Wedding Party

Bridesmaid T-shirts

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone found any good deals on Bridesmaid/Bride shirts? I have 5 bridesmaids. I'm getting them each a gift, but also want to get them a shirt. 

-Christina

Re: Bridesmaid T-shirts

• A.C. Moore and Michael's have those iron-on transfers and you could get $5 shirts at Old Navy or Wal-Mart or whatever. But--and this is a BIG but---please just save your money and skip it. All 5 of those things will go straight to Goodwill the day after the wedding. What a waste. And I would seriously hold a grudge if someone I considered a friend made me wear a stupid Bridesmaid t-shirt.
  • They'll never wear them again, save your money and skip it. 
  • One of my friends did monogrammed beach totes as one of her BM gifts - I still use mine for the beach every summer, and it's been 5 years since her wedding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Since they'll only wear this once, go with the cheapest possible option. I've gotten custom shirts made at local shops and found it's a lot cheaper than ordering online and paying shipping. Google "custom t-shirts (your city)" and make some phone calls.
    *********************************************************************************

• I promise you it is a waste of money. I received a zip up for two different weddings and I have never worn them again.
  • Those types of shirts are a waste of money. They will never wear them. They won't even wear them when getting ready on your wedding day because how are you suppose to take off a t-shirt once your hair is done up?

• I can tell you that I have no idea what my BMs wore to get ready the morning of my wedding and honestly I don't care. I was just so excited and flustered. We got our photos taken while getting ready and they turned out great, despite the non-matching/non-personalized attire. People tend to be more comfortable in their own clothes rather than something given to them so they look like a prop.

If I was given a uniform to wear while getting ready I'd paste a smile on my face and wear the thing but I wouldn't be happy, which would show in the photos cause I'm crappy and hiding my emotions.

If you're set on everyone having matching t-shirts or personalized t-shirts I would do what PP have stated and find the cheapest ones you can.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Another vote for waste of money. They will never wear those shirts again. 
  • msuprincess04msuprincess04 member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2013

I also vote for the print your own iron-ons. I recently ordered shirts from Zazzle and they were still pricey after shipping and the quality wasn't great either.

ETA: the shirts were for FI and I to do a half marathon in (not for the bridal party)

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Why do you want them to have matching shirts? 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Don't bother.
  • I agree that it is a waste of money.

If you insist on doing these, go with cheap shirts that you can make yourself.  At least you can have some fun making them.  But go cheap.  You don't want to be sad when they don't wear them or have to cut them off with scissors after their hair is done.  
  • I got t-shirts from Walmart for $3 each and then ordered some iron-ons. After ironing them on, I sewed the edges down so that they won't be off. They look amazing and didn't take very long. Plus they ended up costing about $5.50 each!
  • I'm obviously in the minority here, so don't take this and run with it, but I've worn my bridesmaid shirt from this one wedding I was in multiple times after. It's a really fond memory for me, so if I'm relaxing around the house, I'll throw it on occasionally.
  • @thefuturemrssick you keep commenting on posts that are weeks and months old.  No need to add to it...
  • @BMoreBride6 I'm not the only one still commenting on it. And she never said that she found any so I was just trying to be helpful. There's no need to comment on my comment. It's a public forum, so if I wanted to comment on something that's 6 months old, I could. There's no harm if I'm trying to be helpful.
  • @BMoreBride6 I'm not the only one still commenting on it. And she never said that she found any so I was just trying to be helpful. There's no need to comment on my comment. It's a public forum, so if I wanted to comment on something that's 6 months old, I could. There's no harm if I'm trying to be helpful.
    Actually no, only one person posted after you did and that only happened because when you posted, it jumped the board back up to the top of the board.  We call them zombie threads...
  • My bad. Didn't even realize how old the original post was; I just saw it at the top of the board and responded.
  • My bad. Didn't even realize how old the original post was; I just saw it at the top of the board and responded.
    hahaha my point exactly!  zombie threads!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards