Snarky Brides

14 Weeks....

Ahead for an invitation???? With the RSVP due 5 weeks before the wedding.  No, I have not done this, but I received one today. Both FI and I are in the wedding so obviously we know what we are doing 14 weeks from now, and the Bride's rationale was "peace of mind from an early head count".  Yeah, I seriously doubt that will happen. Also, neither of their last name's have been on the STD or the invitation (they listed themselves as hosts on the invite), is that weird to anyone else?

Oh, and the registry info was included with the invitation.  (This is the same friend who is making people sit on blankets, asked for money & gift cards on the wedding website, continued to spell my FI's name wrong even though they've known each other 10+ years, and on and on...can't wait to see how the day comes out!)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 14 Weeks....

• Yikes! This sounds like she is asking for trouble. A LOT can happen in 5 weeks. Yes she will get a general idea of how many people are PLANNING on coming (maybe) but I am willing to bet she is in for a shock when people can't make it or people suddenly can make it and her count starts changing. I am not even going to touch the asking for money or including registries, etc. Keep us updated!
  • I got an invite 18 weeks before.... it was a close friend so I already had planned on going when the STD came. But I remembered thinking it seemed crazy early!

Anniversary
  • PolarBearFitzPolarBearFitz member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2014
    I stupidly forgot to put FI's last name on the STDs. Unfortunately they are printed and nothing we can do about it now. So off they are going.

The rest of that is just icky. What poor etiquette.
  • She probably had to do it that early to give attendees enough time to select a wedding-worthy blanket to sit on during the ceremony. 
  • ElcaB said:
    She probably had to do it that early to give attendees enough time to select a wedding-worthy blanket to sit on during the ceremony. 
    Silly me, obviously that's why!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards