Not Engaged Yet

Wednesday Chatter

Hi Ladies!!

It's Wednesday morning and I already need a nap!!

FI keeps asking me what I want for Valentine's day - there's nothing I really want though and he won't take 'just save up for the wedding' as an answer, so now I have to figure something I want out.  UHG - he doesn't want to go with a 'practical' gift either. 

Anniversary

Re: Wednesday Chatter

• @Dignity100 Chocolate is always a good choice.

Our conversations about Valentine's Day have mostly revolved around the decision that we don't want to do anything special. We haven't exchanged gifts in the past and I doubt we will this year. We're actually having a few friends over for dinner and games Friday night. I'm more excited for that than the actual holiday I think.

• Morning, ladies!

I'm getting progressively more sore as the day goes on. It's a good sore but DAMN. 

H and I aren't too big on Valentine's Day. We usually do dinner and cards and sometimes he brings home yummy things. We're going to one of our local steakhouses for dinner on Friday and I got him a cute 'husband' card that I bought on Etsy. I wouldn't be mad if he came home with jewelry or something more extravagant than chocolate but I don't really see the point. 

• feck Valentine's Day gifts. H asked for "nice undershirts." What the feck does that mean?

I'm pumped for dinner plans Friday though. H avoids expensive sit down restaurants like it is his part-time job. So I am gonna eat all the seafood, drinks, and desserts on this Hallmark holiday. 
  • I already bought FI his Valentine's gift. We weren't going to do anything, but he felt like a jerk because of it (mind you, I would've been happy with a home-cooked meal!) so he bought me a new Pandora charm and my favorite stuff from Bath and Body Works. I pre-ordered a video game he wanted.

This was the first year we set a budget, and we were both under. Any money left over we put in the wedding account.

Friday night we're driving up to my parents in NY so we aren't doing anything fun Friday night. We might get Sonic on our way out lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @Swazzle I would NEVER be mad if FI came home with jewelry, or chocolate, or flowers, but I agree...I just don't see the point. I think one year I got him boxers with a sriracha print on them and a card about farting under the covers and that's been the extent of our Valentine's Day celebrations.

• Part of my Chirstmas present to H this year was planning our Valentines Day (a half day at a great spa).  I'm not sure what he was more excited about...the spa or not having to make Valentines Day plans.  :)  We will do that and just dinner.  Normally we just do dinner and he'll get me flowers and I'll get him whiskey.  Low key but still fun.
  • I got my H a shirt he's been wanting, some gummy worms (his favorite), and a cute card.  I asked him to install some shelving in the bathroom for me instead of a gift.  we are going to go to an adult trampoline zone and play around for a couple hours, get groceries, do our Insanity workout, and eat take-out.  ROMANCE FTW!!!
  • @TwoDimes I think he'd wear them more often if they were true boxers. They're more...boxer briefs so they're tight in the legs and he doesn't care for that fit as much. I got them from The Oatmeal. But yeah, I always laugh or smile when I see him wearing a pair of silly boxers rather than his normal ones. I found some boxers during Christmas with a soccer themed print that I desperately wanted to buy but they didn't have any in his size. I was so bummed out because they were the silliest soccer boxers ever and I know he would have loved them.

• I was at Target last night looking for some Valentine's unders for H, but all they had were loose boxers and those aren't his thang.  I almost got him some St. Patty's day ones instead, but decided against.  all of H's favorite unders are the novelty ones (bananas, hamburgers, 90's neon prints, bone-in ham, etc.)  he's the same way with socks.

I did buy a cute lacy bralette and some lacy panties (black, H's favorite, instead of the white with gold dots, my personal choice).  I told H there would be no lingerie this year, so... SURPRIIIIIIIIISE!!

• On Friday, we're going to watch a movie and DH is making me dinner.  He made a really awesome dinner last year (grilled grouper with asparagus) so I'm pretty excited to see what he does this year.  I bought chocolate cupcakes with pb frosting to go with it.  Hooray!
  • yum!  where did you get the cupcakes, @Sakalicious?

I think we might go to a gelato place for dessert.  I don't THINK it'll be too crowded... but maybe it will??
  • We're not doing much for Valentine's Day either since neither of us really care for it.  On Thursday night we are going to a fancy schmancy Italian restaurant where we had our first date :) I plan on drinking a lot of wine. I got FI a card. I'm not a sappy/crying type of girl but I teared up when I read the card I got him. Its so perfect.

On Friday we are staying in. I'm gonna make a nice dinner and then we are lighting a fire in the fireplace and drinking lots of wine ;);) 
    Anniversary

• FI & I aren't big on V-day I did get him some winter boots that I gave him last week.  He said he ordered me a poster of the princess bride marriage quote that I love. I'm excited, even though we said no gifts only cards this year.  I am not even sure if we plan to go out anywhere over the weekend or Friday for dinner. 

I'm not too happy about the snow expected for tomorrow at all. My veil came in yesterday, and it's beautiful. I ordered it from etsy. I love it, I wore it around the house a little bit before FI came home.  I'm also on the hunt for a good place for photos for the wedding- somewhere between the church and the reception place.  The place we originally wanted to do pictures won't let us, boo!

Anniversary

• @peaseblossom55 Pictures of your veil? It sounds really pretty!

• @peaseblossom55 which Etsy seller did you use? I'm going to try to make my own veil, but in case that doesn't work out, I need a backup plan!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @Peaseblossom55 that is a beautiful veil!!  Would you mind sharing the Etsy store it came from???

Anniversary
  • @dignity100 & @buddysmom80 The etsy seller is Jumx I think they are based out of china.  I got my veil for $46 and free shipping it arrived in three weeks. 

Anniversary

• @peaseblossom55 It's beautiful!! $46 for that is a steal!

• @lmhollister it's real pretty has the kind of beading I wanted and it was cheap the one I liked in the bridal salon was over $300. The only con is that the beading makes the veil feel a bit heavy but I plan to take it off after the church ceremony anyway.

Anniversary

• We're celebrating Valentine's Day on Saturday. I know we're not exchanging gifts this year, and BF asked me to let him plan, so I don't know what we're doing yet.
  • @swazzle I love that card!! I did look at the esty vendor you used, but none of her veils had the beading I was looking for.

Anniversary

• @Peaseblossom55 - Yea, my veil was very simple. I considered doing a lace edge but I thought it would blend into my dress too much. Your veil is gorgeous, I absolutely love the beading and it's going to look perfect with your dress! 

• @CocoBellaF I got them at a place near work called Cupcake Heaven...they are so good and the frosting is light instead of being cringe-inducing sweet.
  • @Swazzle - I looked where you got your veil too, but I want a heavily beaded veil.  I LOVED the veil I picked out at the bridal salon but they want $200 for it!!  There's a lady locally who had really pretty veils for under $100 (she runs a shop like 'Vows' from 'I found the gown').  I was thinking about even contacting her before I order my dress to see if she could locate it for me.

Anniversary
  • @swazzle thanks, the beading is oflittle flowers that match the flowers in the detailsd at the bottom of my dress.

Anniversary

• Hey ladies! BF and I are going to this place where they teach you to paint. We aren't getting each other anything other than a card and something small <$20, we're not too big on Valentine's Day. Plus his birthday is 3/13, and our anniversary is 3/22, so we'll be doing something bigger then when prices aren't inflated and restaurant waits aren't ridiculous. 

@beanbot2002 - I would DIE if El Señor got you a sparkly. I would probably pee myself before dropping dead. :-)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards