Wedding Party
Options

Two Colors for BM Dresses?

The colors for our wedding are blue and green and I was considering have two bridesmaids (my sisters) wear green dresses and three bridesmaids (my friends) wear blue dresses in clover and cornflower respectively. (See attached). Does this seem too chaotic or tacky? All of the bridesmaids fit into the same style of dress which is wonderful and I was hoping to use the attached two shades and to let the girls choose their own shoes (preferably silver). I was curious whether or not posters think this can cohesively go together well? Thanks!

Re: Two Colors for BM Dresses?

• Options
    The dresses are very cute, but I don't personally like the two colors together.

The blue seems too bright, although the actual fabric swatch might look better with the actual fabric green.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    I think those two colors look lovely together.

My only concern is that by dividing the colors between sisters and friends, your friends may feel they are being differentiated, or second tier BMs or something.  How do you plan to have your BMs process down the aisle?  Maybe choose the colors based on blue/green/blue/green down the aisle.  Or just talk to your BMs and see which BM thinks the color would look best on her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    @PrettyGirlLost - you are absolutely right, the blue looks too bright in the photo. The fabric swatches, though, are much closer in color/tone. 

@JCBride2014 - I can completely appreciate your concern. I actually asked what colors the bridemaids would prefer. My friends are two brunettes and a blonde and they requested the blue. One of my sisters has red hair and would much prefer the green; my other sister is ambivalent and doesn't mind either color. I was going to alternate the colors going down the aisle as you've suggested. blue/green/blue/green/blue - I do think it will help to keep a balance.

Thanks for the suggestions!
  • Options
    I love blue and green! (I did royal blue and apple green!). I am personally not a huge fan of 2 different colors for dresses, but think these colors would work if that is the look you want, Just another thought - what about blue dresses and green flowers or vice versa?

Anniversary
  • Options
    JaxInBlueJaxInBlue member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2014
    We went with the same dress, two different shades of blue. It's a bit different than two different colors, but I think it can look nice.  My sister (the MOH) wore the lighter shade.  Here's a pic from our getting ready to leave:

IMO, the key is making sure the colors aren't competing too much. 

Edited since the picture posted twice.
    Anniversary

• Options
    My cousin did MOH and FG in one color and the BMs in another color.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I support this plan! When I was growing up, my plan was always to do this with a blue and green wedding!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I think two different colours for the dresses can work.  Examples:
    imageimage
  • Options
    I like it.  Another though is if each girl gets there own shade from blue to green and then they're all different!  If the three fgirls perfer the blue, one sister green and the other indifferent then go for it!
  • Options
    My personal opinion seems to differ from most here. While non matching dresses don't offend my sensibilities, I don't think those two swatch colors compliment each other very well. I honestly think they clash.

@PrettyGirlLost - you are absolutely right, the blue looks too bright in the photo. The fabric swatches, though, are much closer in color/tone. 

@JCBride2014 - I can completely appreciate your concern. I actually asked what colors the bridemaids would prefer. My friends are two brunettes and a blonde and they requested the blue. One of my sisters has red hair and would much prefer the green; my other sister is ambivalent and doesn't mind either color. I was going to alternate the colors going down the aisle as you've suggested. blue/green/blue/green/blue - I do think it will help to keep a balance.

Thanks for the suggestions!

• Options
    flyingfoxesflyingfoxes member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2014
    I'm doing two different colors, Oasis and Punch from David's Bridal.  2 of each - same style dress. 

• Options
    I'm also jumping on the bandwagon to support your multiple color choices. I have 6 ladies in my WP, and 3 colors for the BM dresses; I'm in love with that ombre idea - similar to the last photo that doeydo posted! We're doing all shades or lilac/purple.

Thumbs up for the multi-color idea!
  • Options
    I am doing two different colors for my WP my MOH is in one kind of dress in black and my BM are in a different dress in red. So I don't see a problem with doing two or more different colors in you WP as long as you think it looks good together, my one suggestion would be if you could see both color dresses side by side on the girls who are going to wear them this way when you tell your WP that's what you want your 100% sure.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards