Outdoor Weddings

What is a fair price for an backyard wedding venue?

I know that it really depends on your ideal venue and your specific needs, but what is a price you would consider fair for a backyard wedding venue? The specific venue in question is a large estate and they can also provide planning, coordination, florals and decor. 

Thanks for your help!

Emily

Re: What is a fair price for an backyard wedding venue?

• That doesn't sound like a backyard wedding; that sounds like an estate wedding. They're pretty different. For example, my backyard wedding venue was free, because it was my in-laws' backyard! For what you're talking, I've seen them start at $5,000 just for the location rental, but I don't know where you are or how grand the venue is.
  • Right, I suppose it is less of a backyard wedding, and more of a private residence that hosts lots of weddings each year. I'm in Orange County, CA. 

• I would really depend on what they are going to include.  If they are including decor and flowers, it's going to go up.  Are they including chairs, tables?    I think it can range anywhere from $500.00 to $10,000.00 depending on what is included, location and number of guests.
  • Yeah, it's hard to come up with a figure without knowing more about it. I am getting married at a place that's kind of similar sounding, and they have $750 in rental fees and a $6500 food/beverage minimum for the reception area I want. Another place I looked at is $10,000 but that is including food, decor, coordinating, and some other things- not booze though, so not very affordable IMO. 

I was kind of wondering this too, for a real backyard. I was thinking of trying to find someone pretty much with a big field to let me have a wedding on it. But I kind of figured by the time I gave them a fair price and rented a tent, chairs, etc that it would actually be really expensive. 

I've looked at parks that range from $500-$700, not too bad, but then you have to rent chairs for $3.50+ each, and then you have to pay the rental company for setup fees... there's just a lot to factor in. 
  • We're doing a small backyard wedding on Flathead Lake in Montana. We ended up having to rent a house for the week to do so, which cost about 5k. We'll obviously be staying there, along with my parents & sister's fam, so it's double dipping as venue AND lodging, which I think is a smokin' deal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I live in Southern CA, too, OP and I think you'll find a wide range in prices. Estate weddings in my area run $10,000 - $25,000 just to rent the space from what I found. Granted, we didn't look into that option for very long since we had a total budget of about $30,000 so it wasn't do-able for us. There were a few that I would not consider "estates" that were closer to the $5,000 - $7,000 range for the space alone. Hopefully others can chime in with other budget friendly opinions if that is out of your budget.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards