Florida-South Florida

Invitation help!

I have 150 guests on my plan A list for the reception, how many extra invitations should I purchase in case plan A people say no and I need to invite others?? 

Should I buy 20 extra?? 30? HELP!

Re: Invitation help!

• I had 55 invitations needed and we ordered 84...Just in case :)
  • Depending on where you order them from, most can only be ordered in increments of 10 or 25. And don't base the number of invitations on the number of guests you plan to invite. Meaning, if you are inviting couples or families, that will bring your invitation count down. I almost made that mistake when ordering my save-the-dates. I only needed eighty invitations, but I had to order 100 because of the 25 increment.
  • 25-30 is always a safe number.
  • perfect thanks knotties!

• You should not B listing, its extremely rude.
  • Most people have a b list (the guest does not have to know that they are from the b list).  Often times people that you thought would definitely attend can't make it. HTH!
  • Most people have a b list (the guest does not have to know that they are from the b list).  Often times people that you thought would definitely attend can't make it. HTH!
    Guests DO know that they are B listed, and it EXTREMELY rude. Please do not give bad advice.

Imagine getting an invitation a month and a half after everyone else did. Would you feel honored to spend time / money going to a wedding where you were on the NOT IMPORTANT list?

• I don't understand, why would you "need" to invite others? Invite who you want to invite or don't. 

imageimage

• d2va.................I am not giving any advice, simply making a comment.  This is a forum where ideas can be shared and discussed.   
  • It's good to have a list of people you want to invite but may not be able to due to space and if someone happenes to RSVP no then you invite them. I personally wouldn't get offended. I was invited to a wedding once the day before and I was very excited I was able to make it. :)
  •  Unfortunately I can't afford to invite everyone I want at my wedding so I too have a B list. I am ordering about 15 extra invitations.

• Yes it's true many wedding planing books says you should have a list of people you need to invite (family), should (friends of the family or distant friends) and people it would be nice to invite (co-workers etc.).

My guest list was at 250 and that was just family NO friends or friends of the family so I feel it is important to have a B list because if any of my family says no I will be able to invite friends or co-workers I may not have been able to invite. And I too have been invited to weddings last minute, I understand completely. Some people like family members obviously take precedence over co workers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards