Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

RSVP deadline for DW

Hi!

We are getting married in Mexico in October this year. I am ready to order invites and was wondering what the RSVP cut off should be. I was thinking June 30 (I plan to have the invites sent the first week of March). Is that enough time ?

Thank you!!

Re: RSVP deadline for DW

• Options
    Did you send out save the dates? I am getting married in August and my deadline is may 18th. I have to pay 60 days before so that is June 8th. That will give me a few weeks to track down. But you usually know who is coming before hand.
  • Options
    I don't know or care what traditional etiquette says about RSVP deadlines for our DW. Our deadline will be 12 weeks out, as we have to make all the final decisions within the 8-week prior window and that gives us 4 weeks to track down any stragglers or help with arrangements for people as needed. I think that DW's are just different in this respect. Chances are you're not going to really have last minute attendees. I think most people know pretty far in advance if significant travel is in the cards for them or not. 
  • Options
    We didn't send official Save the dates, but everyone that we are inviting already knows when and where we will be getting married. So it's not like it came out of the blue. I ordered my invites yesterday and made the deadline July 4th, 3 months before the wedding. I'd rather make it a little early than too late and then stress over people not responding in time. That way, we should have plenty of time. 

Thank you!!
  • Options
    suzanluft said:
    We didn't send official Save the dates, but everyone that we are inviting already knows when and where we will be getting married. So it's not like it came out of the blue. I ordered my invites yesterday and made the deadline July 4th, 3 months before the wedding. I'd rather make it a little early than too late and then stress over people not responding in time. That way, we should have plenty of time. 

Thank you!!
    The problem with expecting people to RSVP 4 MONTHS prior to the actual wedding date is that many people won't necessarily know their work schedules that far in advance. There is no way I would be able to make a commitment that far ahead of a wedding date. By forcing the issue that early you may get more declines.
  • Options
    Our RSVP deadline is 6 weeks before the wedding. Most of our guests have responded already and we are just waiting for 2 or 3 to get back to us.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• Options
    We are getting married May 17th. After talking with my planner, we found out that the numbers need to be set by April 17th, so we made the RSVP date April 1. We figure by then most people will know if they are traveling for it or not. 
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    al0haal0ha member
    First Comment
    My wedding is in August and I will be sending out the invitations in May with an RSVP date in June. I'd like to know who will be able to come 2 months in advance, I feel that it will make the planning of the last few details much easier.
  • Options
    Our wedding is September 6th, and our guests will need to make their reservations by July 4th, so I made the RSVP date June 6th (3 months ahead of the wedding date). That gives them a month to get their travel plans and hotel reservations together (if they haven't done so already). Everyone did get a save the date in January, so they have quite a bit of advanced warning about the location and the costs :) 
  • Options
    I think a lot of it depends on date that you need to provide info to your venue.  Start with that date then make RSVP date 3-4 weeks earlier. I need to provide my final guest list 4 weeks in advance, so I based my RSVP date on that. My RSVP's are due 2 months before wedding, which leaves me 4 weeks to track down anyone that doesn't respond (which my family is notorious for). I sent STD's about 10 months in advance and I've been in contact with most of my guests, so I already have a good idea of who is coming or not. But, I didn't want to have RSVP date too early because I know there are a few people who are still trying to decide if they can go or not and may not know until closer to the date. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards