Not Engaged Yet
Options

DietBet

So I mentioned this in the Accountability thread already but figured I'd elaborate. 

@Sakalicious and I joined DietBet today. There are two types of "competition": 4% in 4 weeks or 10% in 6 months. Sak and I both joined the 6 month one so I'll explain based on that. You choose to "bet" $25 monthly for the 6 months or if you pay up front, you get a month free and it's $125. Each month, there are smaller pots and smaller goals. For example, in our competition, the goal for month 1 is 3%. Everyone that reaches their 3% goal, splits the pot for month 1. This continues until month 6 which is the biggest pot of all. 

You're required to take a full-body photo of yourself weighing in as well as the actual number on the scale (for the judges' eyes only) to prevent cheating. I have to take my pictures tonight as my scale batteries died yesterday. 

The comp that we're doing starts tomorrow if anyone else is interested in joining and being friends with us!  CLICK

Re: DietBet

• Options
    The way I understand it, as long as you reach the goals, you will at least get your money back. 

Here's a little more detail from their website: 

You now have 6 months to lose 10%. Follow our slow-and-steady pacing goals to success.

10% is easier when you break it up. See below for each round's goals. Hit them and you'll split that round's pot. Miss them? No worries. You can still catch up. Half the prizes are spread across the first five round while the other half is split equally among everyone who crosses the 10% finish line at the end. It's all about pacing yourself. You can do this!

Round 1 – 3%
    Round 2 – 6% cumulative
    Round 3 – 8% cumulative
    Round 4 – 9% cumulative
    Round 5 – 10% cumulative
    Round 6– Maintain 10% cumulative

Note: To prevent unsafe sprints at the end, you must have lost at least 6% by the end of Round 5 to be eligible to win the final pot.

• Options
    10% puts me right around my goal weight (back to where I was when I got married). 

I decided to go with the 6 month one because I think that'll be better for my mentality than the 4 week one and I think I'm more likely to stick with it. 

• Options
    @TwoDimes, you have to submit two pictures: one full-length of you on the scale (scale must be visible) and one of the weight readout.
  • Options
    This sounds like a more complicated version of Fat Bet. I actually really liked Fat Bet and would totally do one with people. With Fat Bet, you all choose the wager, and you each pick how much you're going to lose in the set period of time. I tried it once and it was going pretty well, and then I got REALLY sick halfway through and we canceled it (like, chronic illness flared up really suddenly and badly).
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards