Chit Chat
Options

NWR - Missing woman // sad update

SmileDamnitSmileDamnit member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited February 2014 in Chit Chat
Have y'all heard about Leanne Bearden, the missing 33 year-old-woman who went for a walk over a week ago and hasn't been seen since? I don't know her, but FI worked with her husband about 8 years ago and met her a couple times. It's gotten a lot of It's baffling, and heart breaking, and scary.

So her & DH had just returned from a 22 month 'trip' around the world & blogged extensively about it (CLICK). They've only been stateside a few weeks and were staying at DH's parents house in San Antonio when she went for a quick walk before a scheduled phone interview. Hasn't been seen since (CLICK). Husband has pretty much been cleared. Massive search just happened without finding any evidence of either her or foul play. Friends and family are adamant that she wouldn't just leave on her own accord. It's just so bizarre! 

Anyway, you can read more about her case on a website created (CLICK). And send a prayer to the family & for her safe return, if you so feel inclined. I just can't imagine what they are going through.

**UPDATE**
So the family just posted a message on the FB page stating that there is a strong possibility she ran. More in this article (CLICK).

**FINAL UPDATE**
They found Leanne's body today. Devastating news. Some reports are suggesting suicide, some foul play. Regardless, I feel awful for her family, friends and loved ones and may she rest in peace.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: NWR - Missing woman // sad update

• Options
    I was just reading about her. Crazy. And so sad. Her poor husband and family.
  • Options
    I was also reading about her, earlier. Soooo sad. I really hope that she is found alive and well, but it doesn't look good, a week later. I cannot even imagine what her family must be going through. Has your FI kept in touch with her husband since their days working together?
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    I just skimmed through their blog, they seem like such a cool, fun loving couple. I would do anything to be able to travel the world for 2 years, and they were able to fulfill such an amazing thing. This is really sad...
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    That's crazy and so sad to hear. I really hope for a happy ending for this family. A few years ago a little girl in my hometown walked over to a friend's house and never came back...days of searching didn't turn up anything until another girl confessed to killing here. Sorry, I know that's morbid. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it and people in town can't bear to talk about it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    That must be so terrible for her family :/  She is from the town where we live now (Roswell, GA), so they've been talking about it on ATL news stations.  I really hope she is found alive!

• Options
    pinkcow13 said:
    I was also reading about her, earlier. Soooo sad. I really hope that she is found alive and well, but it doesn't look good, a week later. I cannot even imagine what her family must be going through. Has your FI kept in touch with her husband since their days working together?
    @pinkcow13 ~ he's not really kept in touch. Saw them about a year before they left for their trip, but nothing after that. Lots of mutual friends that overlap so tons of updates…or lack thereof :/ It's just so tragic. The case has kind of consumed me…just so hoping for answers of some sort so the family can stop this torturous not knowing.
  • Options
    **FINAL UPDATE**
    They found Leanne's body today. Devastating news. Some reports are suggesting suicide, some foul play. Regardless, I feel awful for her family, friends and loved ones and may she rest in peace.
  • Options
    Omg. I was just thinking about this case earlier this week, because I had not heard anything in it. This is so very sad. I just read the other article you posted, and I wonder if what the family said was true, that she was having a hard time adjusting to "normal life." Whatever may have happened this is so terrible for her family. I hope they get the answers they are surely looking for.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    That is so sad.
  • Options
    pinkcow13 said:
    Omg. I was just thinking about this case earlier this week, because I had not heard anything in it. This is so very sad. I just read the other article you posted, and I wonder if what the family said was true, that she was having a hard time adjusting to "normal life." Whatever may have happened this is so terrible for her family. I hope they get the answers they are surely looking for.
    I had a dream about her a few days ago, that she was found hiding in a hotel. I so wish it had been that kind of end. I just feel awful for her family & friends. I hope they are able to find some peace & closure.
  • Options
    I know, this is really terrible. I wonder what happened? It's just soo so sad. Stories like this really get to me because I think, this could be me, or a friend of mine. I hope they do find peace and closure.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options

pinkcow13 said:
    I know, this is really terrible. I wonder what happened? It's just soo so sad. Stories like this really get to me because I think, this could be me, or a friend of mine. I hope they do find peace and closure.
    They just released the results of the prelim autopsy, @pinkcow13. I'm heart broken to read that it was suicide (this<< is the latest report). I've got no direct experience with suicide and I feel presumptuous even saying that this two degrees of separation even comes close to "direct", but damn, this just shakes me to the core. I just don't understand it. So, so sad.
  • Options
    Niccirf - Oh no! That's just so terrible. And right after the trip! She must have been wrestling with some inner demons for a while. I just feel even worse for her family. This is really sad. I feel so terrible for her husband, he was probably excited to settle down into their lives. Terrible.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards