Snarky Brides

Couple Sues Over Wedding Video

The Knot just posted this on Facebook. 

If I had seen this video without the color commentary, a) I wouldn't have noticed the dubbed sound effects for the breaking glass and applause and b) I would have thought, "Oh, what a beautiful wedding, and how lucky the bride and family is!"

Now that I've read the story, all I see is a princess bitch with bitchy friends who have sour-puss faces in all their shots. Jealous of her dress and Loubs perhaps, or maybe jealous of hubby? Who knows, but they all look bitchy. I only got through 8 minutes. 

Re: Couple Sues Over Wedding Video

• I actually liked her dress! She wants money to pay for her jersey shore wedding
  • Perhaps her guests didn't cover their plates and they can't pay for their wedding, and are taking it out on the videographer.

But seriously, I feel bad for the vendor. It's a lovely video.

• I haven't watched the whole thing yet, so I might update my thoughts, but right now, my big thought is that that dress was FUGLY!

I agree!  I feel like dresses like her's are what will end up being the equivalent of the puffy sleeved dresses of the 80s.  Sooo trendy/tacky
  • Holy cow... I hope my guests don't give this many speeches.  WHEN DOES IT END???
  • The video is fine.  Not my taste, but nothing wrong with it- if she booked a videographer who's style varied from her vision so much, that's her own problem.  As for the article, holy whining batman.  At most, she should ask for a refund.  Over a hundred grand is just absolute bullshit.  They paid $13000, apparently she's asking for more because of emotional damage?  They made a wedding video she didn't like and the way she talks about it you'd think they beat her with a baseball bat while calling her names.  She wants to talk about emotional damage??  Someone ought to lock her in a room for 20 minutes with someone who has real problems, see if she still wants to bitch about a video then.  
  • vollebellvollebell member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2014
    I don't know what special snowflake thinks is missing. I mean, there are plenty of shots of both of her dresses, sound bits of every speech given, shots of all of the things that (as someone who is not Jewish) seem important to a traditional Jewish ceremony. I mean, if she didn't even care enough about her own wedding to watch her new husband dance with his mother (you can see her in the background showing off her dress and taking pictures) or pull out a real smile for everyone wishing her well... I don't know.

Maybe it was ruined because they got a shot of his shoes but didn't include a shot of her shoes?

AND WHO GET'S DRESSED  FOR THEIR WEDDING IN A BRIDAL SALON IN THE SALES RACKS!!!!

ETA: cause I like to add in nonsensical words.
  • Whaaaaaaaaaat?  I had to stop watching.

I'm happy that they can both enjoy a lifetime of jerkdom together.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • All I can think of that could be wrong with the video is that maybe it spent too much time focusing on other people rather than capturing every second of Bridezilla AW. The video obviously took a lot of thought and work. It's over the top opulent for my taste, but the whole wedding was.
  • The NY Daily News article says they missed recording the signing of the ketubah. I know absolutely nothing about that tradition, but I guess if she had stipulated she wanted it included, that's the only thing that could I could possibly see as being the videographer's fault. (It also says she owns the bridal salon, so I guess getting dressed there would be meaningful.)

Regardless, the whole thing is crazy. Suing for punitive damages over a wedding video? I guess I can't imagine that being anywhere on my list of priorities during my first year of marriage.

Also, can anyone explain the costume change from the big poofy dress to the only-slightly-less-big dress? I guess the only reason I ever imagined for a costume change was if I had mastered the art of swing dancing and my new husband planned to sweep me between his legs and over his head. (This is not happening at my wedding. To be clear).
  • Hate her dress but I think the video is great. It shows loving family and friends having a great time. Isn't that what a wedding is supposed to be?
  • Shouldn't the videographer have all the raw footage? Couldn't he just... redo the video with the input of the couple? I swear, people sue for the craziest (and stupidest) things...
    ~*~*~*~*~

• What a bitch!  What I watched of the video is lovely.  I think it's really tacky how at the beginning the bride talks about getting all dressed up for their first date and being disappointed they went ot a burger joint.  What's wrong with a good burger?  I'm also not a fan of her dresses (though I think the 2nd one is slightly better than the 1st) and her hair looks like something she'd wear everyday, which seems at odds with the super fancy wedding.
  • Ven&Radio said:
    What a bitch!  What I watched of the video is lovely.  I think it's really tacky how at the beginning the bride talks about getting all dressed up for their first date and being disappointed they went ot a burger joint.  What's wrong with a good burger?  I'm also not a fan of her dresses (though I think the 2nd one is slightly better than the 1st) and her hair looks like something she'd wear everyday, which seems at odds with the super fancy wedding.
    To be fair, I think it came off as telling a funny story from early on in their relationship. It didn't come off as her being disappointed at all to me.

I don't think there was anything wrong with the video. I think if there was one or two really important things missing then they should've asked the videographer if he could add it in or at least give them the raw footage. Suing is absolutely ridiculous.

• beautiful video. Even if she was expecting something different the way she talks about it is rediculous. I don't see how that video ruined their memories, and why she feels she could never show it to her children. Very melow dramatic
  • I have not watched the video yet, but yes that dress is hideous. And she sounds like a spoiled little snowflake.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I haven't watched the whole thing yet, so I might update my thoughts, but right now, my big thought is that that dress was FUGLY!
    I sent the article to my mom and said can you imagine spending 13k on the video?  Her response was "Maybe she had second thoughts about that dress."
    The gif in your signature lines up pretty perfectly with that sentence.
  • That bitch cray.

I was going to say more, but that pretty much sums it up.
  • vollebell said:

Maybe it was ruined because they got a shot of his shoes but didn't include a shot of her shoes?

AND WHO GET'S DRESSED  FOR THEIR WEDDING IN A BRIDAL SALON IN THE SALES RACKS!!!!

ETA: cause I like to add in nonsensical words.
    I doubt they could have found her shoes underneath that thing!

Heck I'm surprised they didn't get married in the sales racks. How would you fit that ginormous dress in a car or bus or even through the doorway of the dress store!?!?!?

• Me thinks this bride is trying to get her wedding paid for.
  • There's a longer version of the video too. It's really well produced and I really couldn't see what it missed, let alone any element of awfulness that would warrant such a ridiculous lawsuit. I especially liked the drop-dead looks worn by the bridesmaids too. From which I got the distinct impression that pretty much every moment of this wedding had put years on everyone who had the misfortune to be closely involved with Princess Precious and her Big Fat Brooklyn Extravaganza. 
  • For what it's worth everyone looked kind of snooty and bitchy - well the women did anyway,
  • I thought the video was fine, not really very interesting though. I suppose it would have been more interesting if I knew the people in it.

I do find it interesting that most people are blaming the bride for the debacle when the article clearly states that THE COUPLE are suing.
  • A longer article with more information has actually clarified that the bride and her father are the ones suing. Dad because he paid for it and bride because she suffered the "emotional trauma" or whatever bullshit phrase she used.
    Anniversary
  • RajahBMFD said:

A longer article with more information has actually clarified that the bride and her father are the ones suing. Dad because he paid for it and bride because she suffered the "emotional trauma" or whatever bullshit phrase she used.

Wait a minute! The bride and her FATHER?!! Doesn't the groom have a say in any of this?
  • Amyzen83 said:
    A longer article with more information has actually clarified that the bride and her father are the ones suing. Dad because he paid for it and bride because she suffered the "emotional trauma" or whatever bullshit phrase she used.
    Wait a minute! The bride and her FATHER?!! Doesn't the groom have a say in any of this?
    My guess is the groom has learned to keep his mouth shut about things like logic.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • A million dollars says she hopes to be propelled to reality stardom from this. What a load. That's 14.5 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So I finally watched the vid. While not my cup of tea, I think the video was just fine. She's an idiot, spoiled little brat. She just didnt like how she looked and that terrible dress, IMO.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards