March 2014 Weddings

Not liking USPS right now.

Not one day but 2 days of NO mail delivery.  No sign of the mailman what-so-ever, even after my girlfriend said she received mail on both days.  She lives around the corner and up 2 streets from me (same mailman and everything).  I get that we got slammed with a nor'easter on Thursday.  I understand that it could delay delivery of mail.  But it's not an excuse to deliver to my friend, but not to me (or my neighbors).  I also understand if there is no mail to be delivered on one day.  The mailman still walks by the house like he's going to drop mail off, checks our mailbox to see if anything is going out (which there IS!) and goes on to the next house.  He didn't show 2 days in a row.  He didn't park in front of the house (like he always does) to do his mail route.  I would know if he was there because all 3 of my dogs would freak the heck out the second he pulls up (he gives them treats every time I'm home to collect the mail. It's really cute actually).  

When I called the post office - they assured me that mailman was in route with the mail and it would be delivered.  Nada.  He didn't show - but delivered mail 2 streets away?!  What gives.  There is no way a whole entire street (my street) didn't have mail to be delivered.  Especially ME! RSVP deadline is the 20th.  I've been told by 10 people they put their RSVP in the mail on Saturday.  It's now Saturday and I haven't gotten it yet.  WTF.  If there is no mail today I'm going to freak out!!!

Sorry for my rant, but numbers are due on the 28th and yes, I know I have time but I'd like to make the calls to people we hadn't heard from before then.  Argh!!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Michelle & Ronald
01/03/81
06/18/81
08/25/10
05/07/13
03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
image 40 are party poopers
image 0 awaiting reply
Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.

Re: Not liking USPS right now.

• I wonder if the governor declaring a state of emergency impacted the postal service? We haven't had mail delivery most of this week either. We got a package yesterday, but our USPS packages get dropped off by a different carrier than our regular mailman.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Nah.  State of NJ was in a state of emergency, but that hasn't stopped mail delivery before.  I have no clue what the deal is.  I have a feeling that the mailman just didn't want to be in the cold.  He's a little "older" but super sweet.  I've got my fingers crossed for a bunch of mail.  Not to mention, my rehearsal dinner invites have to go out TODAY (latest monday).  Oye.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • We just got our mail!  Only 1 rsvp in the pile, and the envelope was ripped.  

Like you, nobody else got mail on our street all week.  Maybe it's because the town I live in hardly ever plows my street. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards