Wedding Woes

Re: And now...TEXAS!!

• As a Texan, this makes my heart smile. I am soooo tired of people bashing my state calling us all bible beating ignorant hate mongers. Sure those people exist here, they exist everywhere, but they are not the majority. I'm not looking forward to the conservative media shitstorm this will cause, what with elections around the corner.

Yay progress! I hope to see it legal here in my lifetime.
  • As a Texan, this makes my heart smile. I am soooo tired of people bashing my state calling us all bible beating ignorant hate mongers. Sure those people exist here, they exist everywhere, but they are not the majority. I'm not looking forward to the conservative media shitstorm this will cause, what with elections around the corner. Yay progress! I hope to see it legal here in my lifetime.
    Ditto! I love Texas (born and raised) but I am happy to see there is some progress.
  • GODAMMIT PENNSYLVANIA GET WITH THE PROGRAM!!!

Seriously, my adopted state is the only state in the Northeast that hasn't legalized it yet and it makes me so sad and angry! But yay, Texas!
  • And over here in the Wild Wild Bigoted West, we wait. I am ashamed sometimes to be an Arizonan and right now is one of those times.
  • Your answer is ..... Texas with a dollar sign ($Texas)
  • And Arizona's Gov vetoed that stupid, knee-jerk SB1062! I'm hopeful that AZ is next for overturning its ban on gay marriage, if not, it's on the ballot for 2016. 

One by one, they are all falling. It's going to make it to the Supreme Court soon, where I think they will rule all of the bans as unconstitutional once and foreall! Hopefully within the next year.
  • FUCK YOU GREG ABBOT!!!

He's going to fight it.

PLEASE DO NOT LET HIM WIN THE RACE FOR GOVERNOR!!!

(Oh, yeah, hi!  Texanne here too!)

I've got so many friends who have been impacted by Texas' bass ackwards way of doing things.

Hell, I had a friend who was in the hospital, and the staff refused to allow her partner in to visit her since she wasn't "family".

It's just so frustrating to see people denied basic human rights and being treated decently and fairly.
  • A timely Archer quote from this week's episode:

"We're talking about Texas.  Somebody somewhere there wants enough cocaine to forget they live there."
  • I have lived in Texas my whole life and I think my biggest pet peeve is when they portray us all with accents, in cowboy/cowgirl attire, and riding a horse.  I could count on one hand the number of Texans that I have met with the trademark southern drawl that we always seem to have on television.  I guess they just like the effect it gives. Lol!

I am happy that we are making progress to keep up with modern day!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker}
  • I had a history teacher in Junior High who moved here from New York.

She, in ALL honesty, thought EVERYONE:
    Owned a horse
    Had a 10 gallon hat
    Had an oil well

She also thought that the derricks were the wells.  She had no idea that the pump jacks were actually drawing up the oil.

Nice lady though otherwise.  Just...maybe watched too much "Dallas"?  We're not ALL Ewings around here.
  • I think the stereotypes are true for most states.  I've had friends come visit and IDK WTF they thought happened to me, but they're shocked at the culture here.  Like we're all banjo playing, teeth missing, overall wearing, 'g dropping, bible thumping, and moonshine drinking hillbillys.

Those people are here, yes.  Hell, I saved Zelda from one of those those families.  The majority of us, not so much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards