Not Engaged Yet

Wednesday Chatter

2»

Re: Wednesday Chatter

• that's cute, @Ollie08! I asked about doing something like that, but H really wouldn't be in to painting so we're going to an adult jump/trampoline zone instead. I'll find a girlfriend to do a painting class with me! please AW your finished products!!
  • @CocoBellaF - I will! I'm not convinced it's the best thing, but BF is a creative too. So I love that we can do artsy stuff together and have fun. Plus he's up for new things, and great deals. The indoor trampoline place sounds awesome! I've only been to 1 before with the girls. It was fun, but I was busy with them. Doing it alone as an adult? Now that's awesome!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I've heard they have a dodgeball "court" and a basketball "court" in the jumping zones, too.  H is so pumped.  I think it'll be a lot of fun, too!
  • What's kind of hilarious to me right now is that I HATE the class I'm taking (bioinformatics course) and it's taught terribly, and I'm terrible at writing code. What's funny, though, is that I kind of LIKE writing code. I feel determined to figure out how to make it do what I want to do. I shouldn't be that surprised; programming involves language, and even if it's not like English or Italian or French, it's still language. I love learning languages and am very good at it (well, at writing, not speaking. I love grammar). So I'm trying to see this as learning a new language taught by the WORST teachers. Still frustrating to know what I want to "say" (know what I want the script to do), but not knowing how to "say" it.

Tonight, J has game night with his friends. I'm going to the gym (YAY) and then doing nothing (YAY).

Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @phira, DH's dissertation project is huge in bioinformatics and when he talks about it, I'm like ???????  haha...hope your FACS goes well!!
  • @Sakalicious - OT, but I effing LOVE your profile pic/avatar. SO much!

• edited February 2014
    Hey All!

We never do much for V-Day either - aside from Xmas, NYE, and VDay, we also have both of our birthdays AND our anniversary within this 2-month span, so we don't do gifts for most of them.

I think I'm going to find FI a funny card, and I want to surprise him with good gloves because he really needs them. I'm also cooking us an awesome dinner and finishing it with chocolate fondue. To be honest, I am REALLY hoping to get flowers. FI has NEVER EVER bought me flowers, other than a single rose on our first Vday. It started off as kind of a joke (when we first began dating I told him I thought flowers were stupid and a waste of money, apparently I was trying to seem as low-maintenance as possible!), but now it's just getting silly. I want some flowers, dammit, and I think Friday will be the day. I told him not to get me any chocolate, because I've been struggling enough with my diet as it is.

Other than that, I have a job interview lined up for next Wednesday, and no big plans for the weekend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • J haaaaates flowers. He's psyched that we're making (I'm making) paper flowers for the wedding because he thinks flowers are so pointless. That means that him buying me flowers would be unbelievably romantic, and also unbelievably unlikely.

@Sakalicious Bioinformatics is just plain ???? I think the people who aren't struggling and dying in our class are engineers or something.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @Hummingbird125 - did you tell him that you want flowers sometimes?  :)
  • @CocoBellaF - YES. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @hummingbird125 - I'll cross mine for you, too!  my H brings home flowers randomly, but I'm hoping he brings home some gourmet truffles from a place near his work.  forget the flowers, give me CHOCOLATE.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards