Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Dress Shopping?

I want to go dress shopping within the next month or so, and I don't really have any idea where to go. I don't want to spend more than $2,000 on it. One friend told me to try One Enchanted Evening in Wexford, but other than that I'm not sure what is around here. (I live in Cranberry)

Thanks!

Re: Dress Shopping?

• Mary's in beaver falls. Sandy is great and alterations are included in the price of your dress. I can pm you their number if you want.
  • I know some people don't like David's Bridal, but I found my dream dress there for $159! It was marked down from $1000. My best friend got a ballgown there for $99, too.
  • I found my dress at Michael's Bridal on Perry Hwy (Route 19). I also shopped at Esquisite Bridal on Route 8 and had a great experience there too. I tried on probably 50 dresses between the 2 places and not a single one was over $2,000.
  • DB is horrible, in my opinion.  They gave my number out to everyone and they never left me alone.
    I went with Mary's in Beaver Falls.
    Also, Deborah's in Monaca is great. I almost went with them, but I found "THE ONE" at Mary's.  Those 2 places offer free alterations, btw, and I know for sure, that Deborah's offers a discount on bridesmaids dresses, but I'm not sure about Mary's? I forgot to ask because I was super excited to find my dress there and try it on ;)

• I had the same experience with Davids. 
    I live in cranberry too…  got my dress at Exquisite Bride on Rt 8.
  • DB is horrible, in my opinion.  They gave my number out to everyone and they never left me alone.

I went with Mary's in Beaver Falls.
    Also, Deborah's in Monaca is great. I almost went with them, but I found "THE ONE" at Mary's.  Those 2 places offer free alterations, btw, and I know for sure, that Deborah's offers a discount on bridesmaids dresses, but I'm not sure about Mary's? I forgot to ask because I was super excited to find my dress there and try it on ;)

Marys will give you 10% off your bm dresses and i thunk mother of the bride not sure for mother of the grom.

• I got mine at David's it was $1400 for my dress veil headpiece and slip which was a pleasant surprise since my dad was planning on spending like $2000 for the dress alone. I had a wonderful experience and i would recommend it to anyone. but I went to the location in Wilkes-barre which is a hike from Pittsburgh, but I currently live in New York so I met my parents there since it was kind of in the middle. they were awesome though!
  • There's also MB Bride in Greensburg.  They have a HUGE selection, with dresses for all sorts of budgets.  It's a little bit of a drive from Cranberry/Wexford, but you'd have a ton of options.
    image 108 invited.
    image 95 will be celebrating with us.
    image 13 will be there in spirit...
    (including the uninvited cousins who
    RSVP-ed and then cancelled after 
    realizing that it wasn't a great time
    to travel to our city....) 
    image 0 are keeping us guessing!

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I got my dress at Alfred Angelo on McKnight Road. They were nice and really affordable.  All dresses under 2000.00

• Ribbon in beaver is great! Read the reviews on one enchanted evening before spending a dime there!
  • Bridal Beginning in Mt Lebanon.  
  • I'm headed to Sorelle in the South hills because I got a $50 off coupon at a bridal show and figured I would give it at least a look. I will post back with my experience in a few months, but does anyone have any experience there?
  • I will second MB Bride in Greensburg.  I went on a Wednesday and basically had the dress area to myself.  I had the chance to walk around, look at many styles, and really focus on what I wanted. When I finally found "the one" I kept it on for 90 min and walked around the store and just had a fun day.  Absolutely fantastic service and alterations included. 
  • cdemotte said:
    I got my dress at Alfred Angelo on McKnight Road. They were nice and really affordable.  All dresses under 2000.00

I second Alfred Angelo's. They also have some good sales. I got my dress on sale and they offer BM dress discounts as well as discounts for you for accessories (I got my veil, skirt, and corset all for 20% off)
  • I got my dress at Bridal Beginnings for under $1000, and they had plenty to show me with my budget of $1500.  However, since then, I've heard a few horror stories about their alterations and I am opting to do mine elsewhere.

I grew up near Beaver Falls, and have bought several prom/bridesmaids dresses from Mary's. They do discount the bridesmaids 10%.  Always had a good experience and great alterations.  I most likely would have ended up at Mary's if I hadn't found my dress so quickly at BB.
  • I got my dress at Arnella's in Herman.  Not sure if you've ever heard of it, but she's very reasonably priced.  I got my dress for $600 (with the veil, headpiece, and tax it came to $900).  Here is her website if you haven't found your gown yet http://arnellas.com/  Good luck :o)

• Just to comment on Bridal Beginning alterations dept---my wedding is next weekend so I have very recently dealt with alterations.  They've been great!   Had 2 fittings, I pick up the dress next Thursday.  I've been very happy them throughout the process.  
  • I had the same experience as @kjvaracalli.  My alterations have gone smoothly thus far.  I'll pick the dress up for the last time on 3/17, but they've assured me that, if there are issues, they can work on it the week of the wedding.
    image 108 invited.
    image 95 will be celebrating with us.
    image 13 will be there in spirit...
    (including the uninvited cousins who
    RSVP-ed and then cancelled after 
    realizing that it wasn't a great time
    to travel to our city....) 
    image 0 are keeping us guessing!

• Thanks for the feedback.  I have two girlfriends with not so good experience and I'm out of town, so I decided not to risk it.  Glad things went smoothly for you!
  • Bridal Beginning in Mt Lebanon.  
    @kjvaracalli Me too!  Show me your dress!!!!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• I got my dress at Bridal Beginnings for under $1000, and they had plenty to show me with my budget of $1500.  However, since then, I've heard a few horror stories about their alterations and I am opting to do mine elsewhere.

I grew up near Beaver Falls, and have bought several prom/bridesmaids dresses from Mary's. They do discount the bridesmaids 10%.  Always had a good experience and great alterations.  I most likely would have ended up at Mary's if I hadn't found my dress so quickly at BB.
    The only negative I have ever heard was that they were really expensive BUT their seamstresses supposedly are awesome and your dress ends up fitting as if it truly was custom made to order for you.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• @prettygirllost---Maggie Sottero Sydney!   Pick it up tomorrow!!
  • I got my dress at Alfred Angelo on McKnight Road in North Hills. I loved it there. They were not pushy and the dresses were reasonably priced.  I would recommend them.
  • I work at Davids Bridal and would be happy to help you in your dress search.  On McKnight Rd, we have nothing in the store over $1600.  Once you are a DB Bride, you will get $20 off bridesmaids (as well as cocktail dresses for you) and moms as well as discounts on shoes, Juniors, and Flower Girls.  

Stop in and see me!
  • I ended up finding my dress at Bridal Beginnings! It was an awesome experience, and even though I spent a little bit more than I had planned, my dress is perfect!!! 

Thanks for everyone's advice!
  • Though it looks like you've already found a great dress, if other ladies are reading this in the future -- I adore Glitter and Grit in Pittsburgh (Lawrenceville neighborhood). Unfortunately, I bought my dress in Minneapolis (where I live right now), but on a recent vacation I did an accessories consult at Glitter and Grit, and I had to use every ounce of restraint not to try on one of the gorgeous gowns!
  • I loved Glitter and Grit, it was a great place to go to try on dresses with my girls...but ultimately I wanted a Claire Pettibone dress and needed to go to Philadelphia. If you're interested in traveling, Nicole Bridal is amazing to work with.
  • Glitter and Grit in Lawrenceville was the only place (among places I visited in Pittsburgh and Toronto) that had dresses that really fit what I was looking for (i.e., simple, classy, vintage, suitable for an outdoor summer wedding). Erin provides very personal service in her beautiful space and stocks dresses from smaller designers as well as some mainstream ones (like Nicole Miller). I am very particular about fabric, and I was pleased to find a shop that wasn't full of polyester. I imagine the average price in the shop is between $1500 and $2000. Definitely come here to find dresses you won't be able to find anywhere else in the region.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards