Chit Chat
Options

Am I going crazy or is everyone switching screen names??

edited February 2014 in Chit Chat
I am seeing new names that I don't recognize, but recognize the posts…hmmmm. But I can't remember who you were before you became whoever you are now :(

Sorry if we already discussed this :-p
:kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

Am I going crazy or is everyone switching screen names?? 64 votes

I changed my screen name, cuz I'm cool like that
9% 6 votes
I want to change my screen name now…where's KnotPorscha??
17% 11 votes
I am happy with my name. I'm good enough. I'm smart enough. And doggone it, people like me
46% 30 votes
I was a noob and used my real name and changed it before the internet crazies were standing on my porch
3% 2 votes
Why you keep asking PK?? you know I like turtles!
23% 15 votes

Re: Am I going crazy or is everyone switching screen names??

• Options
    I changed mine about a year ago, so I'm a number 1, but not recently.  I had my initials from when I was a BM and asked to sign up by the Bride.  I had no clue what this site was about back then and didn't use the forums

• Options
    I changed mine recently too :) 

..cause I am cool like that! lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I changed mine shortly after I joined because it was too close to my real name. But I've been who I am for about a year now.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    I've always been KeptInStitches. Thought about it carefully and I can't see a scenario where I'd change it.
  • Options
    I'm not creative with usernames so I picked the one I used frequently in high school. I don't think I'm going to change it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I just had mine changed (didn't realize it happened until 5 seconds ago) because I didn't realize having it too close to your real name was a big no no lol
  • Options
    I canceled my account soon after I joined because I used my real name and The Knot automatically generated a wedding website that I wanted to kill. But I wasn't even really active on the boards then.
  • Options
    I sort of want to change mine now but I don't have any bright ideas. I'm now a 2015 bride, not 2014, and my an just isn't very creative. Really-- bride on a bridal forum? I was *really* original.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    I just had mine changed (didn't realize it happened until 5 seconds ago) because I didn't realize having it too close to your real name was a big no no lol
    I don't think it's really that big of a deal, honestly. It's twice as easy to find someone based on their IP address than it is to find them using their name. You can pinpoint the city, even the street the person lives on. If you're really good, you can find the exact house. 

Someone on here tried to do that to me once. Except it didn't work out for them because I was logged on at work and work constantly re-routes IPs, not to mention that my server isn't in the same state as me. So, then they tried to call me out as a liar. PFT.

• Options
    I have been this name for longer than most of you have been here.....even Banana
  • Options

I had mine changed last week...I was a dummy and just used my email address and wanted something not so close to that or my name.

• Options
    Mine has always been this, but there's now a person with an eerily similar name and it's creeping me out... haha

• Options
    Mine has always been this, but there's now a person with an eerily similar name and it's creeping me out... haha
    YES! I saw that and I had a moment where I was like, "fuck.. did I have that name wrong all along??"

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've used this name since I've joined... I've actually used this name since jr. high. It's just a combination of the two activities I did in jr high and through high school. Also since no one ever would use it I don't have to remember numbers!

@pumpkinsandturkeys yours is better anyway.
  • Options
    I'm not very original either. I sent them 2 with references to buffy and dawsons creek and the 3rd one was my H nickname when I want something and his bday. That's the one they chose and it's throwing me off everytime I see it now
  • Options
    I probably should change mine because it's very close to my name. I must have signed up for this site for something well before I actually started coming here, and so when I tried to sign up it already had this username...

But everyone knows me by this.
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • Options
    I had mine changed several days after I joined because it had punctuation in it that kept me from being able to be tagged in posts.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I didn't think of making mine an "original" choice. I picked the user name when I signed up so I could make a website. I included both names, because I felt like this was not about me alone, like my Facebook or e-mail. On everything else I do, everything not wedding related, I have a name to reflect me on my own.
  • Options
    Not a new name here but a new account. I jumped ship during the craziness last year but decided to come back.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What craziness, if I may ask? I made my account last June but I'm new to the forums.
  • Options
    laceybird said:
    I had mine changed several days after I joined because it had punctuation in it that kept me from being able to be tagged in posts.
    I considered changing my name because the space in it means I don't get tagged... but then I realized if there was a thread I was tagged in that I wasn't already reading, I probably wouldn't be much use in the discussion. Or someone would just message me if they noticed I wasn't responded but really should.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    What craziness, if I may ask? I made my account last June but I'm new to the forums.
    I had an account at the time but was mostly a lurker... a bunch of regs got banned because they weren't blowing sunshine and rainbows up the asses of newbies.  At least that's my understanding.  They are now using a different forum community.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options

I had an account at the time but was mostly a lurker... a bunch of regs got banned because they weren't blowing sunshine and rainbows up the asses of newbies.  At least that's my understanding.  They are now using a different forum community.
    That pretty much sums it up. I still wish our posts would go back to glowing gold with love but things are looking a lot better so I decided it was worth coming back while I planned.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

YES! I saw that and I had a moment where I was like, "fuck.. did I have that name wrong all along??"

I was looking at the threads in the board and had a moment where I was like, "...I wasn't the last to comment on that. And where did my avatar go??" because all I could see was 'pumpkinsand...'

It's really throwing me for a loop. Why can't people be creative and come up with something individual to themselves? I call FI Turkey, and he calls me Pumpkin. Ergo, pumpkinsandturkeys. Please don't hijack my mushy relationship cuteness.

I saw that person too!!' I thought at first you changed your name, then I was like wait that's not Pumkin.... Who IS that?!

Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    This is the same name I use on every forums ever, and likely always will.

I do kind of want to change it to capitalize the C (I think I typed it in all lowercase and it auto capitalized the first letter).
  • Options
    I should probably change mine. I'm easy to find. I mean, how many Senecas are there really?
  • Options
    I wasn't really creative when I joined but I've had the same name for 4 years now.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards