Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Two ceremonies in the same day, what do you guys think?

2»

Re: Two ceremonies in the same day, what do you guys think?

• I think the idea of a ceremony at dawn sounds beautiful and romantic. I also thought - this sounds like something either in England or France. Super charming! I would love a little breakfast reception (tea, muffins, croissants) following the ceremony. If your reception will be dry, I don't see why waiting would be necessary. Although mimosas sound charming now too!

image   image   image

• OP, I might suspect that some of your guests just told you it was OK because they don't want to be negative to you about your wedding.

If I had to go to a dawn wedding... I would NOT be happy about it.  I would be pretty offended if there was any event pre-5 AM that didn't have some sort of hospitality extended towards the guests.  Please, if you must (though I can't possibly understand why you must) get married and have people watch at dawn, provide them with some food/drink and stick around long enough afterwards to talk to them and thank them for coming.
  • I did not mention the fact that the original plan for one ceremony would be at dawn because I wanted to know if two ceremonies might be better. The timing of the one ceremony seemed irrelevant. @vt&dt And I suspect you don't know any of my guests, and therefore have no basis on which to suspect anything of them. I know our family and friends would simply of told us if they were unhappy with the idea of a dawn wedding. We were planning on having the ceremony, (yes, still at dawn) then providing breakfast for them in their respective hotels (we're getting married outside). However, now that you mention it, it might make more sense to have the reception directly after the ceremony, if we can get our vendor to agree to it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think that is a great idea and it will be absolutely beautiful- Edinburgh happens to be one of my favorite places in the world. You will have all day to celebrate with your Mrs., your family and friends and not have to worry about having another ceremony later. I think being able to enjoy the entire day and night will be so special. Congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If getting married at dawn is so important, how about having a private ceremony and a reception later on, you know, when people are awake.
  • Love_Cam said:
    I think that is a great idea and it will be absolutely beautiful- Edinburgh happens to be one of my favorite places in the world. You will have all day to celebrate with your Mrs., your family and friends and not have to worry about having another ceremony later. I think being able to enjoy the entire day and night will be so special. Congrats!
    It is highly unlikely people will make it all day if they are getting up that early for a ceremony.  I'd be wanting a nap by 10am.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mysticl said:
    Love_Cam said:
    I think that is a great idea and it will be absolutely beautiful- Edinburgh happens to be one of my favorite places in the world. You will have all day to celebrate with your Mrs., your family and friends and not have to worry about having another ceremony later. I think being able to enjoy the entire day and night will be so special. Congrats!
    It is highly unlikely people will make it all day if they are getting up that early for a ceremony.  I'd be wanting a nap by 10am.
    I'm sorry but I'm not getting up that early for anything, not even if God himself came down from the heavens to have breakfast with me.  I am NOT a morning person.

I"d rather stay up all night than have to get up at 4 or 5am.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• mysticl said:
    Love_Cam said:
    I'm sorry but I'm not getting up that early for anything, not even if God himself came down from the heavens to have breakfast with me.  I am NOT a morning person.

I'm not suggesting people HAVE to stay up all day and celebrate. I'm also not a morning person, but some people are, it's certainly nothing to look down on.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Love_Cam said:

mysticl said:
    Love_Cam said:

I'm not suggesting people HAVE to stay up all day and celebrate. I'm also not a morning person, but some people are, it's certainly nothing to look down on.
    I think there is a big difference between being a morning person and asking your guests to get up at 3am (which is the middle of the night) to get ready and travel to your 4:50am ceremony.

• Love_Cam said:

mysticl said:
    Love_Cam said:

I'm not looking down on it at all.  I was just stating that I'm not willing to get up that early.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• If I were invited to a dawn wedding, I'd think it was pretty cool! I'd hope coffee was provided, though.
  • Um, such an early wedding is actually very, very common in Hindu culture, as special ceremony events must occur at auspicious times (such as, for example, the tying of the mangalsutra/thaali). 

And yes, many, many people come, even when the time is at 6 AM on a weekday! It's such a very kind and wedding/family-focused culture.

(I am marrying an Indian man.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • A reception of some type needs to immediately follow any wedding, regardless of the time of day.

And if I had to get up in the middle of the night to attend a dawn ceremony and was served absolutely nothing, I'd be so pissed that I'd be reconsidering the friendship.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards