Not Engaged Yet

Because @Swazzle insisted, hello!

laceybirdlaceybird member
First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited February 2014 in Not Engaged Yet
Hello, everyone!

I've been lurking about on this board for a little while, but didn't post or introduce myself simply because there are so many people here I don't recognize, and I didn't want to be a weirdo just jumping out from the shadows on an NEY board, but @Swazzle insisted. :)

I first joined TK about 3 years ago shortly before my first engagement, as HULU. However, the relationship ended prior to the wedding, so I felt no need to stick around. But, several years later, old wounds have healed, I've had many new life changes (location, new job, etc.) and I wanted to get back into the swing of things.

So, here I am! And I guess it's time to fill this out again, too. :)

Screen Name: laceybird
Significant Other's Age: 21
What You Do: Corrections Officer at a municipal jail
What SO Does: Welder
State of Relationship: Engaged
How You Met: Church
Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): March 14, 2015
Real Babies: None
Fur Babies: None of our own
Loves: Iron Man (my superhero), Dr. Who, Star Trek (Orig. and NextGen), Pugs (wish I owned one!), creamed potatoes, Jägermeister, sweet tea, video games, snuggling, warm weather, rain, and off-days!
Hates: Cold weather, spiders, messy house (my own), worms
Pet Peeves: Annoying, repetitive noises; disgusting habits, FI's driving habits (not braking soon enough, not slowing down over speed bumps, etc.)
Hobbies/Activities: I collect Iron Man memorabilia and figurines, as well as Dr. Who (mostly Daleks). FI and I have an entire room in our apartment dedicated to displaying all of our various collectibles, including Iron Man, Daleks, Harley Quinn, and Star Trek (mine); and Batman, Joker, Star Wars, and Assassin's Creed (his).
Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's handsome. He's also a "class clown" personality, and I absolutely adore his smile and laugh. It's VERY contagious.
Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He gets stressed out very easily.
Describe Your Personality: Very laid back and approachable. I've worked several high-stress jobs, so stress-management is key, and it's something I've adapted to my personal life. It helps a lot.
Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): I'd say probably a 3.
I've Been On TK Since: I first joined in 2010.
How You Came to Be On TK: My first engagement
How I like my potatoes: How many ways are there? Lol... my favorite would have to be creamed/mashed.
Favorite book/author: Haven't read anything in a long while, so I supposed the HP series by JKR.
Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:  I was on SlimeTimeLive on Nickelodeon when I was in 6th grade. I won, too! :)

Of course, if you have anything else you want to ask, feel free! :) I'm hoping to see some familiar faces still here. :)
Anniversary

Re: Because @Swazzle insisted, hello!

• hi @laceybird!  I do remember you and I'm glad to see you back.  :)
  • Welcome!!  How do you like working in a jail? I work in a prison in the mental health department and its the craziest job.
    Anniversary

• Hey - You're getting married on my birthday :)

Welcome back!

Anniversary
  • Yay! Welcome back and congratulations!!!!!!!

Tell us about your engagement! Pics or it didn't happen. 
    Where did you move to?
    How's the weather today?
    What's the last movie you saw in the theater?

• Welcome back and congrats on your engagement!!
  • @CoCoBellaF - Yay! Another familiar face, lol! :)

Welcome!!  How do you like working in a jail? I work in a prison in the mental health department and its the craziest job.

It's pretty uneventful for the most part. Since it's a city jail, any big-time offenders stay with us less than 72hrs before being transferred to the county. We get in a few crazies and combatives every so often, but for the most part it's just like babysitting.... grown adults... which I'm beginning to think is worse than babysitting children. :\

Yay! Welcome back and congratulations!!!!!!!

Tell us about your engagement! Pics or it didn't happen. 
    Where did you move to?
    How's the weather today?
    What's the last movie you saw in the theater?

Well, the proposal itself was very spur-of-the-moment and personal. We were both snuggled up in bed (we were taking a nap before going over to his mother's for a Valentine's Day dinner) when he just suddenly felt the urge. He got down on one knee right there at the side of the bed and asked me to marry him. It was great. No one around, perfectly quiet... perfect in general. :)

I moved out of my parents' house and into an apartment complex the next city over, so not too far away from where I was. Close enough to home if I ever need anything, but far enough to feel independent.

The weather has been weird lately. We got that snowstorm a couple of weeks ago, ice-storm last week, and the weather has been mildly warm-to-cool over the past couple of days. It's all cloudy and gloomy now, but light-jacket weather.

The last movie I saw in the theater was actually the Lego movie this past week with FI. After which, of course, we both bought legos and put them together, lol!
    Anniversary
  • Hello and welcome! Which Doctor is your favorite?
  • Welcome back to NEY and congratulations!!

• Hi and welcome back! You may remember me I was danser55 for awhile

Congrats on the engagement!

Anniversary

• I remember you!  Welcome back!
  • I remember you! Welcome back and congrats on your engagement!!

• Yay, I remember you too!  I don't know if I was posting then, but I do remember you :)  I feel kinda stalkerish.  Hi, I'm Blue & White :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • laceybird said:
    @CoCoBellaF - Yay! Another familiar face, lol! :)

Welcome!!  How do you like working in a jail? I work in a prison in the mental health department and its the craziest job.

It's pretty uneventful for the most part. Since it's a city jail, any big-time offenders stay with us less than 72hrs before being transferred to the county. We get in a few crazies and combatives every so often, but for the most part it's just like babysitting.... grown adults... which I'm beginning to think is worse than babysitting children. :\

I remember you too, I've never posted too much though. Congrats on the engagement!

to the bolded- my FI says the same thing. He's a CO at a correctional facility so he deals with the inmates doing their time. He used to be a preschool teacher and people always say "wow, that's so different from your job now" and he's like "well not really" lol.

• @KeptInStitches So far David Tennant, but I'm fairly new to the Doctor Who scene, so I've only been through the Eccleston and Tennant years so far.

@TwoDimes FI and I are hoping to be able to go to the mountains sometime this summer with his family. Apart from that, our next trip probably won't be until our HM.

And I do remember all of you who remember me! I'm surprised there are so many regs from back then still around. Definitely nice to see. :)
    Anniversary
  • Hi! I think I'm new since you left, but I have the worst memory >.<

PUGS ARE SO FRICKIN CUTE.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Welcome back, lady!!! Of course I remember you!! I'm not on here a whole lot, I lurk like a creeper lol.

I'm glad to hear things are going well for you. Congrats on the engagement! Ring pic!??!!
  • @laceybird Welcome back! So glad to see you here. And you're engaged?! Yay for that! I'm with @Swazzle though, pics or it didn't happen!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Ok, as soon as I saw who it was, I yelled out "HULU!!!!!" and my coworker thought I was going into labor. lol

So good to see you back!!!

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Hi! I'm definitely new since you last met, just wanted to jump on the Dr. Who wagon :)

I had never even heard of the show, but my BF loves it and I have since watched practically a million eps! 
  • @laceybird, based on your Doctor Who preferences alone, we're gonna be friends.
  • @laceybird, Welcome back!!! I remember you from back in the day and I'm glad to see you back in the boards! Congrats on the engagement!!!

And I'm happy to have another Doctor Who fan hanging around! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So tell us a little more about your FI! 

• HULU!!!! I mean, err, @laceybird!! I'm so so glad to see you're back and ZOMG you're engaged!! Congratulations! Tell us how far you are in wedding planning, since it sounds like you just got engaged a week ago. Big dreams? Dream honeymoon? Dream dress? 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Hi! I remember you. Congrats and welcome back :)
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Congrats and welcome back!

• laceybirdlaceybird member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2014
    Thanks everyone!

Sorry I wasn't able to respond yesterday. I had an absolutely dreadful day at work. (Like I'm talking BAD...)

But here's some pics for everyone! :)

First, the ring!

It's a yellow gold band with channel cut stones, and what appears to be a solitary diamond in the middle is actually 4 tiny princess cut diamonds, totaling .5 carat. FI picked it out himself and I absolutely LOVE it!

Speaking of FI....

He's a good bit younger than me (21), but I absolutely adore him. He is the absolute light of my life and I could not imagine my life without him.... even if he can be a butt sometimes, haha. He's a welder for a company that makes seats for Honda, and he's an absolute geek, just like me. :)

Here's a picture from a Dr. Who 50th Anniversary party we had at a friend's house. We're those kinds of people, lol!

Anniversary
  • audrewuh said:
    HULU!!!! I mean, err, @laceybird!! I'm so so glad to see you're back and ZOMG you're engaged!! Congratulations! Tell us how far you are in wedding planning, since it sounds like you just got engaged a week ago. Big dreams? Dream honeymoon? Dream dress? 
    So far, we're in the very beginning stages of planning. We've got until next March, so we're basically just looking over pictures very casually and keeping ideas for later on.

We're thinking of having a small, chapel-type wedding (our reception venue is going to be free due to family connections, yay! :D ) and thinking of letting our Honeymoon be our big expense. We're hoping to go to England! :)
    Anniversary
  • laceybird said:
    audrewuh said:
    HULU!!!! I mean, err, @laceybird!! I'm so so glad to see you're back and ZOMG you're engaged!! Congratulations! Tell us how far you are in wedding planning, since it sounds like you just got engaged a week ago. Big dreams? Dream honeymoon? Dream dress? 
    So far, we're in the very beginning stages of planning. We've got until next March, so we're basically just looking over pictures very casually and keeping ideas for later on.

We're thinking of having a small, chapel-type wedding (our reception venue is going to be free due to family connections, yay! :D ) and thinking of letting our Honeymoon be our big expense. We're hoping to go to England! :)
    Oh it sounds lovely. :) I like your plan of the small wedding and really big trip. England would be totally worth it
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Too cute! I'm glad you sound so happy. Also, I'm totally digging you as a blonde. I almost had to double take because I didn't recognize you! 

• Ollie08 said:
    Too cute! I'm glad you sound so happy. Also, I'm totally digging you as a blonde. I almost had to double take because I didn't recognize you! 
    Thanks! :D

Yeah, I gave up the brunette a good while back and will probably remain blonde from here on out. I dyed it back my natural hair color so it has plenty of time to get healthy again. All the bleaching and coloring has really made it dull and dry, so I'm hoping by fall, it'll be nice and bleach-free and healthy enough to really look good. :)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards