Snarky Brides

Couple Sues Over Wedding Video

2»

Re: Couple Sues Over Wedding Video

• @HaileyDancingbear

Why that gif... now I'm gonna be sad all day.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • The entire time I watched the video I couldnt help but think, "I bet she spent my entire wedding budget on her shoes lol" The wedding wa beautiful. Her dress was....her taste. I dont get why she is suing at all! The video was beautiful. I think she might be trying to get some of what she spent on her wedding back
  • RajahBMFD said:
    A longer article with more information has actually clarified that the bride and her father are the ones suing. Dad because he paid for it and bride because she suffered the "emotional trauma" or whatever bullshit phrase she used.
    I'm still baffled at what is possibly wrong with her brain that she thinks not liking a video is emotional trauma. By that reasoning I should be suing Joss Whedon for all the character deaths that have left me emotionally traumatized.  image

Why must you torture us so?
    Anniversary
  • After reading the article there were some things missing that she is upset about  - signing of the Ketubah being one (although they do get a nice shot of it being read).

Also it says "She said the film was just a scattered collection of scenes with no beginning, middle or end" which I do agree with somewhat. I hate how the reception is out of order.... (although I bet they did that to break up the MILLION speeches!)

But at the end of they day it is a GREAT video!!! It still captured your day and in no way should cause "emotional trauma" for you OR YOUR BABY!

At best if you really hate it... a partial refund? But over $100,000??!?!?! Blows my mind!

Anniversary
  • vollebell said:
    I don't know what special snowflake thinks is missing. I mean, there are plenty of shots of both of her dresses, sound bits of every speech given, shots of all of the things that (as someone who is not Jewish) seem important to a traditional Jewish ceremony. I mean, if she didn't even care enough about her own wedding to watch her new husband dance with his mother (you can see her in the background showing off her dress and taking pictures) or pull out a real smile for everyone wishing her well... I don't know.

Maybe it was ruined because they got a shot of his shoes but didn't include a shot of her shoes?

AND WHO GET'S DRESSED  FOR THEIR WEDDING IN A BRIDAL SALON IN THE SALES RACKS!!!!

ETA: cause I like to add in nonsensical words.
    They said this was her Bridal Salon she owned I guess...

Anniversary
  • After reading the article there were some things missing that she is upset about  - signing of the Ketubah being one (although they do get a nice shot of it being read).

Also it says "She said the film was just a scattered collection of scenes with no beginning, middle or end" which I do agree with somewhat. I hate how the reception is out of order.... (although I bet they did that to break up the MILLION speeches!)

But at the end of they day it is a GREAT video!!! It still captured your day and in no way should cause "emotional trauma" for you OR YOUR BABY!

At best if you really hate it... a partial refund? But over $100,000??!?!?! Blows my mind!

Ok, those sound like legit complaints, but then why not just ask them to fix it? And to me it seemed like an artistic direction type of thing, and most likely this videographer's style. You'd think you'd pick up on that when viewing their portfolio site at other weddings they've done! If I'm going to spend 13 k on a videographer, I damn well better see their body of work and determine whether it fits my vision or not. And sequential or not, it told a story to me. This woman's just thick!
  • RajahBMFD said:
    A longer article with more information has actually clarified that the bride and her father are the ones suing. Dad because he paid for it and bride because she suffered the "emotional trauma" or whatever bullshit phrase she used.
    I'm still baffled at what is possibly wrong with her brain that she thinks not liking a video is emotional trauma. By that reasoning I should be suing Joss Whedon for all the character deaths that have left me emotionally traumatized.  image
    That one made me so upset when I first saw it.  Actually, every time I see it I get upset. 
  • That shit Tay Cray yo.
  • @Indancer @TheFutureMrsRohlman22 @RajahBMFD I'm so happy to see other Firefly/Serenity fans on here!  
  • @Indancer @TheFutureMrsRohlman22 @RajahBMFD I'm so happy to see other Firefly/Serenity fans on here!  

Yep, my husband introduced me to it on one of our first dates. Wonderful show!
    Browncoats forever!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
    Yep, my husband introduced me to it on one of our first dates. Wonderful show!
    FI and I started watching it while we were on vacation in Maine.  We ended up marathoning the whole thing because we were so hooked!
  • I am sorry but this is a 15 minute video which comprises probably a full 8 hour day.  I think that it is a great video and hits all the highlights of the day.  It included the speeches and her getting ready and them taking pictures and the ceremony and them dancing and it even shows some of the food.  What more can you ask for from a 15 minute video?  A wedding video is not supposed to not be full length, it is supposed to show the important snippets and that is exactly what this does.

I think she is a materialistic person who will never be truly happy with anything and will run and cry to Daddy when she can't get her way.  I really cannot imagine living with someone so high maintenance.

• Can anyone help me? I can't find a working link to this video anywhere and I really want to watch it now. All the ones linked to Vimeo tell me the video is no longer available. 

Any one else having this problem?
  • Oh, it looks like it was indeed taken down! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards