• Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Not Engaged Yet

Under the Dress

ShallowSeasShallowSeas Indianapolis, IN member
Fifth Anniversary 1000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
edited February 2014 in Not Engaged Yet
What did you wear, or what will you wear, under your wedding dress?  When I tried on dresses at DB they gave me this bustier thingy to wear when trying on dresses so I'm wondering if I should buy one from DB or somewhere else.  Does anyone have a certain website, store, or brand they used? I want something that's gonna suck me in a little at the waist and hips and perk the girlies up.
Anniversary

Re: Under the Dress

• Dignity100Dignity100 Northeastern Ohio member
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    I have yet to order my dress - I know the dress I'm going to get, just waiting for my appointment to order it.  When I tried on, I asked her the same thing and she recommended having cups sewn in (my dress will have a corset back which she said should give the the structure/support I'm looking for). 

Anniversary
  • I wore something like this, only it was to my knees.  I lost weight the week of the wedding so we ended up putting in boob inserts because that's where I lost the weight!!  LINK

H had to help me get out of it.  it was not romantic.  at all. 
  • I have to get a long-line bra. I would suggest NOT going to DB because they're cheaper and better elsewhere. I have a larger bra size so I have to go to a place a few towns over for a long line bra there. I'm supposed to wear a slip, but I don't want my dress too poufy.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • SwazzleSwazzle New Jersey member
    10000 Comments Seventh Anniversary 500 Love Its First Answer
    I wore a long line bra and my seamstress sewed the whole thing into my dress so I didn't have to worry about it showing at all underneath. I'm extremely busty so I needed something that was very supportive and also wanted something to help keep my tummy from looking poochy. My bra had ribbing in it and it was perfect. 

And then I just wore a blue Hanky Panky thong that my MOH gave me. 

• ShallowSeasShallowSeas Indianapolis, IN member
    @cocobellaf that picture is really similar to what they had me wear at DB. It might be the same thing actually!
    Anniversary

• labrolabro Hotlanta member
    5000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 500 Love Its 5 Answers

@Swazzle This sounds like a really good idea! I was definitely planning on buying some sort of long-line bra from somewhere like Linda the Bra Lady because I've seen her website thrown around a lot on here. She has a lot of options for larger cup sizes so I was thinking of buying a couple once my dress comes in and seeing how the fitting goes from there. I like the idea of sewing the bra into the dress...my biggest worry is it somehow showing!

As far as undies...I have no idea yet...probably just a regular thong unless I get something special during my bachelorette.

Swazzle
  • ShallowSeasShallowSeas Indianapolis, IN member
    I'm glad I asked this question on here because I had no idea what a long-line bra was!
    Anniversary

• I am having cups sewn into the dress, I'm not big so I don't need any real support for the girls.  I am just wearing blue underwear as my something blue.

Anniversary

• I had cups sewn into my dress and didn't wear any additional bra. I really questioned it that would work because I'm a DD and didn't want to be falling out of my dress. My seamstress was amazing and I didn't regret my decision at all. Plus, I wasn't too hot which was nice since we had an outdoor wedding. If you put the money into your seamstress, you may not need a fancy, expensive bra.

Married 6.22.13

Image and video hosting by TinyPic      Image and video hosting by TinyPic      Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• phiraphira Bahstin member
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary 5 Answers
    I'm not sure what I'm doing yet; it'll really depend on what kind of shape I am in when I go to my first fitting.

I'm either going to wear a long-line bra/bustier or I'm going to have cups sewn in. While cups sewn in is the thing that's been most recommended, if I have to have the dress significantly taken in, then I'd rather just have a bra on underneath instead of doing major alterations. My dress is very complicated and sparkly and the fewer alterations we have to do, the better.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • I'm doing the long line bra.  I never thought about having it sewn into my dress.  I might ask my alterations lady about that if she ever calls me back.  She was supposed to call Wednesday. 
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards