but... fucking WEIRDOS. 

• I'm dying at your cats being peeping toms LOL

My weekend was absolutely nuts, but fabulous.

Friday, el Senor and I got stuck at the doctor's office all damn day long. Basically, since I couldn't afford to get the glucose test stuff last week, they wanted to do a NST. The office was packed in the morning, so we had to wait around until after lunch to have that done. All was well and Baby Noah is doing just fine. Afterwards, el Senor gave me the stink eye and said "We're going to go buy that damn monitor and you're gonna start pricking your fingers! We're not sitting around at the office all day for the next 3 appointments." Anyhow, got the monitor. It isn't pleasant, but it's not horrible and I'm getting the hang of it now.

Saturday, el Senor drove me and Bean to Baltimore to go see War Horse on stage. I have to say that I liked the movie's storyline and progression a lot better than the stage show, but the puppets were really really awesome. It was at the Hippodrome, a really neat historic theatre. Only thing was it was 1/2 a block from some really shady shit. I'm not lying or exagerating when I say that I witnessed no less than 3 drug and/or sex transactions in as many blocks. I looked at el Senor and said out loud "Dude. Where the fuck are you taking us??" After that we picked up the awesome beautiful dresser that the girls bought us for the nursery!!! I can't wait to finish it! Then we went to hang out with el Senor's mom and brother at his Aunt's house  (they were in town for the weekend).

Sunday! El Senor dropped me off with my dad and stepmom for breakfast before they dropped me at the hairdresser. Got my hair all prettified and then then dad and SM picked me up and we rode out to my baby shower together. I had so much fun. My BFF and baby's godmother came together to throw me such an awesome shower. The food was amazing, the games had me cracking up, the cake was chocolate on chocolate and almost sent me into a coma, and my family and best friends were there. We had a great great time. @peekaboo and @tuarceatha were able to make it and it made me giddy to have some of my NEY family there! This kid is going to be the warmest and most well dressed kid of all time. And he's going to be the proud owner of the most handmade blankets I've ever seen for one baby!

Here's the TMI part of my weekend. Last but not least, el Senor and I FINALLY got to engage in sexytimes for the very first time since we conceived. It was awkward, and we're gonna have to figure out a few things for the next few weeks, but it was still awesome. And we fell asleep all snuggled up, limbs tangled, and that was the best part of all.

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• I'm in a super grumpy mood today but I'm not sure why since I actually had a pretty awesome weekend. Thursday I took BF out to dinner for his birthday and we did cake and presents with his family. He loved the presents I got him :) Friday we didn't do much. He had to work and I graded papers (that made me slightly furious!). Saturday we got together with a bunch of his friends to celebrate his birthday. This is the first time we had ever hung out with one of his friend's wife and I love her, she is so sweet and really good for him! Sunday I studied a bit for my comprehensive exams that are coming up in a month and I'm slightly freaking out about them!

This week I don't have any big plans. I'm going out with my co-workers to celebrate one of their birthdays on Wednesday but other than that I'm probably going to be really focused on studying. Also, if I'm not around for the next month so much just know it's because I'm freaking out about my exams and have hidden away from the world to study!

• So now that I have the new car bug, I'm searching online, and the lack of manual transmissions KILLS me. 

I'm most likely going back to a Mazda3. I had a 2005 for three years, and loved it - and if I hadn't stupidly traded it in for a Mitsubishi Lancer, I'd probably still have it. 

I've looked at three Mazda dealerships in my area. One has 46 Mazda3s on the lot - and not ONE manual transmission. WTF?! 

• @Peaseblossom55 I also made banana bread this weekend! Too weird! Although I bet you didn't eat the entire thing yourself within a 24-hour period ...

@TwoDimes That sounds really stressful. I feel like there's this idea that you, The Lady, must already be tired of waiting for The Man to propose, which means that it's safe for people to complain to you about how they think The Man should have proposed to you already. And honestly, it's really not okay most of the time: even if you're ready and waiting on a proposal, engagements are between the two people getting engaged. It sounds like everyone's overly stressed and sad anyway though; I hope things are okay :(

@KeptInStitches Yikes!!! I hope your neck is feeling better. I've had fights with J when he leaves me alone for whole weekends when I'm feeling crappy, so I've got a lot of sympathy. Ugh.

@Swazzle I'm hoping to do morning workouts as well, since it's so much easier to just get it out of the way first thing in the morning than it is to convince myself to go when I'm on my way home and exhausted from work sucking. However, I am SO not a morning person. So my plan is to get back into the swing of things, working out 3X a week, and then once that's habit, I'll shift it to the mornigs. It'll be easier to switch to mornings when the snow melts, too; I shower at home so I'd rather run, shower, then go to work than go to the gym, run, go home, shower, and go to work.

@lmhollister Wow, I'm impressed you're able to order your invitations so far out! Our venue is pretty strict and they won't let us order them till they've proofread them. In their defense, they're our wedding coordinator, so we need to lock in the start time before we can send invites, and they also always check direction inserts. Apparently, when brides or grooms write up their own directions for guests (or shuttle bus drivers), people get lost, so the venue has their own standard set of directions they use. We're hoping to order our invitations in June so we can use our discount from Minted.

@LivLeighton I feel the same way about the elliptical. And when I try to run on it hands-free, I fall over. For real. I have a history of falling off treadmills, too, but I feel a little more balanced on them.

@bethsmiles I feel like we should have had Skype dates to grade stuff. J finds it entertaining when I grade because I frequently pause whatever he's watching and start ranting about some of the answers I get. Grading college assignments is one of the easiest ways to get angry very quickly.

@BriSox81 My brother drives a Mazda3 (although I think he's looking for a new car right now) and he never shuts up about how much he loves it. I've driven one a few times, back when the Zipcar location near my apartment had one. It was very fun to drive!

My Monday has been okay. This week is "Phira tries to be an actual responsible adult week!" and it's off to a rocky but promising start. I've been having THE WORST time sleeping for the past month and a half; I've been unable to fall asleep until 4, 5, or 6 in the morning, and then I sleep as late as possible, sometimes until 2pm. My work has suffered immensely because of it, and my home and my health are a mess too. So last night I took Benadryl and went to bed at 1 with J even though I wasn't tired. I managed to fall asleep quickly and wake up at 8am! I was still tired, though, and dozed for a couple hours. Whoops.

I managed to get to the post office before work and mail a shitload of stuff. I had to mail in my state tax return because TurboTax said so (no reason given--assholes). I also had to mail back a Modcloth dress that had been sent to me by mistake back in December. The funny thing is that they can't charge me for the dress because they have no record of it being sent to me, so I just am mailing back a random unopened dress. No charges. Woo.

Finally, my sister is getting a TV and asked for our old N64 and some games. She's between jobs for a couple weeks with nothing to do. So I sent those off today!

Finally, I finished my bouquet this weekend. It didn't take very long: I made 44 flowers and it took about 4 hours over the course of three evenings. The flowers are made using my favorite flute concerto, green cloth stem wire, lots of glue (hot glue gun), and floral tape. I had trouble making the arrangement; I love that the flowers are all different sizes, but it made it hard to get a nice regular domed shape that I wanted. When I have a chance to go back to Jo-Ann Fabrics, I'm going to buy satin ribbon to wrap around the stems. I almost ordered some online (when I was ordering 500 more stems), but I want to actually see what I'm buying in this case.

If I get the new stems tonight (which I hope I do), I'm going to get to work on more flowers. Three more bouquets to go (made from Song of the Lionness, Mockingjay, and Les Miserables), and then I can start my centerpieces (we're starting with J's novel). I love arts and crafts.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @phira

I made it late yesterday afternoon FI & I each had a piece before bed, so most of it is still there.  It was so good. I love banana bread.  The bouquet is really pretty!

Anniversary

• @Phira - Haha yes we should! This weekend BF asked me if I was going to "rage-quit" grading because I was ranting about my students so much. I know my students are going to pissy about their grades when I give back their papers this afternoon.

• @phira We really just went for an exploratory session because 1. I like checking things off my list and 2. I'm not very good at waiting until the prescribed time to do all of this stuff. Also, I figured our date isn't changing nor will the location (hopefully I don't decide to change the ceremony time from 5:30 to 5). Nor are we including direction card inserts. I did put some details about how to get to the venue on our wedding website along with a link to Google Maps. We ended up deciding to buy now because there's a sale going on where we get 25 free invitations if we order 75 sets. We actually only need 66 but now I have a whole bunch of extra to do...whatever I want with I guess. I figure after the wedding I use the extras for some craft projects, like shadow boxes for FMIL and my mom, or cut them up and turn them into ornaments, or something like that.

• @Peaseblossom55 Thank you! And yeah, I LOVE banana bread. J likes it but his OCD makes it hard for him to eat and enjoy it because he knows it's made from super-ripe bananas. His OCD means that to him, a ripe banana is still green (HOW CAN HE EAT THAT) and once there are spots on the peel, he can't eat it.

@bethsmiles ahahaha rage-quit.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Good news bad news part of the day:

Bad news: financial aid lost my tuition waiver and my payment I made in January. Good news: they pulled their collective heads out of their asses and I don't now owe ridiculous money.

Bad news: I royally fucked up my KAL scarf last night, fucked up the yarn trying to undo the fuckery, ended up in greater levels of fuckery when I tried to undo the knitting from the bottom of the piece to recover the yarn, and ended up destroying a skein of unbelievably pretty yarn. Good news: BF bought me a new skein so I can try again!
  • @phira - I think since the alarm is already going off at 4:30 for H and I rarely fall back to sleep (my alarm goes off between 5-5:30 depending on if I need to wash my hair) it shouldn't be TOO difficult for me to crawl out of bed. I have to be at work so friggin early which makes it hard, too. When I had a gym membership, I really wanted to get there before work but they didn't open until 5am and I have to be at work around 6:30 so it just wasn't enough time for me to work out, shower, and get to work on time. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards