Snarky Brides

boob job

2»

Re: boob job

• I am a 32 DD. Talk about trying to find a bra that's a 32 with a DD cup! I'm happy with the size of my breasts because I have wide hips and am propotional. In high school though I was a B cup  and still looked proportional and until my breasts finally grew I just wore pushup ras or extra padding when needed. I think it is up to you whether or not you want breast augmentation, but I would wait until after the wedding. You never know how long the healing will take.

• I would wait until after your wedding to fully consider implants.   I would also wait until after you have children(if you are planning to) to make that decision.     34B is not small and it's difficult to think of a dress that you wouldn't properly fill out even with some minor alterations.   The important thing is that your FI thinks you are beautifull no matter what.  

Also I have seen pictures of botched plastic surgeries.   Do a search for bad implant surgeries and think about whether you would risk that before your wedding.

• doeydo said:
    PPs all had valid points.  If you do decide to get implants, I suggest getting subfacial or subpectoral ones because they will look more natural and feel better to the touch. 
    It's actually the contrary. I have subglandular implants (meaning they are into my boobs directly, not under the pectoral muscle), and they look and feel way more natural than women who had subpectoral implants. I went to a surgeon who's known for reconstructive surgery for women who had a mastectomy, and clearly the more natural result for many women is by going subfacial or subglandular. Nobody would guess I had a boob job just looking at my breasts. 

Also, if you can avoid subpectoral surgery, good for you. The recovery time is longer, and it's usually more painful. Also, subpectoral implants usually take up to 3 months to be placed correctly (they're high and hard before the muscle releases the implant), while it's usually around a month for subglandular implants.

Also, cohesive silicon will give a more natural look and texture to breasts than saline water, especially if you're flat-chested before your surgery.
  • To the OP : I agree with PPs who advised to have the surgery after the wedding. Think of a temporary way to make your chest appear fuller in your dress. You don't know how your body will react after surgery ; for most women it's smooth sailing, but there are risks and complications to any type of surgery. And the fit might not work if you get your boobs done now. There were definitely types of cleavages and dress shapes that would have looked amazing with my (flat) chest, but indecent or just heavy and weird with my breasts now. 

• I'm wondering why you aren't considering altering the dress to fit you, rather than the other way around.

You say that your chest doesn't fit your dress -- did you consider that your dress doesn't fit your chest?

I would advise a good bra and/or cup inserts to give you shape, fullness, and lift, and a good seamstress to fit the bodice to your body and enhance what you have.

For the record, I'm a 32DD and I still need to have the bust altered a tiny bit to fit the shape of my body and keep from gaping. I also need some cutlets in my bra to add some extra lift. Bigger isn't always the answer, and won't always result in avoiding alterations.

• I would get specific alterations for the dress itself. For me (I'm a 32A) I had them put cups in the dress and it makes a huge difference.
  • UK 30HH/J here. My boobs are perfect. I love them. They're all mine. Left side is a smidge smaller as I had a cyst removed, but that's what padding is for.

No, my back doesn't hurt. It did when I stuffed myself into a Victoria's Secret 36DDD. I also looked much smaller in boobs but much heavier overall. Get my boobs back where the lovely ladies belong, I'm sexy and I like it.

By Baby's Rules has a good blog on her implants.
  • I'm a lifelong member of the itty bitty titty committee. Sometimes I can fill out a B and it's an exciting day. Hell most days I don't even bother with a bra (see small boobs have their perks! pun intended). I can't say I never considered a boob job. I totally have. Ya know until I remember, I'd look silly with big tits. Hey, I'm a lover of boobs of all sizes, but on me, they'd look silly. I have a small frame. My boobs suit my body. 

If you really want a breast augmentation, if it's something you've wanted for a long time, then do it. But if you want it because a dress doesn't fit right, then find a new dress. It's major surgery, so it's a decision that shouldn't be made lightly. 
  • I'm a 34B and made sure my dress looked good on them, not the other way around.

I've worn padded bras before, and once I put clothes on I feel like they make me look 20lbs heavier. I prefer my natural chest size because I think I look thinner. To each her own, I guess.

Something this drastic shouldn't be rushed before your wedding. You might not be able to move for a while, let alone exercise and stay healthy before your big day. What if you get an infection or have a slow recovery?
  • vh2014vh2014 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I agree with PP who said don't do it for the dress.  You can sew in "implants" for that day and know what it will look like.  Beyond that, it's a personal choice and if it makes you more confident and comfortable, then go for it.  But.... 

I'd like to throw in one additional consideration: if you are considering having children, know that all those changes will change them again, so it might be wise to wait until you are done having children. I know, not everyone getting married plans on having kids... but just as an additional consideration. I went from a B to a huge to a D post everything... and other people I know went the other way around.  Everyone is different.  It would suck to have to have another procedure if pregnancy changed them so you weren't happy again. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards