Chit Chat

crossing off items on my to do list

Getting things accomplished in time by the deadlines is really stressful.  REALLY STRESSFUL.  I decided to take a month off for planning the wedding over the holidays, and got back into planning in January (Christmas season is an awful time to plan a wedding).  One month off can put you so far behind schedule.  Today, I booked the videographer and it felt GREAT!  I have set up appts all next week for flower quotes.  
   After that, I can start attempting to make my own invitations.  I am also going to do a mock run of diy projects. (sea salted caramels for wedding favors... to see if the recipe is easy enough to make before the wedding). I am also going to be making a test batch of bloody marys for the bridal shower.  I will be making those (I know you aren't supposed to help with the bridal shower, but sis is pregnant and cannot be the taste tester. Lol) I will be so happy to nail down all of the vendors next week, and go on to making my wedding my own with my own personal touches.  I feel like I am finally getting into the spirit of things and starting to enjoy the wedding planning process. Enough of the to-dos are done that I can focus on the wedding itself! Yay!!

Re: crossing off items on my to do list

• I did the same thing taking December and part of January off. It refreshed me and put me back in the spirit for the final push to our wedding in March.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • woohoo- when's the big day?

• July 25th <3<3<3.  Overcoming my fears a little bit about public speaking (saying vows in front of all those people). Instead, I am just thinking about what I really should be focussing on... saying my vows to my soon to be husband. Just so excited!
  • That's awesome! I just went and met with florals today and then brought FI to look at suits so I'm excited to check those off too 

• How exciting! It's always fun hearing about everything you all are planning (I don't have much planning since it's a tiny and informal wedding, so I live vicariously!).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards