Not Engaged Yet
Options

Under the Dress

ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
edited February 2014 in Not Engaged Yet
What did you wear, or what will you wear, under your wedding dress?  When I tried on dresses at DB they gave me this bustier thingy to wear when trying on dresses so I'm wondering if I should buy one from DB or somewhere else.  Does anyone have a certain website, store, or brand they used? I want something that's gonna suck me in a little at the waist and hips and perk the girlies up.
Anniversary

Re: Under the Dress

• Options
    I have yet to order my dress - I know the dress I'm going to get, just waiting for my appointment to order it.  When I tried on, I asked her the same thing and she recommended having cups sewn in (my dress will have a corset back which she said should give the the structure/support I'm looking for). 

Anniversary
  • Options
    I wore something like this, only it was to my knees.  I lost weight the week of the wedding so we ended up putting in boob inserts because that's where I lost the weight!!  LINK

H had to help me get out of it.  it was not romantic.  at all. 
  • Options
    I have to get a long-line bra. I would suggest NOT going to DB because they're cheaper and better elsewhere. I have a larger bra size so I have to go to a place a few towns over for a long line bra there. I'm supposed to wear a slip, but I don't want my dress too poufy.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    I wore a long line bra and my seamstress sewed the whole thing into my dress so I didn't have to worry about it showing at all underneath. I'm extremely busty so I needed something that was very supportive and also wanted something to help keep my tummy from looking poochy. My bra had ribbing in it and it was perfect. 

And then I just wore a blue Hanky Panky thong that my MOH gave me. 

• Options
    @cocobellaf that picture is really similar to what they had me wear at DB. It might be the same thing actually!
    Anniversary

• Options

@Swazzle This sounds like a really good idea! I was definitely planning on buying some sort of long-line bra from somewhere like Linda the Bra Lady because I've seen her website thrown around a lot on here. She has a lot of options for larger cup sizes so I was thinking of buying a couple once my dress comes in and seeing how the fitting goes from there. I like the idea of sewing the bra into the dress...my biggest worry is it somehow showing!

As far as undies...I have no idea yet...probably just a regular thong unless I get something special during my bachelorette.

• Options
    I'm glad I asked this question on here because I had no idea what a long-line bra was!
    Anniversary

• Options
    I am having cups sewn into the dress, I'm not big so I don't need any real support for the girls.  I am just wearing blue underwear as my something blue.

Anniversary

• Options
    I had cups sewn into my dress and didn't wear any additional bra. I really questioned it that would work because I'm a DD and didn't want to be falling out of my dress. My seamstress was amazing and I didn't regret my decision at all. Plus, I wasn't too hot which was nice since we had an outdoor wedding. If you put the money into your seamstress, you may not need a fancy, expensive bra.
  • Options
    I'm not sure what I'm doing yet; it'll really depend on what kind of shape I am in when I go to my first fitting.

I'm either going to wear a long-line bra/bustier or I'm going to have cups sewn in. While cups sewn in is the thing that's been most recommended, if I have to have the dress significantly taken in, then I'd rather just have a bra on underneath instead of doing major alterations. My dress is very complicated and sparkly and the fewer alterations we have to do, the better.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    I'm doing the long line bra.  I never thought about having it sewn into my dress.  I might ask my alterations lady about that if she ever calls me back.  She was supposed to call Wednesday. 
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards