Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Venue Help please. Ceremony & reception for 90-100 people, relatively inexpensive

I'm having trouble locating a venue.  I'm looking for an indoor venues for May 2015. We would like to hold the ceremony and reception in the same location and will have up to 100 people. Everything I am looking at is much larger than we need. Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks for your help. 

Re: Venue Help please. Ceremony & reception for 90-100 people, relatively inexpensive

• Are you looking for MPLS, SP, suburbs??
  • Anywhere in the Twin Cities. Hopefully not more than 30 minutes or so from Mpls or St Paul. 
  • Main Hall at Metro State

Wedding Black & White, Sepia
  • Thanks I'll take a look at it
  • edited March 2014

We just booked our reception at the 5120 Onyx Bar and Restaurant - they can house you for Ceremony, cocktails, and reception. I can't wait! They literally had the LOWEST food and beverage minimum I saw in the 15+ venues we toured!

ETA: I say they had the lowest food and beverage minimum not to sound like a total cheap a$$ but my FI and I are on a pretty low budget, and this place doesn't sacrifice any quality at all. It's gorgeous, the food is on point, and their event coordinator is a total sweetheart. That's all.

• The Snyder Auditorium at the MN Landscape Arboretum. It's a lovely space, and you wouldn't have to do a lot of decorating other than chair covers.
  • We are doing Elm Creek Park in Maple Grove! Its a great venue! Our wedding is this may and we are doing both the ceremony and reception here.

It can hold more than that, but i think it would fit 100 people perfectly! plenty of room to dance!

• Thanks everyone!  I will be checking out all the suggestions. I really appreciate it!
  • you can book sections of the main room(s) at Eagan Community Center, we're having ours there 10/2015 and having about 150 (give or take)
  • The Minnesota Humanities Center, near Lake Phalen in St. Paul. It's a pretty, historic building. You rent it by the hour and use their in-house caterers. You self stock the bar (which saves you a bundle).

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." -Robert Fulghum<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

• If you are still looking for a venue in Minneapolis, with about 100 guests, the Millennium Hotel Minneapolis would be great! It has a full windowed space that looks out onto the Twin Cities! Check it out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards