Chit Chat
Options

How did you meet your significant other?

I met mines playing on Xbox 360 on Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare playing Undead Over run. fun game. lol. What a way to meet someone lol.

Also new here to the site hello :)

Re: How did you meet your significant other?

• Options
    Hello there..welcome to the site!!!
    My fiance was seeing my best friend when I met him. I was engaged at the time to someone else. As you can tell things worked out much better with me and him than the others!! Smile
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_how-did-you-meet-your-significant-other?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:79aaf364-2331-4fac-90d6-877e8ff5a5baPost:911b0f4b-f75f-4760-aac8-55a9b9aa6a94">Re: How did you meet your significant other?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello there..welcome to the site!!! My fiance was seeing my best friend when I met him. I was engaged at the time to someone else. As you can tell things worked out much better with me and him than the others!!
    Posted by jdvis1[/QUOTE]

Cool. thanks ^_^
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_how-did-you-meet-your-significant-other?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:79aaf364-2331-4fac-90d6-877e8ff5a5baPost:4dfd5db5-bf15-41f9-a184-86bf96387935">Re: How did you meet your significant other?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I met him when I was a bridesmaid in his first wedding.
    Posted by LucyHC[/QUOTE]

Thats cool he got to see you in a pretty dress
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_how-did-you-meet-your-significant-other?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:79aaf364-2331-4fac-90d6-877e8ff5a5baPost:e0961aac-2a75-42b5-aa22-421b2d1de551">Re: How did you meet your significant other?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I met FI at a party in college a month before we graduated.  He made out with my drunk friend.  We've been inseparable ever since.  (And my friend was not upset I took her guy of the moment.)   It turns out we had a ton of mutual friends and I used to go to parties in his apartment junior year.  
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

LOL This cracked me up. Thats good that there wasn't any disputes.
  • Options
    Hello! Mine stalked me on one of our mutal friends facebook page and wanted to hang out! After that we hung out all the time! 
  • Options
    I met my love on a Wednesday night in church, the summer before our 9th grade year. We have been together ever since :) Super excited to finallllyyyy be getting married!
    Im new to this site!
  • Options
    College - one of our freshman year classes was together.  He proposed, ten years later, outside that classroom. 
  • Options
    We met in college through mutual friends.
  • Options
    We met on eHarmony :)
  • Options
    We met in a bar.  Was supposed to be a one night stand since he lived in a totally different state and was only in town for work training.  But then we fell madly in love... :)
  • Options
    Match.com for us!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Me and my FH met when I was 16 and when he was 21. We both worked at Key Food together. I was the cashier and he was the frozen food boy! Lol! At the time of meeting we both had significant others. My senior year of high school we started to talk more and during that time I was ending my relationship with my bf at the time. After we broke up I knew I wanted to be with my FH so we started dating and we are working on 8 years together and are getting married on our 9 year anniversary!
  • Options
    FI and I met a few years before we started dating because we were in the same major in college (architecture). It was a close knit group, but I never thought twice about dating him until we went to Italy for a study abroad. We started dating in Florence, it was perfect. 6 years later we're still together (I wasn't sure we'd make it through the summer), and now we're planning a wedding!
    The Skinny Architect: www.skinnyarchitect.com
  • Options
    We met on Valentine's Day 2010 in his living room! His roommate and my roommate were dating and invited me to hang out with them at his place. He walked out out his bed room and gasped when he saw me. It was really sweet because he canceled his plans with his friends to hang out with me all night. We've been together ever since!
  • Options
    we met on Facebook!!  in the summer of 2008 we both joined a Facebook group for our college. I posted  saying my program and asking if anyone else was taking it. My fiance, and a few others, said they were so I added them all. We talked online through the summer and met in person when we volunteered in the campus gardens.  We went to see a movie together on October 28, 2008 and are getting married exactly 4 years after that:)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_how-did-you-meet-your-significant-other?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:79aaf364-2331-4fac-90d6-877e8ff5a5baPost:4dfd5db5-bf15-41f9-a184-86bf96387935">Re: How did you meet your significant other?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I met him when I was a bridesmaid in his first wedding.
    Posted by LucyHC[/QUOTE]

Wait, was he the groom? That's a pretty interesting meet-up lol.

I met DH online :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I met my FI online and we only talked for a few days before we actually met up. His bestfriend/roommate at the time actually saw my profile first and told FI he was going to "punch him" if he didn't message me. (Awesome friend, I know, haha).

I actually just found out a few months ago that FI was contemplating not talking to me after our initial meeting because, apparently, I "came on too strong."

Whatever, that's how I do things. :) And he's glad he did.
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We met online. I sent the first message and two weeks later we had our first date.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We met on eharomony.  We talked on line for about a week. Our first date was on 2.13.09 (Friday the 13th lol).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    blues28blues28 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I was a seasonal sales associate at Macy's for the holidays. Just a few days before Christmas and surprisingly  my department was dead. I saw a cute guy walking through and stopped him to talk. We exchanged phone numbers. It obviously worked out. 
    imageimage
  • Options
    We met at a bar :) My freshman year in college, his junior year. We had a lot of mutual friends since we both played soccer for the university we went to so they "kind of" helped introduce us!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The choir at church... 9 years later we reconnected via Twitter.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!
  • Options
    We went to high school together and had a couple classes but never spoke to one another. Apparently he always had a crush on me but I had a bf at the time and he was too scared to talk to me. We met up at a party the summer after freshman year of college and started dating. 7 1/2 years later and we are getting married next month!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image 190 Invited
    image 158 Are ready to party!
    image 32 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_how-did-you-meet-your-significant-other?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:79aaf364-2331-4fac-90d6-877e8ff5a5baPost:6c236a46-0f71-4743-888f-6e44d25304f7">Re: How did you meet your significant other?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello! Mine stalked me on one of our mutal friends facebook page and wanted to hang out! After that we hung out all the time! 
    Posted by BriannaMarie12[/QUOTE]

lol
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_how-did-you-meet-your-significant-other?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:79aaf364-2331-4fac-90d6-877e8ff5a5baPost:5bfe280e-a701-4dd2-bb75-d1bc27f079a3">Re: How did you meet your significant other?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I met my love on a Wednesday night in church, the summer before our 9th grade year. We have been together ever since :) Super excited to finallllyyyy be getting married! Im new to this site!
    Posted by MayMilitaryBride[/QUOTE]

Nice. And welcomed to the site too. i'm still trying to get the hang of it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_how-did-you-meet-your-significant-other?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:79aaf364-2331-4fac-90d6-877e8ff5a5baPost:9ea52f5a-b46a-4df8-bcb3-6d9b69781662">Re: How did you meet your significant other?</a>:
    [QUOTE]College - one of our freshman year classes was together.  He proposed, ten years later, outside that classroom. 
    Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]
    wow
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_how-did-you-meet-your-significant-other?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:79aaf364-2331-4fac-90d6-877e8ff5a5baPost:3484ed5f-d6ff-4f99-94bd-f99100b313ac">Re: How did you meet your significant other?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We met on eHarmony :)
    Posted by clcranda[/QUOTE]

Cool. Normally I hear that the online dating doesn't work (heard from people who have tried it) but thats awesome that you made it work for you.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_how-did-you-meet-your-significant-other?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:79aaf364-2331-4fac-90d6-877e8ff5a5baPost:a5fc3a63-dcbb-4c5e-8c00-1e4033360903">Re: How did you meet your significant other?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We met in a bar.  Was supposed to be a one night stand since he lived in a totally different state and was only in town for work training.  But then we fell madly in love... :)
    Posted by mrszeno34[/QUOTE]

cool glad it worked out ^_^
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_how-did-you-meet-your-significant-other?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:79aaf364-2331-4fac-90d6-877e8ff5a5baPost:8ccf0be6-a1a1-4fb7-9c23-f02a13c65277">Re: How did you meet your significant other?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Match.com for us!
    Posted by newenglandorr[/QUOTE]

nice
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_how-did-you-meet-your-significant-other?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:79aaf364-2331-4fac-90d6-877e8ff5a5baPost:b6aab94a-20b6-4295-a0f4-b74ec7ef92ba">Re: How did you meet your significant other?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Me and my FH met when I was 16 and when he was 21. We both worked at Key Food together. I was the cashier and he was the frozen food boy! Lol! At the time of meeting we both had significant others. My senior year of high school we started to talk more and during that time I was ending my relationship with my bf at the time. After we broke up I knew I wanted to be with my FH so we started dating and we are working on 8 years together and are getting married on our 9 year anniversary!
    Posted by ujocdeelovely[/QUOTE]

Wow thats a long time congrats.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards