Not Engaged Yet

Thank God it's Friday!!!

I'm excited it's Friday!! It's jeans day at work, then afterwards the girls from the office are going out for drinks.

Tomorrow bfs daughter has a track meet and then we have to haul ass to his sons two football games.

Sunday I plan on ripping out the front flower beds. I have to redo them completely. His house used to be a rental and no one took care of them, so they're filled with weeds an icky sand/mulch

What do you ladies have planned

Re: Thank God it's Friday!!!

• Morning and happy Friday!

Tonight, I plan to work out, cook dinner, and then relax on the couch for the rest of the night.

Tomorrow, I need to work out and then clean my apartment. I've been putting it off for too long. I also want to take Lucy for a long walk since it's going to be 50 degrees! Later in the day, I'm driving to PA for a girl's night/bachelorette party for my cousin. It's going to be so fun! If H doesn't have to work late, he's also coming and going out with the guys. 

Sunday, I/we will get up and drive home and then I have no plans! 

• TGIF!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so freaking happy the week is nearly over. I'm waiting to hear back on two offers submitted for houses (no, not for me, for clients). I hate going into the weekend without a response because then I'm thinking about it the whole weekend. The girls went to their dad's last night since they're off today for Rodeo Day, so I didn't have to get up until 8, but forgot to turn off my alarm and have been up since 6.

BF and I were hoping to go to the beach for a few hours tomorrow, but it looks like we're expecting rain. So we will play it by ear in the morning. And then we are coming home to clean and prep for painting our bedroom. And then we have a birthday party to go to at a bowling alley/bar/arcade place.

Sunday we're going to church and then who knows!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Survived the week!!!  YAY!!!

Tonight FI has poker so I'm just going to relax and catch up on my TV shows.

Tomorrow:  Run a couple errands and we're going to a minor league hockey game in the evening.
    Sunday:  No idea!

I'd like to just relax this weekend. 

Anniversary
  • Woo hoo Friday!!!!!!!!!

Tonight I have to work out, pack and wait for FI to get home so we can head up to my parents

Saturday I'm going to relax at my parent's house and play with their adorable puppy

Sunday we'll head back home and I'll do laundry

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @Ollie08 - What is 'Rodeo Day'?

@Dignity100 - What shows are you catching up on?

@Buddysmom80 - Puppy pictures, please! 

• @Swazzle - It's a holiday in my county. The county's annual rodeo is in February, usually the week of President's Day, and back in the day kids used to skip school to either watch or participate in the events. So the county decided to give students off for Rodeo Day instead of President's Day so that they can attend the rodeo in town. 

@buddysmom80 - PUPPIES!!! Pics please of this adorable pup you're going to snuggle with?

• edited February 2014
    tonight, we are hosting our small group at our house for dinner.  I'm going to rush home, get in my 70 minute Insanity workout (ALMOST DONE!), clean up, and then run around like crazy trying to get everything ready by 7.  I am making a strawberry cake from scratch (YUM!), and taco soup with corn bread for dinner. 

tomorrow, H and I are getting brunch (really, it'll be breakfast) at the Guatemalan place we really like and then doing our weekly grocery haul.  I think we're going to till the garden once more so I can plant my onion bulbs (texas sweet, yellow, and white), spinach, lettuce, arugula, carrots, and peas.  YAY GARDENING!!  I also want to try and get a fur-cut in for my pups with my mom.  she helps me trim their fur.  it is SO LONG right now, it'll probably take forever to get their fur cut.

besides that, I don't have too many plans.  hopefully I'll catch up on my sleep this weekend... this past week has been awful!

ETA:  we are dropping off our taxes to be done on Saturday.  crossing my fingers and toes that we somehow get a giant refund to pay for our $3000+ car repairs and maintenance coming up in the next two or three months.
  • Question: My cousin, K, is hosting a girl's night/bachelorette party thing for my other cousin (her sister), A, tomorrow night. It'll just be all of the girl cousins and aunts in the family hanging out at K's house and since there'll be plenty of booze flowing, we're all staying over. I asked twice what I can bring (I suggested wine, beer, champagne, snacks, etc) and K told me both times they have everything covered and to just bring myself. I have A's shower gift since I didn't make it last Saturday but I feel weird showing up with nothing. What would you do?

• @swazzle I'd bring a bottle of wine, but that's just me. Make sure it's wine you like in case they have nothing good to drink.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Oh thank goodness it's Friday! I don't know why, but it's felt like the longest week ever, and I've only worked 2 days so far, plus today. Go figure. I think it's these last weeks of being eager to meet the wee one that have me feeling like time is dragging.

Not much going on this weekend. Tonight will probably just be a chill and veg on the couch with a movie and my Bean. I really want to get in some one on one cuddling time before he becomes a big brother.

Tomorrow I'm driving a few towns south of me to pick up some chalk paint and supplies so that we/our handyman can paint the dresser! Hopefully I'll have pics for you next week! After that, there's a whole lotta nada to do. Oh wait...I still need to prep cloth diapers.

Sunday, painting the dresser, prepping cloth diapers, and vegging out. Next week I only work till Wednesday and then I'm going on Maternity Leave!

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @buddysmom80 beat me to it @Swazzle. Bring wine that you like in case the pickings are slim, or if you run out. But if they're anything like you, I'm sure there will be PLENTY of booze :-)

• @beanbot2002 - OMFG MATERNITY LEAVE!!!!!!!! It's soooo close! I'm so excited for you!

• Happy happy Friday!

Tonight BF and I have gaming, plus I'm planning to finish my KAL scarf - or at least the pattern portion. I might add fringe to it, but I'm not sure yet. I'll come AW and get opinions when the main body of the work's done.

Tomorrow is Saturday? Um ... more laundry. More cleaning. More playing with the cat. More Olympics. Try to get over to campus to practice piano because I definitely haven't done that since Monday. DVR "Growing Up Sherman" because that looks hilarious and I want to give it a try. Start organizing and sorting so not every drawer in my apartment looks like a junk drawer.

Sunday? Probably more of the same, less the piano if I get to campus on Saturday. If I'm really ambitious, I'll even take down the Christmas tree. Since I have a small one-bed apartment, it gets stored at my parents' house (they're really generous about space like that). I haven't been able to get down there, so it's still up. Even I'm starting to feel ridiculous.
  • @buddysmom80 - puppy pictures will be required by Monday!!!!

@Swazzle - I just checked my DVR, I have 2 Supernaturals that I haven't watched and I'm caught up on everything else - so maybe I'll just watch re-runs of 'say yes to the dress'.

Anniversary
  • @keptinstiches, I'm so behind on my KAL scarf. I keep it in my purse so if I'm stuck in traffic on our commuter shuttle I can work on it then, but apparently I can't handle two knitting projects at the same time (I'm working on a baby blanket now too). I'm going to try to bang some of it out on my way to NY tonight if I can convince FI to drive

@ollie08, @swazzle & @dignity100I can't find any puppy pictures on my computer, I'll post some tonight though! He's a golden retriever and so adorable!!!!

@beanbot2002 MATERNITY LEAVE!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!!!

Also, someone just said we're supposed to get a foot of snow here next weekend, this is bologna!!!!!! I'm so tired of the snow! Is it March yet? Also I'm a little jealous, I called my mom yesterday to wish her a happy birthday and the day after we get back from Europe my parents are heading down to Florida for 3 weeks. I want to go!!!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @beanbot2002 Share pics of the dresser when it's all painted! YAY maternity leave!!

Friday is work from home day so I'm making chicken curry in the slow cooker. Hopefully I'll be able to quit a little early and take the dog for a run at our local park and then maybe spend a little bit of time at the dog park afterwards.

Tomorrow FI and I have our first cake tasting. Yay! All the tasty things! I'm not really sure what to expect but no matter what I'm sure everything will taste delicious! Afterwards FI and I will probably spend the rest of Saturday and Sunday cleaning up the yard and working on our guest bathroom. The glue WILL NOT come off the walls and I'm about ready to just find a way to seal it and paint over it.

• @lmhollister do you have a link for the chicken curry recipe??? That sounds yummy!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @beanbot2002 - ZOMG MATERNITY LEAVE! He's going to be here SOOOO soon! 

@buddysmom80 and @Ollie08 - I will do that! I also just texted her and mentioned CAH so I'm bringing that with me as well :)

@KeptInStitches - How's the kitter doing?

• @buddysmom80- OMG golden retriever puppies....I just can't even control myself around them. I want them all!

@beanbot2002- Yay for Maternity Leave!!!! So close!

Tonight I'm going to CrossFit early and then I'm meeting up with one of my girlfriends for sushi.

Tomorrow H is going to go play frisbee golf with one of his boyfriends and I desperately need to clean my car and our bathrooms. That night we are going out for Mexican with his Dad, bro, and stepmom since we haven't seen them in over a month.

Sunday we are going to church and coming home to do some more cleaning. I also want to go to the park and run a 5K to see if I can improve on my previous time. That night we will probably have dinner with my parents as usual on Sunday nights.

• edited February 2014
    @buddysmom80, I hope you get to knit this evening!

@swazzle, kitter seems to be in good spirits. I gave her 1/2 of a mini can of wet food last night as well as her normal kibble allowance, plus I was able to find some teaser toys that held her interest. I also picked up some catnip to add to her existing toys. And I'm going to put a whole bunch of stuff away this weekend so when she sees her toys again, they'll be "new". The upshot is that last night I was able to play her into exhaustion twice (she napped with me for 1/2 hour, including a dream, mid-evening) and she was so full after dinner she wasn't fussy. She also was much slower with her kibble; usually she disarticulates her jaw, shovels her face across the bowl, and chews once. Last night she was pickier and choosier because she was already partly full.

ETA: And she let me sleep last night! I feel closer to human!
  • @buddysmom80 - @LivLeighton has been inspiring me with her amazing weight loss so I'm trying some stuff from the Whole 30 diet. I need to go grocery shopping in order to break in completely.

http://blog.stuffimakemyhusband.com/2012/02/ridiculously-easy-slow-cooker-chicken.html

• @Beanbot2002 - So close!  I'm excited for you!

@CocoBellaF - That cake sounds amazing...but then all the things you eat sound amazing.  :)

Today is work, working out and cleaning out a closet to try to get our place ready to sell.

Saturday is going to be a full day of closet cleaning and preping boxes for storage.  We are trying to sell our place and we have WAY too much stuff so we are going to get a small temporary storage and clear out everything we think we won't need for the next two months.  It will be exhausting and hopefully H and I won't kill each other.  :)

Sunday we are moving all those boxes to temporary storage, which will also be exhausting but we are going to get some guys to help.  And then we will crash and wonder where our weekend went!

• @beanbot2002, yay maternity leave!

@lmhollister, have so much fun tasting all the cake!

@TwoDimes, haha, your BF should NOT have done that if he wanted you to have the smallest chance of liking those movies. I love Star Wars, but I didn't get all six rammed into my brain at once! What does Star Wars Night even involve? Also, that's annoying that your parents have made you their technical expert. Is it a matter of them just not wanting to read directions and explore the stuff on their own, or are they truly helpless with new electronics?

So, apparently I will be sick this weekend. Which I guess is OK, because I don't have work or clinical, so I don't have to miss anything important. (Well, I do work tonight 3-11, but it's just at the reception desk, so it's not a tragedy.) But yeah, I'm anticipating some leisurely study time, movies, and reading the new Nicholas Sparks book (which may not even be that  new anymore, but shhhh).

Tomorrow I was hoping to offer my co-worker an evening of baby-sitting. She is an awesome lady and her family is going through so much right now; her husband has been fighting some rare form of cancer for years now, they have two young girls, and the cancer isn't responding to any of the treatments they try anymore. =/ So since I had the weekend off and they cancelled the last time I was going to watch the girls for them, I was hoping to offer Saturday evening in case they wanted to go out and just do something together. If I'm not nasty and coughing everywhere I'll still do it, but the last thing they need is even a minor illness floating around their house, so we'll see.

Sunday I have a study day planned with a friend, and then in the evening another friend and I are going to see a musical at a nearby dinner theater. I'm excited!

• @minskat30 - thanks!

@LivLeighton - LINK here (only I'm not using any food coloring, and I'm making it as a cake instead of cupcakes)

@beanbot2002 - you are so close!!!  how exciting!!
  • @CLoGreenEyes - I'm sorry to hear about your co-worker's husband but I think it is awesome of you to offer the night of babysitting. 

• @lmhollister thanks for the link, I'm going to pin that recipe right now!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!

This week has been awful. I need alcohol. My dress came in yesterday so I picked it up last night after work! I kinda just wanna sit around the apt all weekend it in. FI's aunt took us out to eat last night and told us that she will be paying for ALL the flowers for our wedding and doing the bouquets and bouts for us, FOR FREE as her wedding gift to us. I can't tell you how excited and appreciative I am for her to be doing this.

FI just called me and told me that he got a $350 bonus today at work!!!!!! I'm so happy for him!

We thought about going to see Pompeii in 3D tonight...not sure if we are or not.  I haven't really been in the mood lately to sit for 2+ hours to watch a movie.

Saturday afternoon we are going to Hobby Lobby to do some wedding shopping! That's my favorite thing to do right now.  They have a lot of the stuff we need 50% off this week.
    Anniversary

• @LivLeighton - This is a different cousin. 

@KeptInStitches - That's great!

@CLoGreenEyes - That's really sad about your coworker's husband. I hope you feel better!

@severmilli12 - What an amazing gift from your FI's aunt!! Congrats to your FI on the bonus!

@TwoDimes - Star Wars is not my thing either. After we booked the venue for our wedding and set the date, we found out we were getting married on Star Wars Day. I was not impressed. 

• @swazzle I would bring a bottle of wine or some fun type of liquor.

After work I'm heading to trader Joe's for a food run and a wine run.  Then I'm making a quick and easy dinner for us.  The rest of the night is just relaxing, it's my only day without rehearsal since my show opens next week.

Tomorrow I have rehearsal during the day and at night going out to celebrate my mom's birthday.  Sunday I have a 12 hour tech rehearsal, it will be a long exhausting day.  Not looking forward to it. I hope I am home in time for Walking Dead on Sunday but we'll see.

Anniversary

• @TwoDimes Precisely :)  That is what I will be looking like this weekend!
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards