African American Weddings

Photographer/Videographer

So I talked to another person about doing the pics for the day and he sounds promising..keep your fingers crossed. FI and I are going to go meet him on Sunday !

I just talked to a videographer and his startinng price is 850 for a single camera shot ! whew..all this money..FI is going to say no...I can hear him now !

Are you getting a videographer ? How much are you spending ?

I need a 2nd job like asap ! lol

Wedding Countdown Ticker
imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/

Re: Photographer/Videographer

• Yes I'm paying 1050. I paid half to book him and I have to pay the balance after I receive the dvds
  • msbdumasmsbdumas member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    yep thats what he said half down now then the rest when we get the dvds. he's giving us all day service, special effects, and 3 dvds...my photog is 1000 thats including all day service, e-pic session, disc with up to 400 pics and a 24 page album. 

FI is going to flip with me throwing all these prices out at him. Lord Im bout to have the big guns come in (my mom) ! I got to pray pray pray ! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • jonekajoneka member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I called in a favor to have our videographer..for $150....ehh..a kidney wasnt too much..lol...but I cant stress enough the importance of having SOMEONE video your wedding...there was soooo much that I missed being in the bridal suite and walking in last....our video still isnt done, but Im waiting was great anticipation...I have recieved some from peoples video phones..which is soooo cute, but it makes me want my video even more...ugh..gotta wait..Our photog was super awesome and worth every single penny of $750 (epics, bridal session, and wedding)

just remind your Fi that after the day...the pics and video will be all the reminders that yall will have..trust me their both important!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • We are having both and I say go for it! Those are things that will last forever and you don't want to scrimp on that! Just explain it to him and show him some comparison pics of good wedding pics and bad. That changed my FI quickly. I think you are getting good prices!
    imageAnniversary
  • Me and FI just had a long talk about it and he said ok fine...I did just that..stressed the importance of having both so he understood where I was coming from..said we will work it out !! So I went googling some VG in my area and stumped upon this place and they had a package for 499 and it incl everything we want..it is perfect.. Read reviews, testimonials from the website and talk to the guy he said that is the price plus tax..I told him he hired !! We're going to meet with him next week to watch a demo and pay deps !! 2 more checks coming on !!
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I booked we are at 1200 for 2 cameras -7 hours.... if FI doesnt want to pay that much check craigslist
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Yes I have booked a videographer.  The cost is $3200 but it was a price I was willing to pay.  The Dude understands why a videographer is so important to me and is on board with my choice and the price tag. I wanted to get the best videographer possible to capture my day so that I could share it with my Dad just in case his health will not allow him to be at my wedding.

This videographer offers a whole lot for the money.   I currently have 7 hrs coverage plus 1 hour prior to the ceremony, 2 videographers, 3 cameras, 4 wireless mics, full coverage for both the ceremony and reception, full length film, highlight reels for bridal prep, pre-ceremony, and full ceremony, bonus outtake reels, HD DVDs, aerial coverage, plus some other little goodies.

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• In Response to Re:Photographer/Videographer:[QUOTE]Yes I have booked a videographer.nbsp; The cost is 3200 but it was a price I was willing to pay.nbsp; The Dude understands why a videographer is so important to me and is on board with my choice and the price tag. I wanted to get the best videographer possible to capture my day so that I could share it with my Dad just in case his health will not allow him to be at my wedding. This videographer offers a whole lot for the money.nbsp;nbsp; I currently have 7 hrs coverage plus 1 hour prior to the ceremony, 2 videographers, 3 cameras, 4 wireless mics, full coverage for both the ceremony and reception, full length film, highlight reels for bridal prep, preceremony, and full ceremony, bonus outtake reels, HD DVDs, aerial coverage, plus some other little goodies. Posted by island07b2b[/QUOTE]

O M G..I would cry if it was 3200..I'm crying about 850..lol..you go girl..FI would not be having that.
  • I booked a package with my photographer and videography came with it.  We paid $3800 for e- seesion, bridal session, 7 hours of video and photography, the rights to all our photos and a huge italian leather bound album.  I got the 2011 price for booking early.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We had both at our wedding.

Both my photographer and videographer work with my mother for all her corporate events, so we are tight.. and I got both of them for under $2000 including e- session, full day coverage (just over 8 hours), a digital photo book (with ALL of the pictures that were taken), a 16x20 portrait, and "on location photo shoot" for all our guests at the wedding.

Our video is gonna be sent to me next week.. OMG I can't wait!
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • We are having both a photographer and a videographer at our wedding.  The price for 6 hours of video footage with two cameras (and lapel microphones) is about $1000.  We will own all the raw footage and have the ability to use the edited and raw footage for our personal and family use.

My photography costs are substantially higher, but I am having an outstanding photographer.  That includes 8 hours of photography.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards