African American Weddings

Help! My FI is requiring a wardrobe change...

Okay, this is probably my fault to begin with, but my FI seems to have his heart set on me wearing one dress at our wedding & another at our reception. This was originally my idea but I decided against the change because it just seemed like a lot to do, especially on a ship, and I explained this to him.

Now he's the one mentioning it in our wedding planning. He says he wants me comfortable dancing, etc. I appreciate that, but how do I get him off this idea?

Re: Help! My FI is requiring a wardrobe change...

• I would think just reassuring him you would be comfortable dancing as well as you don't want to waste time/missing part of the reception due changing. It sounds like you are having a cruise wedding. The time to get to the room, change out, touch ups and get back. That's probably easily 30 - 45 minutes gone. 
    hallunscripted.blogspot.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LaVaH112 said:

I wouldwilnk just reassuring him you would be comfortable dancing as well as you don't want to waste time/missing part of the reception due changing. It sounds like you are having a cruise wedding. The time to get to the room, change out, touch ups and get back. That's probably easily 30 - 45 minutes gone. 

Yes, to the cruise wedding. I will definitely try yoaur approach. Thanks!
  • I would really have to let him know that after looking for the perfect dress i wouldnt want to change out of it at least thats my motto!... Besides you only get to wear your wedding dress once...

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Instead of convincing him of the inconvenience help him understand how much you love your dress and want to wear it all night!
  • LaVaH112 said:
    I would think just reassuring him you would be comfortable dancing as well as you don't want to waste time/missing part of the reception due changing. It sounds like you are having a cruise wedding. The time to get to the room, change out, touch ups and get back. That's probably easily 30 - 45 minutes gone. 
    I agree with this 100%.. first when you find the dress im sure it is going to be hard to find another dress that you love as much and would want to change into.. also.. it is not EASY NOR QUICK to get put into a bridal gown plus you cant really do it by yourself.. so to me it is just easier to stay in the first dress.. plus I loved my dress so much I didnt want to take it off :) 

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • All wonderful suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards