June 2014 Weddings

Flowers

So I met with the florist today and about puked at the price! I am not a flower person, I hate roses, my favorite flowers are crazy daisies, bright, fun and simple. There's no way I'm paying $50 for a simple bouquets. I really want something super simple and she kept talking about adding extra things to it. So at the end she tells me she's going to send me the estimates by next week and says she wants to send me a little something. She comes back with 2 pink carnations and some babies breath. I loved it! Exactly what I was looking for! I told her to include an estimate for those as well she's says roughly $12 bucks. So I go to Kroger after to look at their flowers and find out I can get 21 carnations and 3 big bundles of babies breath for $24 bucks! I think I'm just gonna make my own bouquets this way and go through her for the corsages for our moms

Re: Flowers

• I love carnations. I'm planning to have roses and carnations in my bouquet.  The bouquets will be the only live flowers in our wedding, the rest are paper.  Our local supermarket will be making them for me.  I think DIYing the bouquet is a great idea.  I would do it, but I have so much other things going on the day or two before the wedding, I didn't want to add anything else. But otherwise, I would go this route too.

20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Before I had decided to go with paper flowers I was also thinking about carnations. I was going to do solid color carnation bouquets for all my bridesmaids, and add a bit of baby's breath into mine. Florists do great work, but I agree, their prices are astronomical!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Where are you finding paper flowers?? I was originally thinking about getting fake ones from hobby lobby or Michael's but they're just as expensive as the real ones. I'm meeting with the florist at our supermarket tomorrow after church to see what she can do and prices and depending on the price difference I may have her do It just for the convienence of also not having much time before hand
  • I got my paper flowers on etsy. There are a ton of different kinds at all kinds of price points. A florist told me flowers for just the BP would be $600, I got all my flowers(BP and decor) for about $300. It worked out well for me especially because we're doing a literary themed wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love the idea of DIYing your flowers. I've had the same problem with crazy prices from florists, and I'm not much of a flower person either, so I just couldn't handle it. Does anyone have opinions on silk flowers? A friend of mine was talking about them the other day, but I don't know much about them. Do they look real at all? And where can you get them?
  • I love the idea of DIYing your flowers. I've had the same problem with crazy prices from florists, and I'm not much of a flower person either, so I just couldn't handle it. Does anyone have opinions on silk flowers? A friend of mine was talking about them the other day, but I don't know much about them. Do they look real at all? And where can you get them?
    Start at a craft store like Michaels or JoAnn's and play with the flowers they have available.  See what you like/how they look.  And then wait for a sale (everything eventually is 40% off at these stores). The silks/artificial can be very pretty.  There are so many options and you do not have to worry about what is in season :-)
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @wabanzi Thanks! I think that's what I'm going to do. I like that I won't have to worry about what's in season. I just want to make sure they look good and don't look really cheap.
  • Love love carnations. I'm actually doing all carnations and our total was around $850... so I feel you.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards