Not Engaged Yet

OLW

Re: OLW

• Dear job I'm about to go interview for,

Please surprise me and be offering a salary that meets my needs. I really would LOVE to be a part of your company, and I will work my butt off to move up the ranks.

XOXO,
    Candidate,
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @KeptInStitches - Thank you so much!

@Peaseblossom55 - H and I were considering doing Mexico to see some of the ruins there. Maybe I'll put that suggestion back on the table. 

@lmhollister - Oh no! I hope she's ok! 

@minskat30 - Are you guys go-go-go/beachy/combo people? H and I went on a cruise a few years ago and we had a great time. I was thinking about Hawaii also, but I think I'd rather do that when we have a bit more time to spend since it takes so long to get there. I CANNOT believe we're already coming up on a year. How crazy, right?!

• @swazzle we didn't look at Mexico really except for Cabo but we wanted more to do than just sitting on the beach, when are you planning to travel?

Anniversary

• Dear job I'm about to go interview for,

Please surprise me and be offering a salary that meets my needs. I really would LOVE to be a part of your company, and I will work my butt off to move up the ranks.

XOXO,
    Candidate,
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @Swazzle She's acting totally normal now but she has to have eye drops a few times a day to prevent infection. Poor dog needs to have a set of brakes installed...or maybe we just need to get her a pair of Doggles to wear full-time.

• @Peaseblossom55 - I'm planning it for our anniversary. My cousin is getting married on May 1st (yes, a Thursday) so I'm thinking Friday, May 2nd through Saturday, May 10th. 

• @Hummingbird125 - KICK ASS, LADY!!!!!

• @hummingbird125 good luck on the interview

@swazzle- something to keep in mind mid May is the start of rainy season for Costa Rica/ Belize that area.  We didn't care too much and we didn't want to push it back until after November either.  Not sure if it's the same with Mexico.

@BriSox81 Squee ring shopping!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!!!

Anniversary

• @brisox81,

RING SHOPPING THIS WEEKEND?????? I'M JUMPING UP AND DOWN AT MY DESK LIKE A LUNATIC!!!!!!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @Peaseblossom55 - Thanks for the heads up! My CW went at the end of May and she said it didn't rain at all when she was there. That early in the season, I think we'd luck out. 

• @swazzle, yea it's still very early in the season at that point.  I just wanted to bring it up!  I'm hoping we luck out for most of our trip!

Anniversary

• Ollie08Ollie08 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2014
  • @BriSox81 - SQUEE!!! Ring shopping!!! That is so exciting!

Happy Dance

• Dear internet friends,
    I want to be GIFed. Is that weird?
    -Tuarceatha

• @Swazzle - Honestly, after this year I think we are just looking to sit on a beach.  I'm sure we will be boring and just go back to Mexico but it does sound heavenly right now.
  • minskat30 said:
    @Swazzle - Honestly, after this year I think we are just looking to sit on a beach.  I'm sure we will be boring and just go back to Mexico but it does sound heavenly right now.
    Why don't you look into somewhere in the Caribbean? The Bahamas or Jamaica or Dominican Republic can be really reasonable!

• @Swazzle - Carribbean might be nice.  I didn't really care for Jamaica when I went but some random island would be good.  :)

• @ollie08 and @irishdreamer my bday is in my too!! But my wedding is April 12 so NO g2gs that day!!!

Also dear face,

You are stupid. I'm subbing middle school tomorrow and have three ginormous zits and feel like I'm back in puberty.

-my skin is stupid

Dear kiddos tomorrow,

You better be good. Your comrades were only okay last Friday.

-much better at teaching than subbing
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • CLoGreenEyesCLoGreenEyes member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2014

@brisox81 YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! TOO EXCITING!

Yes, all caps was necessary.

Dear @phira,

Thanks to your obsession with spice cake, I just made one. It is amazing.

Thanks for the inspiration,

CLo

Dear self,

We need to stop eating like a four-year-old. Chicken fingers and fries are just not acceptable cuisine for you at this point in your life.

Pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaase start craving celery,

Yourself

Dear little dude I took care of in clinical today,

I'm sorry your medicine was yucky. :( But you were a champ about taking it, and you're gonna feel so much better soon! Crossing my fingers for you that you get to go home this afternoon.

Hugs,

Your student nurse who thought you were a sweetie, despite you tearing up every time I came in the room after I gave you your antibiotic

Dear throat,

Whatever this is with the scratchiness and the dryness and the coughing and stuff? Yeah, that's gotta go. That's unacceptable.

No love,

Woman who CANNOT get sick right now and has been feeling rather funny all day

Dear board of cute clothes I've been building on Pinterest,

Please materialize in my closet ASAP.

Love,

I have scrubs, sweats, and sneakers

• Dear @phira,

I had spice cake for dessert at lunch today. And it was glorious. Be jealous.

Stitches
  • @KeptInStitches JEALOUUUUSSSS ahhhh!

@BriSox81 YAY!!!

Dear neighbors with a baby,

Why are you ALSO the neighbors who play music so loud, with the bass so high, that we can hear it even though your apartment is not above, below, or next to ours?

Basically, shut up, stop it, how are you even alive because you are so stupid.

---------------

Dear GI doc,

Every time I've seen you for the past few months, I've asked you to reduce my dosage of this really powerful treatment. Last night, I had my latest infusion. I was unable to get out of bed until 3pm because I am so exhausted from it. This can't keep happening. I'm in remission now; can't we reduce the dose and frequency so I'm on a more typical dose?

Oh wait, I forgot--I have rights as a patient! Gee, ain't that interesting?
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @phira's GI doc, get with the program. This is ridiculous.

@peaseblossom55 and @swazzle may - nov is hurricane season. Think that's what rainy season means? In Florida it tends to rain really hard for like 35 min a day lol. Just don't be drivin then :) of course a hurricane is a different story, but you tend to have warnings (and flight cancellations) beforehand. Have all the fun!!
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @Blue I mean, I get why he's been cautious. I was sick for a VERY long time, and he wanted me to stay in remission for a while (several months) before changing my treatment. Now is about when he'd suggested we could reduce the treatment, so I'm really going to push for it.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @phira oh I get why all GI docs are cautious :)  It's one of the scariest docs to go to, IMO, because you have SO LITTLE CONTROL of your life before you know what's wrong.  Ya know?  Well yea, of course you know.  I credit my GI doc up in VA with my health right now.  I love him.
  • Dear February,

Fuck you. Fuck you and everything you stand for. 

Fuck off,
    exhausted, hurt, raw, and over it

--------------------------------

Dear new car,

Yes, I love you, but I wish I didn't have to need you. You've been good to me so far. Let not wrap ourselves around a pole, yes?

Love,
    your new owner

---------------------------------

Dear H,

Thanks for being understanding. I know your feelings are really really hurt and you're incredibly angry with my mom, but she's my mom. I can't be mad at her forever and at some point I just have to let it go. You'll learn. 

She wants you to be the son she never had. She wants to take credit for the woman I've become. I don't want her to feel like a failure. She's my mom.

Love,
    confused daughter and hurting wife
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • @andrewuh *hugs* sounds like you need a few.
  • Thanks @blue. This month has been the suck. There have been some really great things that happened, but overall, it's been awful.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards