Not Engaged Yet

Another Monday! How was your weekend?

Last week of the month! Did February feel fast to anyone else? Of course, it always feels pretty speedy, but this one flew by for me.

My weekend was mostly uneventful. My sleep schedule was entirely thrown off by the fatigue I had from my medication. I eventually slept from 8am until 5pm on Friday, and by Friday night/early Saturday morning, I gave up and decided to pull an all-nighter to reset my schedule. I thought it worked; I ended up getting about 13 hours of sleep Saturday night! Buuut I was still tired and ended up napping for a few hours in the evening, so I couldn't sleep again. I dozed for maybe an hour or so between 5 and 6, but then I gave up shortly before 7. So I started my day off by hitting the gym! I just hope I can last till I get home at 6pm. I'm in the process of booting up the Keurig and getting ready to shower.

I'm also psyched because we finished our registries this weekend! We ended up being lazy and not bothering to register in person. I did a slew of research online (what's the best garlic press? What's the best comforter? What's the best blender that isn't going to cost $400 or more?), and both J and I do not take long to make decisions about stuff like what color duvet cover we want.

We opted to not register for china or silver or crystal. In fact, we mostly avoided serverware, although I may register for a platter or two later this week once I assess the state of space in our kitchen. It's just that we NEVER entertain, and living in a tiny Boston apartment means that it's a pretty serious hassle to store stuff that we never use. I'm thrilled to be registering for plates, glasses, and silverware that match, though, so when we do entertain, we'll definitely have nicer stuff than we do now.
Anniversary
now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~

Re: Another Monday! How was your weekend?

• My weekend was pretty good. Drinks with the office girls on Friday was a blast. They crack me up.

Saturday we started to day off by going to Cs daughters track meet. I proceeded to get sunburnt. Then we drove an hr to Cs sons two football games. They won both of them. The first game the players were assholes, the second game the coaches were assholes.

Sunday I was hurting. The sunburn on my left arm tightened so bad I couldn't move my arm for the first half of the day.

• My weekend - pretty uneventful.

Friday - just chilled and watched TV

Saturday - Went to hockey game w/FI's family.

Sunday - I unarmed some of the minefield that I call the backyard - I couldn't clean up the whole thing because the snow hadn't melted all the way.  Had to go over to FI's parents house to help FI's dad learn how to use facebook (I think we created a monster).

Anniversary
  • @phira awesome job registering! I would've loved to do it all online, but FI wanted to see the stuff in person. We didn't register for any fine china either, I have a set that was my maternal grandmother's. In the end I'll end up with three different sets of fine china that are all very different so I didn't bother. We did need new everyday dinnerware though.

@irishdreamer I miss getting a sunburn, it's cold here!

This weekend we went up to my parents. It was fun, we hung around and my mom and I looked online for accessories for my dress. FI and my dad bonded over computer crap, we played with my parent's puppy (he is ADORABLE).

Sunday we got home and loafed around. It was a pretty boring weekend.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • My weekend was good. Two gfs and my sister came to town. We ate and drank way too much (I'm up a pound for the week... booo) but it was fun.

Tonight, my sister, @tuarceatha and I are going to see Justin Timberlake. I can't wait!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• This weekend we went up to my parents. It was fun, we hung around and my mom and I looked online for accessories for my dress. FI and my dad bonded over computer crap, we played with my parent's puppy (he is ADORABLE).
    Pictures?????

Anniversary
  • FI and I got A TON of yardwork done this weekend. I think we have about 14 lawn bags sitting front of our house right now. Saturday and Sunday were both sunny with highs in the high 60s/low 70s so it was perfect be outside and do stuff weather. We raked out all of the garden beds in the backyard and transplanted some ornamental grass and other plants from one garden bed out into the more woodsy part of our yard because we're planning to transform that garden bed into grass. Plus FI had to dig it all up anyway to assess condition of the drainage pipe and as it turns out he pretty much has to redo it all since the former owners seem to have had no logic in how they set up the pipe originally.

Our cake tasting went really well too! I showed her some pictures of what I'm looking for in a cake and her quote came in under budget (yay!) plus free delivery to our venue since she is a preferred vendor. It probably helps that I only want buttercream icing and no fondant and we're going to use leftover floral for decor on the cake instead of sugar flowers. We have one more tasting next weekend with another baker but if we go with this baker we'll have a top and bottom layer that's made of a vanilla/almond cake with raspberry filling and the middle layer will be spice cake with cream cheese filling.

I'm also super proud of myself because aside from all the hard work I did in the yard, I also took Cinders for a run Saturday morning. We put in 2.5 miles together and she did really well staying with me and not bouncing all over the place. I wish I had made a little time Sunday morning to go again but I'll try to make up for it today by taking her on a long walk after work.

• @phira yay congrats on registering! I had a lot of fun registering.  We did register for the traditional china set and all of the stuff that goes with it. We have a huge dinning room so I hope to entertain quite a bit. I hosted thanksgiving and everything was all mimatched. 

On Friday I ran to Trader Joe's I love that place for some food.  I made FI & I dinner and we just stayed in and relaxed.  Saturday I had rehearsal during the day, after rehearsal we went over to look at a few more jewelry stores for wedding bands. I still can't find one that compares to the one I love right now.  I just don't want to spend that much money on it.  Then we met up with my family for dinner for my mom's b-day.

Sunday was rehearsal all day I left the house at 10 and didn't get home until 11.  So today I am beyond exhausted running on empty.  My show opens on Thursday so the craziness is almost over.  I hope this week goes by real fast though.

Anniversary

• we had a busy weekend!  I got my early spring planting done (spinach, arugula, lettuce, carrots, little marvel peas, sugar snap peas, and 3 kinds of onions).  it was so nice to dig around in the soil.

tonight I'm teaching my first ESL class without help.  my student is a 25 year old lady who doesn't speak any English.  she started learning the alphabet this weekend.  I'm a little nervous, but H will be there to help me out until I feel comfortable. 

only today and tomorrow left of Insanity, and then the last Fit Test on Thursday!!!!!!  WOO-HOOOO!!!  I am so excited that I actually finished the program.  tonight is my least favorite workout, and then tomorrow is my favorite one so not a bad way to end the program.
  • I'm so glad February is almost over because that just makes Spring so much closer and day light savings time is in a couple weeks and it won't get dark at 6:00 anymore!

H and I had a really good weekend, we spent a lot of time outside in the nice weather we had. Friday night we went to CrossFit and came home to just chill.

Saturday I did some major cleaning! Our apartment looks so good right now! That night we had dinner with his Dad and stepmom at a Mexi restaurant in honor of National Marg day (apparently). The service was awful but they had great live music!

Sunday was really exciting for a few reasons! I shaved off almost 2 minutes from my 5K time so I'm pumped about that. Also, H improved on his time too by like 5 or so minutes which is awesome. Then, we went and did some house shopping and found a lot of really cute homes in our price range. Finding a house is starting to get really real now that we see what we could potentially live in come this Summer. Unfortunately, I think we will rent for the first year just because H's job situation might change and I would hate to buy a new home and then have to move. So we want to be safe with that first and hopefully buy next year after renting the house for one year once his job situation is firm.

• @dignity100 here's some pictures! He's getting so big! I miss when I was able to pick him up and carry him around.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @cu97tiger I'm jealous of you, sis, and @tuarceatha!! JT!!!!! SaaaaaaaaWOOOOOOOON!

My weekend was pretty great. Saturday, mom and I went to buy the chalk paint for the dresser. The shop owner was super sweet and gave me a quick turtorial and her email so that I can ask questions. Later we went and bought an awesome lamp at Lowes. It has a grey and white chevron print! PERFECTO! I also ordered my rocking chair for the nursery from Walmart. I got THIS.

Sunday we went to brunch with family. My eldest brother was in town from Utah. It was great to see him since we usually only see him once a year, in August. When we got home, el Senor and I painted the dresser for the nursery. Here is what it looks like now (it's not completely done just yet.image

And finally, last night, Bean and I watched World's Dumbest and laughed our butts off. And he farted on my foot. Several times.

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @buddysmom80 omgomgomgomg I want to snuggle him forever!!!! What a little baby (PS I still call my parent's 70 lb goldens little babies)!!!

• @beanbot2002 - I love the dresser, chevron lamp, and the rocker!!  you have the CUTEST nursery!!!  I'm sure you can't wait for your new little guy to hang out in his new digs.
  • Hey all!

I had a lovely weekend. FI turned 30 yesterday, but we didn't really do anything for it. We're both trying to spend as little as possible until I get a job, and promised not to exchange birthday gifts this year. I was still going to take him out to dinner on Saturday, but he asked if I could just make nachos and we could stay in to watch the Syracuse game instead - and I happily obliged. 

Yesterday I went food shopping for the week, and make delicious maple-orange salmon and mashed potatoes for dinner (I did stick a candle in his potatoes). I also make FI watch a ton of wedding videos on YouTube - and now I know that we are in total agreement on the style/type of decor we want :-) 

FINALLY I get to work again, as the kid is back from her latest vacation. I'll be babysitting all week and hopefully running lots of other errands for her father for extra money. He hinted that he may have found an interview for me this week, and I should find out more about it later today. Hoping it's for a good job, because then I'll have two different interviews to look forward to!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @lmhollister Okay first YES spice cake, and second YES no fondant!! We're not doing fondant either. I get that you can make some spectacular looking cakes with it, and I'm SURE it's edible if you're dying of starvation ... but I just can't imagine paying so much money for a cake when so much of it's not (really) edible. What kinds of designs are you thinking of? We're hoping for a spackle-y finish with buttercream roses all over the frickin place.

@Peaseblossom55 Isn't Trader Joe's the best?! What's your favorite thing from them? I love their microwavable Indian meals. And Two Buck Chuck because, well, I can't tell the difference between good wine and bad wine anyway.

@TwoDimes We had started talking about an engagement in late winter/early spring of 2013, but we didn't buy our rings till June and get engaged until almost September. It was REALLY hard to wait so long, and there were times during March and April, and then again during July where J had to actually be like, "We have to stop talking about it because it's not happening right now, and we'll have PLENTY of time to enjoy being engaged."
    Anniversary
  • @lmhollister your cake choices sound amazing. I have no clue what we're doing and I have no idea when we're meeting with the baker (our cake is included with our venue). I would love chocolate cake, but FI hates chocolate so all I know is that it's vanilla cake.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Morning all! I'm glad it's Monday. I had one of those weekends where you just want a mulligan on the whole damn thing because of how stupid you're being. Thankfully I have a much better partner than I deserve (seriously) and he's allowed me to declare said mulligan.

Watched Olympics. Finished KAL scarf. It looks awesome and I finally decided what it's going to be - it will be a light scarf to go with my spring coat. I'm going to cast on about 2/3 the width of the scarf and make a matching headband. I'll probably end up whipstitching the ends together to join it into a tube. I know a provisional cast-on and kitchener would be better, but I don't know how well this stuff would kitchener.

Tonight I'm planning to do laundry, cuddle up with BF, and watch Star Trek. We'll make our weekend out of the nights after work this week.
  • @phira I love the two buck chuck, I stocked up on a few different wines there this weekend.  That made me happy. I love almost everything I get from them. I love a lot of the veggie meals they have I don't have a particular favorite item.  Although I did indulge and buy a cookie dough chocolate spread ( it came in a peanut butter and jelly jar. It was amazing on graham crackers. I also love their veggie burritos

In other random news I had a WR related dream last night that my florist delivered the flowers and not only were they in the wrong color (they were yellow and orange) they were shriveled up and dead... I'm getting sick of these wedding dreams..

Anniversary

• @phira and @lmhollister - I didn't get fondant, we just did spackled buttercream.    if I could upload a picture of my cake, I would... it was gorgeous.  we decorated it with flowers and summer berries... and it was CHOCOLATE overload!  :)  my H's cake was tres leches, so the bride's cake was chocolate and the groom's cake looked more "traditional".  oh well!
  • @lmhollister your cake choices sound yummy.  We do our cake tasting at the end of April.  FI doesn't like fondant so I think we'll probably just do buttercream.  I already discussed with our florist our cake decor, a cascade of fresh flowers- roses and peonies down the side of the cake.  Unless we get inspiried by some other idea from our baker. 

Anniversary

• @phira I'm kind of looking for a "rough" finish I guess. Sort of like these:

imageimage

But with real flowers and not icing flowers. Also I forgot to say YAY on registering! FI and I have YET to go together and now I'm worried because I had to send his mom our wedding website yesterday because people have been asking about where to stay for the wedding. I did register for some small things at Pottery Barn a couple weeks ago when I was bored but we haven't made time to go and register for the things we'd really like. I thought we had more time since we hadn't sent our save the dates yet so I guess now we'll have to go this weekend and try to get some more stuff listed that we want to upgrade.

@buddysmom80 We tasted her German Chocolate cake and I loved it so much. I'd love to do a chocolate cake but I just picture myself eating a piece of chocolate and smearing it all over my front teeth or something. Why does it just have to be vanilla though? Both bakers we're considering offer like a gazillion different flavor combinations so I'm sure you can find something you can both agree on...or two different layers in different flavors like us. We're doing the vanilla almond flavor to accomodate the picky eaters and then I chose to do spice cake for the middle layer because 1. It's delicious 2. it's kind of a fall flavor and 3. I wanted to do something different.

• Wow! Lots of busy weekends here for sure. 

@IrishDreamer - sounds like you're handling the whole step-parent thing pretty well. I'd be really intimidated of older kids. I feel like they'd be less accepting of a new parental figure.

@cu97tiger - your weekend sounds (and looked!) amazing. I bet that extra pound was totally worth it. I'm sure you'll flush it out in no time!

@phira - YAY for registering! What's your favorite item on your registry? Do you have any guilty pleasures on there?

@TwoDimes - EEEK! I know it's a little ways away, but aren't you so excited that he's the one thinking about it?

• Drooooooling over the cakes omg.
    Anniversary
  • @Imhollister - ZOMG cake!!!! Nom those look delicious!

• I'm really sad that the weekend is over, I don't feel like I got to enjoy it much.

Friday night I dealt with my buyers trying to negotiate a deal with a seller, and that ran all the way through Saturday. I even had to meet them again to get the deposit and some initials on Saturday. We didn't do much on Saturday, but BF's aunt and uncle came to town, so we went to this cute little Italian place in town for dinner. 

Sunday we spent the first 4+ hours meal planning and planning our grocery shopping with coupons etc. And then we went shopping, 4 stores and 3 hours later, we were home. After that we just watched a few movies and went to bed. I can't believe it's Monday already.

• @CocoBellaF Both cakes sound so YUMMY! We aren't doing a groom's cake although a tres leches cake would be sooooo good. We have a family friend who does the most amazing homemade tres leches and whenever she makes it I just want to eat it all!

• @Imhollister - now I want cake!  Your cake sounds super yummy!!

@buddysmom80 - Awwwwwww  you're parents dog is super cute!

@beanbot2002 - You got some great stuff there.

Anniversary
  • @lmhollister yummmmm cake!!!! I don't know why we would do vanilla, we have to see what is out there when we meet with the baker. My dad made a suggestion of doing a Boston Creme Pie cake without the chocolate ganache. I LOVE Boston Creame Pie so it's a good possibility. We probably will only have a two tier cake since we're only have 54 guests so we have to make sure it's a flavor that everyone is going to eat. In a perfect world, I would have red velvet cake. Or chocolate with a nutella/chocolate mousse filling.

Fortunatley I have the design nailed down. I know I don't want fondant. Something like this:

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards