Favors

Non Wrapped favors?

So for our favors we went with these giant truffles from Whole Foods.  I picked them up last night from the baker, washed my hands, put on latex gloves, and put each truffle into a gift box.

If you were my guest and you opened the gift box and you saw that the truffle was not sealed in some sort of bag would you be grossed out or would you eat it?

I made sure to never touch any of the truffles with my skin, and the lady at the bakery was wearing gloves as well - but my guests wont know that so now I'm worried people wont eat them :(  I have heard people say before that they would never eat unwrapped candy as a favor... 

Re: Non Wrapped favors?

• I'd have no problem with this. In fact, I bravely volunteer to eat all the truffles of your food-safety-crazy guests.
  • I will fight Emmy to the death for those uneaten truffles.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • It's chocolate - I'd eat it.  Someone who is really concerned with hygeine or food safety might pass, but I think most people wouldn't think twice about it.
  • Oh thank god, so relieved.  I was staring at all these damned delicious truffles worrying about guests whispering about how unhygienic it was.

These are things I never thought I would worry about in my life.  What an experience planning a wedding has been.
  • I would assume they were put in the box by the truffle makers and assume it was hygienic :)

Now if you have unwrapped candy on your candy buffet I'm not eating that nasty germ fest…like kids and other grubby fingered folks really use the scoops >:-P yuck!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I wouldn't give it a second thought and grab up all the unwanted truffles that I could.

• I would assume they were put in the box by the truffle makers and assume it was hygienic :)

Now if you have unwrapped candy on your candy buffet I'm not eating that nasty germ fest…like kids and other grubby fingered folks really use the scoops >:-P yuck!
    This.  

If I passed up everything that could have been touched by bare hands, I wouldn't be enjoying life.  
  • antoto said:
    So for our favors we went with these giant truffles from Whole Foods.  I picked them up last night from the baker, washed my hands, put on latex gloves, and put each truffle into a gift box.

If you were my guest and you opened the gift box and you saw that the truffle was not sealed in some sort of bag would you be grossed out or would you eat it?

I made sure to never touch any of the truffles with my skin, and the lady at the bakery was wearing gloves as well - but my guests wont know that so now I'm worried people wont eat them :(  I have heard people say before that they would never eat unwrapped candy as a favor... 
    You may have just killed anyone with a latex allergy.  You should never, ever use latex gloves to handle food.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mysticl said:
    antoto said:

You may have just killed anyone with a latex allergy.  You should never, ever use latex gloves to handle food.  
    Are you sure they were latex and not just plastic?  If they were latex, mysticl has a valid point.

• mysticl said:
    antoto said:

Are you sure they were latex and not just plastic?  If they were latex, mysticl has a valid point.

Gah!  Box!  I just went a checked the package - they are just normal plastic food handling gloves.  Phew!  I totally lost it when I read that.
  • antoto said:
    mysticl said:
    antoto said:

Gah!  Box!  I just went a checked the package - they are just normal plastic food handling gloves.  Phew!  I totally lost it when I read that.
    Awesome!  Crisis averted!

• kmmssg said:
    antoto said:
    mysticl said:
    antoto said:

Oh god but now I'm worried about what the baker used??????

I feel like they wouldn't use latex at Whole Foods though, right?  Do rich hippies use latex??  

Oh god.  Wedding pressure.  I'm over it.  Can it be Saturday yet??????
  • antoto said:
    kmmssg said:
    antoto said:
    mysticl said:
    antoto said:

Oh god but now I'm worried about what the baker used??????

I feel like they wouldn't use latex at Whole Foods though, right?  Do rich hippies use latex??  

Oh god.  Wedding pressure.  I'm over it.  Can it be Saturday yet??????
    They would not use latex.  There is no way they want to face that lawsuit.  Similarly it is unlikely you will find latex gloves in a doctor's office or hospital.  

Since you boxed the candy up yourself you should probably make sure you have a copy of the ingredient list available just in case someone has a food allergy and is concerned.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would not worry about this.  Whole Foods handles a boatload of food everyday in all of its' stores and I am sure they avoid latex for just this reason.  Don't worry about it.
  • I'd eat it! wouldn't even think twice about it.  it's not like i'm at some random place, it would be coming from someone i know since i am at their wedding. 
  • I feel like they wouldn't use latex at Whole Foods though, right?  Do rich hippies use latex??  
    I just spit water all over my computer screen when I read that!
  • I'd eat it. And maybe try to steal FI's!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards