Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Music within the ceremony

Hi Knotties! I am on the fence about my ceremony music. My church only allows Christian music so my options are a bit restricted. I have a slide show with a gospel instrumental playing in the background for the prelude (it's 7 minutes long and will run on a loop). The processional and my entrance will be to Cannon in D and other traditional wedding songs. The only music I will have during the actual ceremony will be during the sand ceremony. I was going to have someone sing, but there isn't a natural flow to it so we are thinking of just playing an instrumental of the song while we do the ceremony. Given that...my question is around music in the ceremony. I see some ceremonies where there is a solo or song while nothing else is happening. As a guest it feels kind of long and awkward. As a bride and groom, is it helpful? Is that a moment of downtime to take it all in or is it just awkward? I have mixed feelings about not having at least one song sung live. At this point everything is a recording. While it is much more reliable than a live song, I wonder if it takes away from the overall event. Thoughts?

Re: Music within the ceremony

• Options
    realsoon said:
    Hi Knotties! I am on the fence about my ceremony music. My church only allows Christian music so my options are a bit restricted. I have a slide show with a gospel instrumental playing in the background for the prelude (it's 7 minutes long and will run on a loop). The processional and my entrance will be to Cannon in D and other traditional wedding songs. The only music I will have during the actual ceremony will be during the sand ceremony. I was going to have someone sing, but there isn't a natural flow to it so we are thinking of just playing an instrumental of the song while we do the ceremony. Given that...my question is around music in the ceremony. I see some ceremonies where there is a solo or song while nothing else is happening. As a guest it feels kind of long and awkward. As a bride and groom, is it helpful? Is that a moment of downtime to take it all in or is it just awkward? I have mixed feelings about not having at least one song sung live. At this point everything is a recording. While it is much more reliable than a live song, I wonder if it takes away from the overall event. Thoughts?
    @realsoon

We're getting married in a church as well. We're not having anyone sing at our wedding. All of our music is being played on the piano. During the ceremony (unity candle part) we are having the music (not the words) to On Eagle's Wings being played.
  • Options
    I think it's a little awkward if there's a song playing and nothing else. Especially if it isn't live music. There's a performance quality to live musicians that gives you something to watch. Otherwise, I'd just skip a musical interlude, unless it's a background to communion, a candle ceremony, or something similar.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards