Snarky Brides

(…)

2»

Re: (…)

• Wowie.  $40K or $70 for a wedding!!  Sorry.  Not judging...but maybe a little jealous.  ;)
    We're keeping ours under $10K.  It's tough, but we've still managed to do everything we want, so it'll be perfect.  I was in a wedding about 10 years ago that cost $30K.  Last I heard, they were still paying it off.  That, to me, is crazy and going too far.  If you can afford it, have at it.
  • Wowie.  $40K or $70 for a wedding!!  Sorry.  Not judging...but maybe a little jealous.  ;)
    We're keeping ours under $10K.  It's tough, but we've still managed to do everything we want, so it'll be perfect.  I was in a wedding about 10 years ago that cost $30K.  Last I heard, they were still paying it off.  That, to me, is crazy and going too far.  If you can afford it, have at it.
    The problem here isn't the original budget-- it's that they went into debt for it.   Our budget is about $30-35k and we will be paying cash.  We're having a long engagement so we can save up the money before the wedding, instead of taking out a loan and paying interest on it later.  Not a problem as far as I am concerned.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

The problem here isn't the original budget-- it's that they went into debt for it.   Our budget is about $30-35k and we will be paying cash.  We're having a long engagement so we can save up the money before the wedding, instead of taking out a loan and paying interest on it later.  Not a problem as far as I am concerned.  
    That was my point exactly.  If you can afford a $100K, you go right ahead.  I'm just a little shocked that they went way beyond what they could afford.
  • sarahufl said:
    Can someone please explain why anyone but me, FI and my parents should care what I spend on a wedding?
    Agreed. And parents only get a say if they're contributing. My FMIL likes to tell me I'm throwing away my money by spending "so much"-aka anything over $7k. Only those spending the money get the opinion.
  • abbyj700 said:
    sarahufl said:
    Can someone please explain why anyone but me, FI and my parents should care what I spend on a wedding?
    Agreed. And parents only get a say if they're contributing. My FMIL likes to tell me I'm throwing away my money by spending "so much"-aka anything over $7k. Only those spending the money get the opinion.
    Yep, notice I left off FI's parents. They aren't paying, so they dont get to ask either.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards