New York-Long Island

Has any one used Lighthouse Photography?

I have an appt with them this week and i'm just curious to see other brides reviews on them.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Has any one used Lighthouse Photography?

• edited December 2011
    I know a friend who used them, I can ask her to give me her feedback. I see advertising for Lighthouse hanging up in a local pizza shop and that just seemed kind of blah to me.
  • edited December 2011
    my friend said she was happy with what she got, but a friend of hers was a little let down. that is all i know. hope that helps.
  • edited December 2011

Sorry - if they don't work out - my photographer is the best!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • dbkb2012dbkb2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A set of friends just had their engagements photos done by them, not my cup of tea but they were absolutely thrilled. They got a $3900 package that included the engagement photos as well as their August wedding later this year, as well as photo albums and a ton of other things. Their only complaint was that they weren't willing to do substitutions. We are looking at Millimeter Photography as of now, personally. :)
  • edited December 2011
    If you are looking for suggestions, you should look into Alexis Stein Photography. That is who I hired along with several friends.
  • edited December 2011
    Our photographer let us substitute a few things in his top package and we couldnt be happier. If you arent sure about a photographer move on to the next one. There are plenty out there. check ours out http://www.theredsweatshirt.com
    Just Married Photo
  • jbara79jbara79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks. I have decided to go with them. The owner is easy going and they are very willing to work with anyones budget. Plus, i seen their work in person and was blown away. I am so glad i am not paying an arm and a leg (or the photographers rent) for quality work.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I used Lighthouse Photography for my engagement shoot and I had also booked Lighthouse for my wedding.  I had a not so pleasant experience with them.  They are definitely well priced and gave you a lot for your money HOWEVER they are a company run by a husband and wife.  If this dynamic does not bother you then so be it.  I did not like my engagement photos due to attire that I choose for myself and later felt very uncomfortable with.  I explained to the owner MONICA that I would really like to have a re-shoot and would be more than happy to pay for the expense since I felt at fault.  The conversation then took a left turn when she said that her husband was not so pleased with the pictures and then I felt really embarrassed.  I repeatedly said that I was happy with his work because I think he is talented (obviously or else I would not have hired him) but unhappy with how I looked and would like a re-shoot.  She then informed me that Florio does not do reshoots and suggested I go with another photographer.  She also told me it was said that I lacked confidence but I was a pretty girl (whatever that means).  So after being humiliated and brought to tears- HYSTERICAL crying on the phone- with her I hung up.  My fiancé called her right away because he could not understand how she could make me cry like that.  She actually denied saying those words to me.  Long story short her husband backed her up all the way saying my wife runs the business very well, everyone gets along with her and she is an excellent mother and wife and she would never tell you that....Im sorry but was I just called a liar?  What does her being a good mother and wife have to do with anything? This is about me and our business we are giving you.. not about you defending your wife. And to make matters worse he was not even present when this conversation took place.   How is the paying client wrong?  Basically calling the client, me.. a liar. I still have ALL of their emails they sent me which were extremely unprofessional .  To make matters worse I reviewed Lighthouse on wedding wire based on my experience and they responded with posting my engagement photos for everyone to see...knowing a bride was unhappy with them why would you do that? It only made them look worse...I guess when your not very professional this is how you treat a situation like that. Not a problem for me since I found an amazing photographer because of this and I could not be happier. My story had a happy ending however I felt the need to point out that this was never an attack on their work but very displeased with how I was treated.  They took it personal and put themselves before their client which is no way to run a business and in no way shape or form was I going to pay $6500 to a company that made me cry, suggest I find another photographer, and above all LIED about saying these things.  There are plenty of other photographers that are more deserving of my money and my business. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards